What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    SUPERSET LEGS/BACK
    do first exercise, immediately do exercise 2, then 1 min rest, that's one set

SUPERSET 4 sets
    8 K.t.G dumbell squats (knuckles to the ground- it's like *kitten* to grass only with dumbbells)
    follow immediately by
    6 pullups

SUPERSET 4 sets
    Dumbbell split squats 8 each leg,
    Follow immed with
    Single side cable lat pulls 8 each lat

SUPERSET 4 sets
    10 Romanian DL,
    Follow immed
    8 chest supported dumbbell rows
    Follow immed
    10 dumbbell bicep curl
    Follow immed
    35 crunch with feet on bench

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have a "waterfall" timed test coming up this month on the rower that was kind of intimidating me. Waterfalls are timed tests that start with the longest distance first, then gradually taper down. Just enough to make you feel like you're not dying. This month it's something like 1000m, 3' (3 minutes rest), 750m (2:30 rest), 500m (2:00 rest) then 250m (1:30 rest) and then 100m (so similar to this, I'm not sure exactly till I do it).

Instead of doing it today, I did a longer version. Half or rowing is mental, so the thought process is, if you can do something twice as hard, the real TT won't intimidate you. Or at least that's what the plan was today.

Did 3500m @ 2:04/22 SPM, 3 minutes rest, then 1225 @ 2:05, 2 rest then 1000m @ 2:04 (rest), then 750m @ 1:56, then 250m @ 1:47 pace. Last one was supposed to be 500m then a 250 but I was dead.

Finished with a 1250m C/D @ 2:12 or so. So the real test is like 2100m hard and today's was 6250m hard, so it's not looking that scary any longer.

@ Aoyoke/Ann (or anyone else interested) -- the Indoor virtual rowing groups are more about participation rather than competition. More about comradere in doing the monthly workouts (two of them). One is the CTC -- clubs against each other. You get points for each virtual boat "floated" - in order to float one boat you need five people. Of those five, only 3 can be male HWTs, the other two must be one female and one lightweight. Because of this rule, we many times are lightweights and females short of "floating boats", each one worth points, no matter what the times are. You do get more points for top boats, but trust me, I'm not even within biting their dust distance on the top boats and I still have fun with it. No one's kicked me out. We have everything from beginners to those that just like to do meters for fun. The other competition is the ITC, that's inner club for bragging rights. Again, I'm regularly near the bottom of that group too. They actually just like that I participate. Mostly it's just people that enjoy indoor/outdoor rowing or both. You learn a lot from some of them. For instance, one lady is the LWT female WR holder for over 60 years old. She was just sharing how she's trying to move her DF on rows from 140 (yes, 140!) down to 115 per her coach and she feels like she's pulling air! Just were talking about that same thing on here last week. No matter the level, seems there's similar issues and concepts.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Easy 2 mile run
    30 minutes of Pilates
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Thursday.

1hr personal training session, proper leg burner on the stairs. I've been proper on it this week, really focused and able to take everything she's thrown at me. Today though, was hard.

Leg day
    I do love leg day, although I've now named it "no pain no gain leg day". Kept my routine the same as the last few weeks but added 1 more rep per set.

Deep barbell squats
    8@20/22.5/25/27.5/30/32.5/35/37.5kg/40kg

Deadlifts
    3x13@40kg

Superset 1 barbell 13@10kg no rest between sets
    Straight leg deadlifts
    Sumo squats
    Lunges (each leg)

3x1min wall squats

Superset 2 13reps no rest between sides/sets
    Donkey kick
    Fire hydrants
    Leg extensions

Superset 3 13reps no rest between sides/sets, 13 glute bridges between sides
    Hip circle
    Leg raise
    Reverse hip circle
    Clams

3x13 curtsey squat to leg raise

3x13 single leg deadlifts to knee raise

Single leg push down level 10, 3x13 no rest between legs/sets

3x13 Standing calf raise 30kg, stretch calves between sets

I also practised my assisted chin up with the band. Could only manage one rep at a time and couldnt get my chin quite above the bar, but I videoed it and my PT was happy with my progress.

1.5mile treadmill run, progressive incline to finish the legs off.

10min deep stretch.

1hr tabata + abs class

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Spin class, 61% Z3, 7% Z4. OHP, bench, hip thrust, low weight, high-ish rep (gradually progressing total volume); dead hangs, modified push-ups. Still trying to figure out what I want to do this Winter, and how to make it a habit. :grimace:
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    45 mins Ballet Barre Fit.

Including:
    The Arm Workout From Hell (the instructor has promised us we’ll never have to do that one again. I’ll actually miss it)
    Squatting In Fourth Position (well, a wide fourth position, but still)
    Pirouetting in Slow Motion (and falling over in fast)
    Jumping Around Like Madwomen
    The Tour de France of Bicycle Crunches.

This time, not wearing a dinosaur onesie. It didn’t help as much as you might assume.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Isometric stuff for my shoulder rehab
    A 30 minutes leg video from youtube. I had to modify a few things and eliminate any arms they used but it felt awesome to work out
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    60 minutes foam roller/stretching + isometric exercises
    60 minutes surfing
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    I started a new program, Stronger by the Day, so my workout today was a little more complicated than my usual StrongLifts routine. BUT, I am already feeling sorer and more spent than I have from a strength workout in a while. Here's what I did, took approximately 65 minutes (copy + pasted from the app):

Warm up (I only did half the warm up -- there were four circuits and I knew if I did the whole thing I'd be there all day):
    1 5 min cardio (elliptical)
    2A Scap Push-Ups 2×62B Inch Worms 2×8
    Perform 6 reps of Scap Push-Ups, then perform 8 reps of Inch Worms. Once you’ve completed your 8 reps of Inch Worms, rest, and then repeat the circuit. Complete 2 total rounds of this circuit.

Main lifts:
    1 Deficit KB Stiff Leg DL 3×12 @ RPE 7-8
    Rest 1-3 mins

Perform 3 sets of 12 reps using a fairly hard weight. At the end of your set you should feel challenged, but should be able to complete all reps before reaching failure. Aim to use the same weight as last week if possible, otherwise aim to leave ~2-3 reps left in the tank at the end of your set.

2A DB Walking Lunges 2×12/side2B Band Abducted Goblet Squat 2×20
    Rest 1-2 mins between rounds

Perform superset back to back, then rest between rounds.

3 Squat 4×3, then 1×3+ @ 82.5%
    Rest 2-4 minutes

Using 82.5% of your Training Max, perform 4 sets of 3 reps, followed by 1 set of As Many Reps As Possible (aiming for 3+).

If you are unable to perform 3 reps with consistent form, drop your Training Max by 5-10lbs next week. If you complete >7 reps, increase your Training Max by 5-10lbs next week. If you hit 3-7 reps, stick with the same Training Max next week.

4A Bulgarian Split Squat 3×15/side4B Inverted Rows 3×94C Suitcase Walk 3x45sec /side
    Rest 1-2 mins between rounds

Perform giant set as a circuit, going from movement to movement without stopping, then rest between rounds.
  • ymike7500
    ymike7500 Posts: 41 Member
    P90X3 Eccentric Upper, 21 day fix 10 min Abs and 20 min on the elliptical
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday.

30min personal training, hills and upper body, yay, just what I needed after leg day yesterday.

Legs, bums and tums- ok my legs are no starting feel put upon and picked on. Someone is enjoying that look of pain on my face far too much.

Pull up work. - continuing in my quest of pull ups. Started with some lightish weight lat pull down variations to wake the muscles up and then moved on to the assisted pull up machine, for pull ups, chin ups and dips. Then tested where I actually am right now with chin ups, failed at level 14/17.

20min incline walk on treadmill, increasing incline by 1 level every minute and speed by 0.1km/hr every 0.25km.

I will almost definitely be doing a piyo workout at some point before bed.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Thur 11/7/19 workout: Full body weight training, 35 min spin bike. (yeah, I'm late) :)

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I went bouldering yesterday for 100 minutes.

I've been quite frequently this week, so I took it relatively easy. I still built up to attempting a new v4/v5 - after many gos at it, I gave up. I got to the penultimate hold, but couldn't contort my body to the right position at the top. I am reasonably confident I'll get it next time I'm at this gym.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Day 0008:

Stretching
    10:00

Elliptical
    07:00 - 0.77 Miles

Perfect Squat Machine
    3 x 15 - 2(45lbs) + 2(10lbs)

Leg Press
    3 x 15 Reps - 4(45lbs) + 2(10lbs) + M(167lbs)

Glute Press
    3 x 15 Reps - Each Side - 130lbs

Standing Calf Lifts
    3 x 15 Reps - 2(45lbs)

Leg Curl
    3 x 15 Reps - 110lbs

Hanging Leg Raise
    3 x 15 Reps

Vertical Leg Raise
    1 x 10 Reps

Abdominal Machine
    3 x15 Reps - 60lbs

Leg Extensions
    3 x 15 Reps - 130lbs

Smith Machine Deadlifts
    3 x 15 Reps - 2(45lbs) + 2(10lbs)

Stair Machine
    03:30

Going to enjoy a weekend off.
    Good luck to eveyone else on their goals today!
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    55 minutes on spin bike. Kind of easy but aerobic effort watching first episode of season 2 of the Jack Ryan series. Kind of a recovery ride.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Leg day
    Deadlifts - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Barbell squats - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Leg extension machine - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Hamstring curl machine - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Calf raises on Hack squat machine - 4-8 reps, 3 sets
    Abs
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Shoulder rehab
    30 minutes leg and cardio video
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Shoulder rehab
    30 minutes leg and cardio video

Any crazy looks from neighbors today?
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Weights workout in the morning Walk to and from work (plus a nice walk around the factory area, which is big) and a 5k run 24K steps in total
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    55 min elliptical

40 min weight circuits including:
    Kettlebell swings
    Weighted step ups
    Stability ball hip bridges
    Incline chest press
    Shoulder raises
    Mountain climbers
    Weighted wall sits
    Ball crunches