October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Congrats on your 10 miler!
    @Tramboman Sorry you didn't get your PR, but congrats on the AG win!
    @shanaber Beautiful pictures!
    @polskagirl01 I hope the quad heals quickly!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Great race report! I'm glad everything was ok with the leg!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I had my first race post-broken leg this past weekend. I wrote a really bad blog about it. Add .com/blog to my username to find it. ;)

I enjoyed your blog post! So good to read you have recovered your former speed!

When I was young and in the SCA I traveled out there to attend a camping event called “Estrella Wars.” I wonder where it was in comparison and how similar the terrain is?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @shanaber jealous of those running places. Pictures look so nice!

@RunsOnEspresso read your race report, it was really good. I snooped on the rest of your site, and was impressed how well it was organised and laid out. Glad your leg is feeling better, and you are staying on track in your marathon training. Keep it up!

@mbaker566 good job on your 5K, and love the puppy pics!

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hey y’all,

Anyone ever have a nail fungus? I know it’s gross. But damaged runners toenails are more susceptible to nail fungus. I took oral meds, it tried to kill my liver. So today I have an appointment to either have it removed or do the laser treatment. Anyone have experience? Is the laser worth it? I’m thinking I’m going to just be brave and have it removed.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @durhammfp - I was going to ask as well where it was. It looks very much like where I was hiking and running this last week in Cambria CA. I will be posting some pictures in a bit.

Cambria. Bingo! I have been running all over Fiscalini but this is from the Bluff Trail. :-)

@shanaber I plan on running here one more morning, tomorrow maybe around 7ish. Are you in Cambria now?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I had my first race post-broken leg this past weekend. I wrote a really bad blog about it. Add .com/blog to my username to find it. ;)

I enjoyed your blog post! So good to read you have recovered your former speed!

When I was young and in the SCA I traveled out there to attend a camping event called “Estrella Wars.” I wonder where it was in comparison and how similar the terrain is?

I've never heard of Estrella Wars so I had to google. It's held at Schnepf farms now which is like an hour or so from me. I've never been there but I think it's just a big field. Estrella 5k is heald out Estrella Mountain Regional Park. It's mostly dirt and rock with some cactus. LOL
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    @durhammfp - I was going to ask as well where it was. It looks very much like where I was hiking and running this last week in Cambria CA. I will be posting some pictures in a bit.

Cambria. Bingo! I have been running all over Fiscalini but this is from the Bluff Trail. :-)

That is so funny! We were there at the same time!

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @shanaber jealous of those running places. Pictures look so nice!

@RunsOnEspresso read your race report, it was really good. I snooped on the rest of your site, and was impressed how well it was organised and laid out. Glad your leg is feeling better, and you are staying on track in your marathon training. Keep it up!

@mbaker566 good job on your 5K, and love the puppy pics!

Thanks! I have plans to work on it more but it always seems to fall to the bottom of the to do list.