AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT, 11/5/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Have a good session with HoPr
    4. Eat what I made for dinner
    5. Empty/refill/and run the dishwasher
    6. Have a good night with Matt

Omg a dishwasher!!!! Are you in heaven?! Im so happy for you!!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,247 Member
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5

Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6
    October : 183

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan

5'11"

SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)

5'11"

GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • mytime6630
    So there's a huge bucket of candy sitting in the break room of the clinic. It's staring at me. But I have my back turned to it. If it wasn't for the cup of coffee I had on my way to work I would probably be partaking. The coffee filled me up so I'm not hungry. But this is an excellent lesson in self control and discipline.

I CAN DO THIS!

NO NO -- Don't eat it!!! You will be happy afterwards, and that yummy taste only lasts a few seconds!
  • mytime6630
    Hiya ladies!

In a moment of weakness the day after Halloween I bought a bag of half-off 100 piece chocolate candy as well as a burger and fries, and super sugary beer. D

Today was a good start though. I went to the gym and I ate at home. I had a poached egg and 2 cups of coffee for breakfast and a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch. And like I said, dinner is cooking. So hopefully my meals are done for the day and I won't be tempted to snack on anything else afterward. To be honest, though, we don't really have any snacky foods, to begin with. Lol

Okay! Look at that novel I just wrote...sorry if that bugged you. You can just ignore it. Lol

So proud of you ... look how quickly you got right back on track!! WTG Girl!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    @mytime6630 Thank you! I ignored the candy! I turned my back to it and kept it across the room for the 20 minutes I was in the break room before my client arrived. Then 10 minutes before she was due I sat in the waiting room. Lol. By the time it was time for me to go home I had completely forgotten about it. I was so ready to go home and eat dinner that I just passed it right on by, grabbed my stuff, and was out the door. But now that I am home I'm craving some chocolate. But I have absolutely no intention of going out again. I'm in my pj's and everything. Lol

@AJB1014 I am SO in heaven right now! This dishwasher has been a godsend! I still have to wash a few things by hand but the fact that I get to put 90% in this machine and just hit a few buttons makes me want to cry with happiness!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    My weight is up today... mainly because of all the orange juice I am drinking.

Then... hubby tells me NOT to lose anymore weight! How great is that!! I have lost 27# since the first of the year, and wanted to lose just 3# more to be out of the overweight range, but I may stop at that. The hard part ... maintaining it, especially this time of year.

But today was a NSV for me. You guys know last week I bought Halloween candy because it was 50% off ... after eating an entire bag, I gave the other bag away. For the $3.00 I spent, just not worth it.

Well today, TWICE, in 2 different stores, I passed by halloween candy. 70% OFF!!!!!! And it was the good kind ... chocolate candy bars, M&Ms, all my favorite. I walked right past it in the first store, because all I was doing was picking up a prescription. But in the grocery store ... again ... right in the checkout aisle.

SO I got myself a container of ct-up cantalope, and escaped without putting any in my cart!!!

Now... to keep doing well while we are visiting my son this weekend! And make it through this season, which for me, is always when I gain ..

AWESOME JOB! I'm so so so proud of you for ignoring the candy! I have found that cantaloupe tastes as good as candy. It's super sweet. I think I need to pick up some cantaloupe now. Lol. And I'm so happy that your hubby has given you the stamp of approval. Lol. Now you don't have to stress so much about the ultimate goal weight because you can be happy right where you are. I mean you shouldn't necessarily base your whole body image off of what your husband says, but as long as you are healthy I bet it feels nice to know that he thinks you're perfect. Ya know? Does that make any sense? Lol. I don't mean for that to sound sexist or anything...
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,147 Member
    Mmmm cantaloupe! I'm gonna need to buy one tomorrow in food shop!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,816 Member
    edited November 2019
    Halloween over-indulgence in chocolate 🍫 and complacency are having a detrimental effect on my scale progress. Being much more sensible, so hoping for a better results.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    05/11: CW: 152.8 - 3.2 Still in the wrong direction!!! I need to get back on track!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation;; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Tues 05 Nov
    Goals: 💡💡💡 I need to be more mindful of what I'm eating.
    Activities:
    • 👍🏻 10.30am: Patchwork Group
    • 👍🏻 1.30pm: Lunch with friend/helping her with PP presentation 👩‍🎨
    JFT: Wed 06 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities
    • 9.30am: Train to Belfast for visit to Tropical Ravine in Botanic Gardens
    • 2pm: Grocery Shopping
    • 7pm: Crochet group

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov

Days Under: ✅✅
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,916 Member
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 188.8
    Loss - 2.4

JFT - Monday Nov 4
    2L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday Nov 5
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude Journal

I am so late posting goals today. I want to do it to keep myself accountable and build those habits again though. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror today and I’m very unhappy with myself. Only I can change it though so I need to really figure out how to buckle down and do it.

The Grands were out tonight for supper. We watched last weeks episode of Dancing with the Stars. Michaela had me dancing through a lot of it. I need her to visit more often.

I’m going to try to read and catch up a bit while waiting for Mayans to come on, Rodger is beside me watching Forged in Fire.
  • Snowflake1968
    @Faebert - it’s good to see you posting again. I like how you are finding your balance. I need to find my determination.

@bookmeister86 - good luck with the applications.

@TerriRichardson112 - isn’t it terrible how a little indulgence or slacking for a few days affects the scale so easily. I swear we could not eat for three days and still not see a loss though.

@pridesabtch - it’s so nice to see you had a good day yesterday. I agree the cocktails of meds probably did have a sluggish effect. My daughter complained about one of the ones she was on making her feel sluggish too.

@HEGoddard0928 - My husband loses weight like that too. All he had to do is get moving and he loses. I really need to get more active and get my eating under control. I don’t know what is wrong with me but I want all the comfort foods that is not the best for me. How happy are you to have a dishwasher?

@mytime6630 - I drink lots of orange juice when I have a cold or am sick too. I honestly think it’s worth the calories. Good for you for getting rid of the candy and passing by more.

@cschmitz110515 - I am struggling with evening snacking when I should be just going to bed too. Last night my best friend was up late so I talked to her instead of snacking. It seemed to help to keep busy.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    A mixed day yesterday. I was doing well, but then we had an interview for my direct report's replacement which was a bit of a car crash and it got to me a little bit. I'm not quite sure why it got to me. She just really struggled to sell herself and it was sad because she was really nice. Perhaps it reminded me of my own recent struggles with interviews!

Then I had to look at more CVs because we have no more candidates lined up and they were all unimpressive. It was frustrating. So frustrating that I ate a load of biscuits that were sitting near me. I was about to descend into a full on binge - I did text the boyfriend suggesting we go out for burgers - then I decided to stop there and pull it back. We didn't go for burgers, and I stayed within maintenance calories. Yay!

This morning I'm feeling a bit blue, not sure why. It may be because all the work I have to do is dull and I feel utterly unmotivated. It may also be delayed reaction from the weekend where I spent most of it doing job applications and didn't really have much fun. Things seem terribly hard work sometimes. I have not done my workout DVD this morning because I just didn't feel like jumping out of bed and doing something productive immediately. The hamster wheel gets tiring!

Anyway. I'm going to allow myself 15 minutes more of being lazy/ feeling sorry for myself, then I will get up and get on with things!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green >:)
    - 3 bottles water :)

- No eating whilst standing :)
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! :|
    - Stay positive :/

- 45+ minute lunch break :)
    - Finish work by 6.30pm >:)
    - Do 1+ thing in French >:)
    - Job prep :neutral:
    - Do health forms :smile:
    - Do finances >:)
    - Speak to neighbour about leak :smile:
    - Gratitude journal >:)
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 3 bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Finish work at 6.15pm
    - Do 1+ thing in French
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hi all!

Thank you for the warm welcome back. *hugs and love to all* It is incredibly inspiring to see so many of the same people still on here posting regularly-you all rock! I really appreciate all the fantastic advice. I think one of my goals will be to log and post on here at least 3 times a week. I think daily is going to be too much for now. @Bex953172 I am taking your suggestion of an easy goal and a hard goal. My easy goal will be water intake. It is what started off my fitness path last time, and something I do pretty naturally so I don't see it being too hard to add this back in. My hard goal will be my nemesis-going to bed on time dun Dun DUN! I have the hardest time with this, and time management in general.

@bookmeister86 you really hit the nail on the head. I didn't think I had much I was emotionally struggling with, but when I read your post I started crying. I am so bogged down at work that I have nothing left when I get home. Cue the emotional eating and zoning out in front of the TV or my phone. I am missing the living part of life, and feel like I'm just going through the motions. I am not sure how to fix this yet, but I appreciate the wake up call you gave me.

@pridesabtch Thank you for your compassion and understanding. It helps

How are you doing @jeschepp? It's been a while. Hope you are ok.

I know how much work can grind you down. I have had much of this myself! I've recently gained seven pounds or so because of work stress. My work environment got really toxic and I got into a bad habit of binging to respond to it. But I'm starting to pull it back, and so can you! Little steps at a time will help you back up.

Look forward to seeing you back soon. Take care of yourself x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,147 Member
    Eugh didn't do well yesterday either. My goals aren't even hard! Drink water and walk dog? Although I guess me and ash have just been busy and tired. Very tired.
    Although I was probably under my calories yesterday.
    I only ate 1 pieces of bread folded in half with cheese. Shop bought lasagne with 2 pieces of garlic bread.
    2 cups of tea and 4 biscuits.
    That's it. Lol
    Then included the walk to school and cleaning up after tea.

But still, 2 waters is appalling.
    Maybe 8 is too overwhelming, so gonna knock it down to 4-6 and see if I can achieve that.

Commence Operation REDCUP.

So JFT Weds
    - 4 to 6 waters
    - Walk dog!!! Just gotta get up and GO don't think about doing it.. just do it!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,816 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Snowflake1968 It's a fact of life we have to deal with 😂 I think it's the old self rebelling rebelling 😂 The problem is that it takes so long to get rid of all the c**p. I guess this is just maintenance. It's why it has to be a lifetime commitment. If we go back to our previous food choices we get the same result we had before, and the weight piles back on quicker than it came off.

This is not an easy road we have chosen. Old habits lurk in wait for the faint-hearted. But we are strong, and resourceful, and the rewards are worth the effort. You are worth the effort.
    bm1qjxnh71gn.jpg

6ft3vhpsxh7m.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Hello! Yesterday went pretty well except I worked a little late again and didn't get to walk the dogs. I have to do it today!

@AJB1014 I'm so glad that helped! I was having some cravings yesterday and it helped me too

Yesterday 11/5:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. Do dishes😁
    4. Walk dogs😔

JFT 11/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do dishes
    4. Walk dogs
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member
    JFT Tuesday 5th November

Back exercises, 2 sets think I only did one
    Neck exercises yes
    Gratitude yes
    Do not buy chocolate none bought, so none in house. Had a really stressful meeting in the hospital with parents and social worker, came home and immediately ate a plate of trifle. Seems I need to empty the house of ALL goodies!
    Walk an hour in the country, not very fast though, more pleasure than exercise
    Sort paperwork no
    Check car insurance, runs out tomorrow! no

JFT Wednesday 6th November

Back exercises, 2 sets
    Neck exercises
    Gratitude
    Do not buy chocolate
    Sort paperwork
    Check car insurance, runs out today!
    Gardening
    Physio

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 6/11 179 -2lbs
  • Snowflake1968
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 189.0
    Loss - 2.2

JFT - Tuesday Nov 5
    2L of water - 🤨 only 1.5 I think
    Log all food - 👿
    15 minutes of exercise - 🤔 I think about 10 minutes dancing with Michaela. Does lifting her to twirl count as weight training? She weighs close to 45 lbs. she also thinks she’s Baby from Dirty Dancing and will run and fly at you, you’re supposed to catch her. She’s never seen the movie so I don’t know where she gets it from!
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday Nov 6
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude journal

I am learning more and more at work and have taken over more responsibilities. I just love my job. It’s rewarding and challenging all at the same time. I have been a manager since 2005 and this is my first time since I started working in Alberta in 1997 that I haven’t had to supervise anyone. I have to say that I’m quite enjoying it.

@bookmeister86 - I hope you have a better day today. With the lady that seemed to have a bad interview, is it possible to bring her in for a second one to see if she is more at ease? I have done that with a couple people that worked for me that I felt was quite shy. They turned out to be really great employees who just needed that little bit of belief in them.

@TerriRichardson112 - thank you, I really need to start doing the positive thinking.

@littleblackskirt - hugs to you, if you are talking to a social worker does that mean your parents will be going into assisted living?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites and substitute plans. Update websites to match plans.
    3. Class 1: Malala ch 12-18.
    4. Class 2-3: Challenge book or classwork. Reflection due THURSDAY.
    5. Workshop - take books and students essays. Grade 10 projects.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run? Dinner: Meat loaf. Work on open enrollment. Take recycling?
    8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads. Prep celery. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:30.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. MEETING THURSDAY AM. Revise Laws essay and read to group. Group checks for clear main idea,

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. *sigh* There's Halloween candy at the meeting and I love Skittles :(