October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »

@PastorVincent Oh yeah! I bought your latest book but haven't read it yet. I've spent a fair bit of time researching for a new character for our campaign and forgot all about it. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Thanks!

I wish I could find a local group to game with. It has been three decades since the last group I was in broke up due to well me, the GM, moving away. Minor detail I guess. :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,729 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    It is so hard to work when I plan on leaving early to make the drive to South Dakota tomorrow. Packet pick up tonight in Sioux Falls then a 45 minute drive south to the state park where the race is held. I'm splurging and have a camper cabin reserved.

I may stop at some breweries along the way.

Race start temp is 36F,increasing to 57F at noon. Planning on shorts, short sleeve shirt and arm sleeves. I'll have a light weight wind layer with me if needed.

Good luck tomorrow! Looking forward to your report.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Is anyone else participating in the Hug a Runner 5K challenge? It starts on November 11. You pledge to run a 5K for 10 days in a row. The challenge is run by the Run the Edge group (the same group that does the Run the Year challenge) and they make a donation to the American Society for Deaf Children for each registration. The basic registration is only $10 and each day that you complete your 5K you are eligible to be in a drawing for $5,000.

HUG A RUNNER?

No.

I saw someone with a "Free hugs" sign in Chicago. I might have stopped, but wasn't that bad off. Some races, though...

And someone was holding a sign saying they would pause my Garmin if I went down. Um, no thanks... the race clock is still running. Now if I am going to DNF and get transported, then (and only then) is it ok to stop my Garmin during a race. I would much rather they wake me up so I can finish the race.

Which reminds me - there's been a video doing the rounds of a guy in I think a 15000 metre race who has completely zonked out and is being pretty much carried the last 100 yards by another competitor. They make it to the end and the MOST IMPORTANT THING for both of them seems to be stopping their watches. I mean, seriously, why? They are not going to be PBing for sure....
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    That looks fabulous! Good luck @7lenny7!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Carb loading on Sioux Falls.
    n0ca063scwjc.jpg

Go get 'em!!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Carb loading on Sioux Falls.
    n0ca063scwjc.jpg

Will your puppy be joining you on this one?
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I'm still in recovery mode, no running. But I went to the gym for a mace-training class and my hybrid circuit training this morning and now I'm sorer than I was. Squats and lunges killed me.

MACE Training?
    aiy60onpteyp.png

You guys might be nerds but that's what it is! No spikes on this one, it's a smooth round ball at the end. We don't get to swing it at anyone but it's pretty cool to think about it learning to "fight" with a medieval weapon.

2v41p0hm5gem.png

There are different weights but I'm using a 10-lb one, which seems WAY heavier because of the offset of the weight. My trainer has up to a 25-lb one and it's intense.

Way cool.