October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I don't think I logged anything for the month since I've been away. We took a Rhine River cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland and it was fantastic. The only drawback was having to run on a 12-laps-to-a-mile running track on the sundeck. My right leg is sore from the constant pressure of turning. But the views were spectacular. I'll post some pictures in another post from my phone after this post.
    What a wonderful vacation! Love the pictures! Way to go on running all those laps!
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 - Awesome pictures but 306 laps wow! I just looked back to see that I haven’t had to resort to the Dreadmill since September 20 & it has been marvelous running all my miles outside. Even though you were outside with inspiring scenery it still reminds me of the mill!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 - That is one of our planned future trips but going all the way to Budapest! Your pictures make me want to go now!! So beautiful. I cannot imagine running all of those little laps though. I think I would just take a break from running, well maybe...
    @polskagirl01 - I love that you were hosting a band (anyone we might know?) and serving PSLs! I am not a fan but I know people here absolutely love them... Also I think pretty much any topic would be appropriate in this group. That candy bar looks delicious, especially since it is dark chocolate!
    @MaddawgMadsen - Welcome to the group! You might consider the C25K (couch to 5k) app or something similar. Lots of folks here have used it successfully to get started or come back to running.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    October Goal 100 miles

October 2 – 5.18 miles
    October 4 – 10.7 miles
    October 7 – 4.01 miles
    October 8 – 4.51 miles
    October 9 – 5 miles
    October 11 – 12 miles
    October 14 – 5.16 miles
    October 16 – 5.01 miles
    Total – 51.57 miles

5 miles in the pouring rain this morning. My clothes, hair and everything else were dripping water when I finished. I’m not complaining though because we really really need some rain around here. Feeling tired now though. I had bootcamp after work yesterday and it involved a lot of running including sprints. Half way to goal!

Congratulations on your retirement @BeverlyW1108!

@shanaber – glad Hobbes did great with the surgery. I hope he isn’t feeling too bad today. Give him an extra ear scratching for me!

How was running in the rain? We had rain here yesterday too but I ran indoors. I wasn't sure what gear I would need or how to decrease my misery....
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 Very cool pics! And 306 laps, turning right all the time?! That's commitment! But couldn't you have changed directions each mile or so to help even things out? Maybe it was a one-way only track, I don't know, I've never been on a ship with a track.
    Maybe I'll see you in Peachtree City on Saturday? :#

@zeesparrow I feel your back pain! I was working most of the day yesterday on the ground, and tweaked my lower back somehow. Was very sore last night, and this morning. I was dreading taking that first step on my run, but somehow running is the only time it DOESN'T hurt. Weird. Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 - I love that you were hosting a band (anyone we might know?)
    The band is called Spoken, and they're on a European tour right now. Their lead singer, Matt Baird, did an acoustic set for our people, and they loved it. Hopefully I can link to one of their songs here, if not, just search YouTube for the band name and his name... https://youtu.be/KKfekU6ulv4
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Great job on the distance PR! Even though conditions weren't optimal, you stayed tough and got through it. That's a runner's mindset 😉 💪
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    Whew! Caught up! Great job @Tramboman on your AG win! And amaing race @7lenny7 and @MegaMooseEsq! It's hard for me to imagine running that long/far.
    Hope everyone's aches and pains heal up shortly!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    5.05 miles tonight

exercise.png