October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,729 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @7lenny7! Loved the race report. So nice that you had @MegaMooseEsq to run with you on your last big loop. Thanks to you and @rheddmobile, I’m seriously considering doing a timed race next month. There is one close to where I live that is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I've been thinking about running it for the past couple of years but have always found an excuse not to.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @emmamcgarity congrats on the new distance PR! I'm glad you're going to give trail running another chance. I remember hating trail running the first time I tried it. It was harder, I was slower, and I ended up with a bunch of new pains. I didn't try it again as soon as you will be though, well done! Walking new trails first as @rheddmobile suggests sounds like a great idea.

@martaindale great job on the race!

@ContraryMaryMary - Miss 7 training for her "tryathlon", too cute! Ribs and a G&T on the deck sounds like a winning combination.

@Tramboman sorry your race didn't go as well as you'd hoped. I know all too well how that goes. But you finished and got the AG win, so nice job!

@shanaber love the photos! Hobbes!!

@kgirlhart great photos, especially the the ribs!

@Avidkeo happy for your long run!

@RunsOnEspresso great RR! I too carry spare safety pins in my truck. I'm glad your race went well and your scare was only a scare.

@mbaker566 that potty line looks horrible! Iced vanilla latte would make up for it though. that would be a great idea for an ultra aid station. So would puppies!

@hamsterwheel6 hope that swelling goes down quick and you can get back to running.

@T1DCarnivoreRunner tough going at the marathon but it sounds like you adapted and did well in spite of the problems. Nice job!

@HonuNui great turtle shots!

@eleanorhawkins I think I remember you telling us about that cow incident. We deal with cows when we hunt in South Dakota every year so having cows on the road would be a fun distraction rather than a concern. My boys and I have even got to help out in a cattle drive a couple of times. I think I had as much fun as the boys did.

@PastorVincent no, @MegaMooseEsq did not get a medal or sticker of any sort. She did get her money's worth though, in the experience and in getting to eat at the buffet...I mean aid station.

@katharmonic yes, we did talk about some of the characters here by their MFP names, LOL! I was happy with myself that when I first saw her I didn't yell out, "Hey Mega Moose!" Pacers were only allowed after the 6 hour mark but I would be thrilled to fill up my dance card with MFP members after that point.

@Teresa502 I encourage everyone to try a fixed time race. It's a different mindset. I feel it's a more relaxed type of race and as much as I thought I'd hate small loops like that, it's nice to be able to tick them off one by one and getting into a rhythm as you get to know the loop.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @katharmonic yes, we did talk about some of the characters here by their MFP names, LOL! I happy with myself that when I first saw her I didn't yell out, "Hey Mega Moose!"

Miss opportunity, IMO.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 great race report! Love the way you paint a picture. So awesome that @MegaMooseEsq was there to pace you for some of it. Love seeing our MFP family getting together!! <3
    Hope your blister 'heels' quickly, and your quads allow you to walk down stairs soon.
    Congrats on the distance PR!!!! I just can't imagine being out there for 12 hours :s
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @7lenny7 I remember you doing that race last year! Sounds like you had a lot of fun and congratulations on achieving all your goals!

Thanks for those replying about the garmin. Mine usually syncs all day too, so I did a test where I got my step goal then went straight to the app and I actually saw my watch change! The steps were 12007 and I watched it dial back to 8514! That was also my step count when I started a tracked activity yesterday.

Today when I go to connect its not even showing me a step counter, and tells me it has a lot of data to process. I'll give it a few days but I worry that either a) the app is having issues or b) new watch is having issues or c) Was a random glitch that will never happen again.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @7lenny7 I remember you doing that race last year! Sounds like you had a lot of fun and congratulations on achieving all your goals!

Thanks for those replying about the garmin. Mine usually syncs all day too, so I did a test where I got my step goal then went straight to the app and I actually saw my watch change! The steps were 12007 and I watched it dial back to 8514! That was also my step count when I started a tracked activity yesterday.

Today when I go to connect its not even showing me a step counter, and tells me it has a lot of data to process. I'll give it a few days but I worry that either a) the app is having issues or b) new watch is having issues or c) Was a random glitch that will never happen again.

My app gave me the message about having a lot of data to process this morning, too so I suspect option A. I usually charge my watch by connecting it to my PC, which I did this morning (some time after I saw that message). The app seems to be fine for me, now.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I retired September 27 & guess what,,, there are still only 24 hours in a day & I guess I’m checking a few things off my list but darn I kinda thought I would be running & exercising more. I think maybe someone up there is watching over me so I don’t overdo it!

I hope y’all have a Terrific Tuesday!

September Actual - 57.1
    October Goal - 58
    October MTD - 35.35
    YTD Goal- 500
    January-September YTD- 374.95

Congratulations!!!!
    You may find (like I did) that you still don't have the time to do everything you want to do
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent: No medals for pacers, but I did get a pancake, some ginger ale, and half of a grilled cheese sandwich!

Thats better than a medal! :) Medals you keep around forever and can not really eat.