October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    It was rainy, cold, and windy last night (25F feels-like temp). So I opted for 8 miles of "crazy laps". When @AlphaHowls mentioned this way back when, I thought there was no way I would every resort to doing that. But my mamma always told me "never say never". I resigned myself to being OK with not making goal this month after my leg pain got bad enough, but the slow, short strides of running indoors allowed me to just make it. On to November. Happy Halloween everybody!

exercise.png

I wish I had that option. Mine would have been the weather or a dreadmill.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I have a half marathon planned for November 9th. The weather has finally been cooler. I achieved my goal last month of 25 miles; shortened goal due to being on vacation for 2 weeks.

My new goal for this month is 50 miles. I think that it is an attainable goal.

10/4......7.05 miles.

10/6.....6.01 miles.

10/7....2.03 miles.

10/10...2.87 miles.

10/13....6.04 miles

10/25...4.52 miles

10/28...8.01 miles (Monon trail)...

10/29...7.05 miles (Monon trail)

Total miles.....43.58 miles
    Goal miles....50

So, I still had 6.42 miles to run to achieve goal. It was pouring down with rain when I left work. I had a hang-nail on my left big toe that was really hurting at the end of the shift. So it was an easy decision to skip the workout and just call it a month.

I am working 3 shifts in a row...so probably will be late logging any November miles....plus it is taper week before the half marathon (the Monumental) in November.

I am going to baby the toe next week. Probably run 1 mile stretches on the treadmill and follow it with strength training.

Has anyone ever had a hangnail on a big toe? I have been trying to leave it alone. It's not as sore today, but want it to be race ready. Also I have the unfortunate issue of needing it to walk. I appreciate any input.

Congratulations on those who made their goal. Good luck to those running this weekend. I hope that you have great weather.

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be a November running thread?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    there is a thread dedicated to finding the monthly challenge. its a quick way to go back even if one needed too. If you wanna star this thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10393468/current-past-challenges#latest, it helps.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    there is a thread dedicated to finding the monthly challenge. its a quick way to go back even if one needed too. If you wanna star this thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10393468/current-past-challenges#latest, it helps.

Why did I never know this existed!!!!!