November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    ...but no sign of water bottle :(

I hate that! There isn't a lost-and-found nearby is there? I lost my driver's license on a run the other day and it was returned to the nearby university library...and they got it back to me.

Someone knows where it is, I hope

I ran 13 miles... some of it on roads, some on trial, some by a river... could be anywhere and I will not be out that way again till Wednesday, and thanks to DST it will be dark then. :( I will re-run the route though and see if I get lucky.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the PR @Teresa502 - sounds like a great race.

If I am attempting 15k next weekend should I consider taking some form of fuel with me?

For a 15km race, I wouldn't bother, however, it could be helpful to have a sugar hit around 10k to help you get to the finish line if you're starting to flag. That being said, they say nothing new on race day - gels are notorious for causing upset tummies. But if you're used to having something to snack on mid run, then go for it. Something inoffensive like jellybeans or dates could give you the boost you need without giving you a stomachache. You'll find the race probably has electrolyte drinks at the water stops which may be enough.

For me, if I eat carbs before starting, 10k without fuel is fine and 15k easy is fine but 15k at race pace would require something like a gummy (at around 10k as @ContraryMaryMary suggested) to keep me feeling my best. Different people are different though. What have you been doing in training?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,095 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Great race report. Your races always seem really interesting. So different from what I typically run

@Teresa5022 That race sounds very cool! Congrats on the course PR!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Almost running related:
    I kicked the Nerf soccer ball in the yard for the snake charmer.

@Elise4270 I have no idea what this means but comments like this are why I love you!

Haha! Watch the video. My cat got snake bit twice. I don’t know if you were around or on hiatus. He’s also Mr Butterfly, because he love to eat them.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Quick question I found running 10k has caused me to have a skin tag any suggestions for stoppign this from happening?
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @durhammfp You'll contribute more than you know. This group loves questions. You have any? Maybe gear, shoes, favorite ghosts, ideal distance, screw shoes...food... anything?

Almost running related:
    I kicked the Nerf soccer ball in the yard for the snake charmer.

Bahahaha! Love these comments.
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Teresa502 sounds like a beautiful race to take part in! Bears and ponies are great to see in the wild, and closing the road off to traffic is very cool. Wish we had races like that here. Congrats on the pr as well!

@PastorVincent Oh I believe you about the lubricant! I know my boyfriend would as well, he's just a little immature! I hope you find your bottle, very annoying.

@durhammfp me too! But I just post when I can and learn so much from everyone else, so it's worth it for me. Good luck in your race!

I have a question which I'd love a few experts to weigh in on. I really want a gps watch as I don't like running with my phone, and my phone will measure the same route as up to 300m different on different days, so I really don't trust it. However, I think most gps watches are really ugly. I don't want a square one, and my wrist is small, so I need a relatively small one. I think I will wear it most of the time, as otherwise I will forget it, so I need to like how it looks, which means I want it to look like a traditional analogue watch except when I'm running. I really like the withings watches, but they aren't gps, only HR, with gps through your phone, so useless for me. I m tempted by the new garmin vivoactive 4s, which I think you've got, @avidkeo? Any feedback on it? Anyone else got something they could recommend? I know I'm being super picky!