pridesabtch Posts: 2,370 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday

- Work mostly on time :smile:
    - Protein bar for breakfast :(
    - Not cry at work
    - Sandwich and apple for lunch
    - Work until 5:30
    - Church maybe, maybe the laundromat instead. Washer broke Thursday. Clothes are overflowing baskets. New washer shows up Saturday. I hate laundromats.
    - Dinner
    - No alcohol
    - No eating in the car
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Recap T 10/22 ~ Raining at 5:45 a.m. = no dog walk / rest day (sad dog)
    1) Move hourly (except dinner out) / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,043 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 35 floors :neutral:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / belated bday dinner w/ BFF & already previewed menu online & logged / enjoy 1 adult beverage / net cals < 200 red / 14c water = :s Totally blew calories last night & moving on. Net cals -1,000 (est.) and 'nuff said.
    3) Check w/ admin & request prof license renewal form :) / GA-R(ROP) set-up :D really taking my time with this / reduce Inbox :) / EMT situation? (Ben) :# still no word from him T but resolved at last on W a.m.
    4) To-do's: TYs to S & J for bday gifts nope / pay medical invoice :) / update financial records no time / other? nope
    5) Unplug 9:00 :s / FLOSS :s / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :/ (walk dog W before work ~ no rain forecast, would be nice if skies clear & I could see Orion)

JFT W 10/23
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Evening to-do's
    4) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog R before work)

For some reason last night, I woke up after hubby was home from work & stayed awake with him for 90 min. Loved our time together, but totally killed getting up at 5:45 a.m. to walk dog. Sad dog & sad me.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I can clarify that burying a child is the worst thing in the world.
    I think when you become a parent as well you EXPECT to die first, so you don't think any situation would arise that it would be the other way round!

Buying a child though is very much frowned upon LOL! But I do wonder how much they would cost haha
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    @snowflake sending good wishes for your ring turning up

Time management better today. Better yesterday and today not eating snack junk food. Drank more water @ home last night and will tonight too. Threw out stuff at work m,t,w and felt better.
    Tonite: make vitamin packs, calories down, fluid up, GO TO BED BY 8, cook??, post giveaway stuff, prep returns
    AM: make matcha collagen drink, leave by 545

I will end this year in a better place.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 23 October

Log accurately :) except the Christmas cake mix that I sampled!
    Stay in the green :) I had enough wiggle room despite not logging the cake mix.
    5 fruit and veg :)
    WATER! :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - be at a deficit rather than maintenance. :)

Today I need to Clean and tidy the kitchen, go shopping then cook the Christmas cake without sampling much of the mixture! :)

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,331 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @littleblackskirt You should start with a 15 minute beginners Leslie Sansone. They are useful if you cannot get outside. Also, I walk round the house during ad breaks when watching TV. You can rack up about 100 steps a minute. I walk to and from my kitchen.

@Bex953172 You poor dear. What a nightmare.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    23/10: CW: 153.6 - 2.4 🌻

JFT: Wed 23 Oct
      New Daily Goals
      Food
      • log All food and drink; stay under goal🌟
      • balance macros/micros🌟
      • Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!🌟
      Exercise:
      • Knee Physio🌟
      • 7,000+ Steps daily 😏dozed off. 500 under
      • 30 + minutes intentional exercise🌟
      Other
      • Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation 🌟
      • Practice Self-care🌟
      • Positively reframe thoughts 🌟
      • Learn something new🌟
      • 15 mins Daily Declutter session🌟
      • Laundry—> Tomorrow
      • 10.30 am: Chinese Writing Workshop🌟
      • 2 pm: Play Reading Group 🌟

JFT: Thu 24 Oct
        New Daily Goals
        Food
        • log All food and drink; stay under goal
        • balance macros/micros
        • Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
        Exercise:
        • Knee Physio
        • 7,000+ Steps daily
        • 30 + minutes intentional exercise
        Other
        • Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
        • Practice Self-care
        • Positively reframe thoughts
        • Learn something new
        • 15 mins Daily Declutter session
        • Laundry
        • No planned activities, so catching up with chores, accounts, etc
      • toaljasa
        toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
        Options
        Bex953172 wrote: »
        Today was my "chill out and recoup energy" day.
        It was far from it.

Got a call saying Saskia was really struggling with her ear ache in school, so I loaded the girls in the pram and set off, got there and they had to wake her up to bring her to the office. She burst into tears when o said we'd have to walk home. So I unstrapped Marley and put her in the pram. She barely fit but I felt so sorry for her, she's not been in a pram since she was two and was worried about her friends and the lollipop man seeing her! (They didn't)
        So got her a dr appointment straight away. Got them loaded back in the pram with Sask walking. We had half an hour to get there, and at my pace it's just about doable. But sask was so slow and crying most the way, it was too far for Marley so after a bit I told sask to stand on then back of the pram.
        So there I am, thundering down the street and through the park with 3 kids on one pram! Saskia starts asking why I'm "breathing funny" And I was like I'm out of flipping breath pushing you lot!! Cheeky monkey.
        Anyway she walked the last bit (thank god because it was all uphill) and it was a nightmare there, they have a disabled lift and it was out of order.
        I had to yank a double pram up the about 6 steps. I was like a body builder lifting that *kitten* up each step! Then the younger ones were screaming and winding each other up. I gave them both an apple they kept dropping it and stuff.
        Then the walk home was so lonnnng. Took 50 mins to walk back, everyone was going back slow even me I was shattered! Left home at 3.30 and got home at 6!

How is Saskia? So, I totally visualized you and the children ambling down the road. You are so great, Bex. You do what you have to ..you are a great example of "it is what it is" and do what needs to be done. Hope Sakia feels better. And I think you got your exercise in today!!!!
      • chemjenny
        chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
        edited October 2019
        Options
        JFT 10/23
        Get tree estimate :) expensive to trim trees
        Work on slide presentation :)
        Take cat to vet :) Pumpkin needs his teeth cleaned poor kitty
        Track :) but not green
        Fast :)
        Exercise :'(

I am feeling very unmotivated. That’s how it goes for me, I’m good at the calorie counting and exercise for 2 weeks and then I lose the motivation. Any tips on getting it back? I almost didn’t log tonight.

JFT 10/24
        Take car to shop
        Fast
        Track and be under!
        Drink water bottle
        Exercise
      • ZizzyBumble
        Options
        Thursday 24 October

Log accurately
        Stay in the green
        5 fruit and veg
        Water
        Fitbit exercise goals
        Attend to Happy scale trend by trying to stay below maintenance

Today and tomorrow will be a challenge as I’m visiting my parents and they will probably want to eat out.
      • ZizzyBumble
        Options
        @snowflake1968 I hope you find your ring.

@Bex953172 yesterday sounds tiring, I hope you have a less stressful day and that Saskia gets better soon.
      • awhit4842
        awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
        Options
        JFT Thursday
        1. Log all food
        2. Drink 150oz water
        3. Meditate
        4. Gym
      • Snowflake1968
        Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
        Options
        @Bex953172 - BURYING a child, not buying one ;D

I really need new glasses. Yes I agree that must be one of the worst things in the world.
      • Snowflake1968
        Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
        Options
        5lb Challenge
        Oct 9 - 191.2
        Today - 189.6- same as yesterday no change
        Loss - 1.6

JFT - Wednesday Oct 23
        2L of water - :)
        Log all food - :)
        15 minutes of exercise - :)
        Gratitude journal - :)

JFT - Thursday Oct 24
        2L of water
        Log all food
        15 minutes of exercise
        Gratitude journal

I managed to get all of my goals in yesterday and it felt good to put all of the smiley faces. Didn't eat the best and way over in calories, but I will get back to that soon too.

Tonight I have my first craft show of the season, so it will probably be a fast food supper, but at least I'll be standing a lot this evening.

@bex953172 - Most of the couches we have had in our marriage have been given to us. We did have a brand new one when we were first married my grandparents bought for us, but they renovated our basement apartment and we couldn't get it out of there. We left it for the next tenants. Then in 2010 we bought 2 brand new sets from furniture discount stores and they just didn't hold up. One of them the springs went in about 3 years and the other the "leather" started cracking. I don't know how people have furniture that lasts them 30 years or more.
        Hope Saskia feels better soon. Earaches are nothing to play around with, when my niece was age 22 they finally found she had a hole in her ear drum, they think it was from untreated ear infections when she was little. She always yelled and never spoke in a soft voice. The day after her surgery to repair it she spoke at normal volumes. Her mother has thought long and hard about a time she may have had an infection and she didn't know and she thinks it was when she was a baby and she (Mom) thought it was just colic.

@cschmitz110515 - those moments with hubby are so worth it though.

@PackerFanInGB - we had a discussion at work yesterday about working from home, I don't think I would have the discipline for it. I would find too much other stuff to do I think.

OK, i was up early but spent so much time on here I am now going to be later to work than usual for me. Still not late, but not as early as I like.
      • clicketykeys
        clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
        Options
        Checking in from Wednesday
        1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
        2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Pull progress reports.
        3. Class 1: Set up Handouts folders. Return progress reports. Finish graphic organizers. Tomorrow: Go over grammar work.
        4. Class 2-3: Set up Handouts folders. Return progress reports. Finish graphic organizers. Update class websites.
        5. Planning: Grade narratives. Parent calls. Ask questions that respond to comments on senator list. Encourage students to look at issues from multiple perspectives.
        6. Lifting. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
        7. Dinner: Burgers. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Put jewelry away.
        8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads Friday. Pack lunch.
        9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 6:00.

JFT Thursday
        1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
        2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Tally sheets to 700 hall.
        3. Class 1: Go over grammar work. Review MLA format. Type draft. Ask questions that respond to comments on senator list. Encourage students to look at issues from multiple perspectives.
        4. Class 2-3: Go over grammar work. Review MLA format. Type draft. If finished, improve summer project. Update class websites.
        5. Planning: Meeting. :P
        6. PM run: Aim for 4 miles. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
        7. Dinner: Pizza. Chop celery. Put jewelry away.
        8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
        9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 6:00.
        10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
        End of 2017: 174.6
        End of 2018: 189.2
        January 2019: 186.0
        February 2019: 187.0
        Today: 197

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
        1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
        2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
        3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
        4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
        5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
        6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
        7. Theater: What's next?
        8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
        9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
        10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. So I tried to get more sleep and my brain woke me up stupid early and it was cold this morning and I plan to go for a run this afternoon and I could have gone this morning? but... ugh. I didn't. We'll see how I feel this afternoon. Haven't heard from the car place yet but we might be dashing off to try to get the new car today if we do hear. I dunno.
      • cschmitz110515
        edited October 2019
        Options
        chemjenny wrote: »
        JFT 10/23
        I am feeling very unmotivated. That’s how it goes for me, I’m good at the calorie counting and exercise for 2 weeks and then I lose the motivation. Any tips on getting it back? I almost didn’t log tonight.

I truly believe "motivation" is overrated. Many days I do not want to get out of my comfy bed early (especially now that it's dark) to walk the dog, but I do. Many days, I do not want to do (or not do) at least one thing, but I do. Pick one thing a day, and do it. Usually, you feel way better after, it's just starting that's hard. [Sorry, don't mean to sound preachy. I know it's hard.]

On MFP there is a thread you might be interested in at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1

ukkuaioca1iy.jpg
      • cschmitz110515
        edited October 2019
        Options
        Recap W 10/23 = For some reason last night, I woke up after hubby was home from work & stayed awake with him for 90 min. Loved our time together, but totally killed getting up at 5:45 a.m. to walk dog. Sad dog & sad me.
        1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,291 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 40 floors :neutral:
        2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water = Net cals -22 :) , sodium -1,339 >:) (homemade leek soup w/ canned chicken broth ~ yikes!), sugar -16, fiber ok, protein good, 12c water
        3) Evening to-do's: washed towels, emptied kitchen compost bucket in bin, folded hubby's work shirts & took all clean clothes upstairs, most put away except my shirts to hang, balanced bank accts, updated budget s/s :)
        4) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :) / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: 10:00 (walk dog R before work)

JFT R 10/24
        1) Walked dog before work 3.58 mi 1:05:38 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
        2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
        3) Meals & snacks (mostly) prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
        4) Evening: choir 6:30 / charge LED vest / order tickets / wash dishes / bring in ceramic pot (forecast for hard freeze tonight) / take screen out & put in glass panel in front door / remove screen from kitchen window / plug in heated birdbath / fill containers from rain barrel / other?
        5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog F before work)

This morning when walking dog, sky was clear and I was able to see Orion (constellation) & sliver of moon... so pretty! With clear sky came cold temps... "feels like" was 31 (F) according to my phone. So wore fleece-lined pants, winter jacket, knit high-vis hat, and gloves. Plus LED gear on me and dog as usual. With no sidewalks, want car drivers to see us! So glad I went, felt great after and already have 9,000 steps.