Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Confession:
    I stick the cotton swab way farther in my ear cannel than I am supposed to...

Guilty as well! I try to clean my ears every so often.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am doing nothing for Halloween. And I like it that way.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Confession: I am doing nothing for Halloween. And I like it that way.
    I did this for Halloween:
    rtzrjnohspkc.jpg

That's cool, @Just_Ceci!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I finally took both kids swimming for the first time! Can you believe I never swim any more what with small babies and constant colds and ear problems. Thankfully I still just about fit in my cozzie so hubby and I took them in the baby pool on a whim. They loved it once they realised what was happening. Definitely my kids!

Fun!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have a wedding to go to tomorrow. I confess: I don't think it will last.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Confession I need to get a grip on my eating (I have gained so much weight back).

I’m right there with you, Kelly!!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    My team at work were a circus. I was the acrobat/tight rope walker. We won best group costume.
    ETA: I tried to add a photo, but it's not working.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Got a new bed on Monday (went from a full to a queen size) & have noticed for the past two days my extreme binging has stopped. I'm wondering if my extreme binging was coming from being so sleep deprived with my old mattress. Some nights it felt like I was sleeping on a plywood board. Whenever I used to have mini binges it would generally just be around my period & then I would go back to normal once it started.

Hoping now my eating will stabilize & I'll get a lot of this excess weight off. Also noticed with the new bed I don't feel like a zombie at work & that I don't want to rip everyone's heads off as much. It definitely wasn't great for my ADHD since I got frazzled way too easily & wanted to rip everyone's heads off.

It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for your health. 💓
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Here's a rather deep confession/realization I had this weekend:

I had a rather significant parenting fail last night.

There was a cute young lady at the wedding reception we went to last night. She’s nearly 13. She was hanging out with us at our table. She kept saying over and over how she wasn’t going to dance with the boys; we couldn’t make her. She very obviously wanted to dance. I made my son dance with her and they had a lot of fun.

The fail part: she was saying no, and I demonstrated to my son that it was ok to force her, she would have fun. Now put that same situation into a date rape scenario 😬.

I talked with my son about it this morning, explaining that he needed to respect that no meant no, no matter what. As the mom of a son, I think the moms of daughters need to teach their daughters to speak up for what they really want, and not be coy. It creates a terrible catch-22 for the boys not knowing when the girl really means yes or no. It is really troubling and sobering to think about. If boys have to respect when a girl says no, then a girl has to also respect that no means no and not misuse it.

I’m not throwing aspersions on anyone. Just had a huge eye-opening experience on how hard it can be from the guy’s perspective.

It can be really hard for boys when girls send mixed signals.
    My 13yo about hit a boy at school because he heard my friend Tina's daughter say "I told you no. Now leave me alone." Tyler stepped between them and said, "She said no. That means you go away." The guy looked at Tyler and said "Or what?" Tyler stood up straight, handed Kenzie his glasses and said, "if you don't I make you." The boy walked away and Kenzie gave Tyler's glasses back. The teachers who saw it, including my pastor's wife, were so stunned they didn't do anything to Tyler, but Tina thanked me later. I told her that he can get suspended for making no stick for a girl. I hope I have raised him to and to let it stick when he hears it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Got a new bed on Monday (went from a full to a queen size) & have noticed for the past two days my extreme binging has stopped. I'm wondering if my extreme binging was coming from being so sleep deprived with my old mattress. Some nights it felt like I was sleeping on a plywood board. Whenever I used to have mini binges it would generally just be around my period & then I would go back to normal once it started.

Hoping now my eating will stabilize & I'll get a lot of this excess weight off. Also noticed with the new bed I don't feel like a zombie at work & that I don't want to rip everyone's heads off as much. It definitely wasn't great for my ADHD since I got frazzled way too easily & wanted to rip everyone's heads off.

That's super interesting. I bet you are right! I'm always snacky when I'm tired. It's like I'm trying to get the energy I need from the candy.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Here's a rather deep confession/realization I had this weekend:

I had a rather significant parenting fail last night.

There was a cute young lady at the wedding reception we went to last night. She’s nearly 13. She was hanging out with us at our table. She kept saying over and over how she wasn’t going to dance with the boys; we couldn’t make her. She very obviously wanted to dance. I made my son dance with her and they had a lot of fun.

The fail part: she was saying no, and I demonstrated to my son that it was ok to force her, she would have fun. Now put that same situation into a date rape scenario 😬.

I talked with my son about it this morning, explaining that he needed to respect that no meant no, no matter what. As the mom of a son, I think the moms of daughters need to teach their daughters to speak up for what they really want, and not be coy. It creates a terrible catch-22 for the boys not knowing when the girl really means yes or no. It is really troubling and sobering to think about. If boys have to respect when a girl says no, then a girl has to also respect that no means no and not misuse it.

I’m not throwing aspersions on anyone. Just had a huge eye-opening experience on how hard it can be from the guy’s perspective.

I think you are an amazing mom for having the second convo with your son. I think most would not have given a second thought. You are so right- the days of coy are over.

You are a great mom, Quik!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

That's super interesting. I bet you are right! I'm always snacky when I'm tired. It's like I'm trying to get the energy I need from the candy.

Yeah it was awful. I was like an endless pit & nothing could stop it. I binged on anything & everything. The past few days I've ate 2,000 until I get more consistent with my logging & then I'll probably bump it to 1700-1800.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have an enormous capacity too, @kellyjellybellyjelly - I have a small frame but can EASILY eat more than a huge man, before my body feels too full. It's hard because I enjoy feeling full. Not just sated, but really full. I don't know why.

We have a lot of leftovers in the house right now that are not healthy and I'm home today, and really trying so hard to resist the urge. You know, leftovers, they don't really have calories right? Because we're doing our civic duty to finish them? So instead, I literally ate four whole heads of romaine lettuce with a greek yogurt dressing for lunch. Now I'm full, but that is a lot of lettuce.

What do you do to resist the urge to "pig out?"