November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    adampeart wrote: »
    q4371qn8jmt5.jpeg

I tried going for a run. English weather decided it didn’t want me to! Slipping every other step just warming up never mind running!! Think I need some of those spike things 😂

If you have a worn out pair of running shoes and some hex screws, you can make screw shoes!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    So this morning was mid20s F - I don't remember exact temp and wind chill now - and I ran 2 miles and walked 1 as warm up/ cool down. Does anyone else still sweat ridiculously in below freezing temps? I think a quarter mile in to my run my face and hands broke out in sweat. quote]

I sweat no matter the temperatures! When it’s freezing my hair actually freezes and then it’s soaking wet when I start to get warm. Hope your toe is not giving you any problems today!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Came home and showed the training record to my coach. I think he might be on the same thing @PastorVincent suspects of his coach because he said something about sub60 for my 10km race next weekend. Man I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

They need to share this stuff.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    11-1 7k slow
    11-2 7k slow
    11-3 8k for @MobyCarp
    11-4 7k easy
    11-5 yoga
    11-6 7k slow
    11-7 7k easy/yoga
    11-8 rest
    11-9 7k easy

November Total: 50k
    November Goal: 135k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k
    July Total: 151k
    August Total: 133k
    September Total: 135k
    October Total: 115k

2019 Total through October: 1,423k / 882.26m

Monthly average: 142.3k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races. Completed 8-31
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k. Nope...
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen - Completed 9-28

Cloudy, 28 degrees F, with a light breeze out of the southeast. Cols enough for whisker water, but not cold enough for an ice beard. Had some minor left hamstring twinges up high near the glute, but nothing major.
    Some snow and ice on the wooden bridges, but footing was not an issue -- yet.

@PastorVincent We'll do our best to encourage you!!!

2020 goals:

Continue a 5k regimen.
    Train better.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K - 31:11 chip time; 95/141 overall; 4/6 age group (male)
    8-31 Race for Freedom 5k - 31:39 chip time; 32:00 Garmin time; Third Place male 60 and older
    10-13 Haunted Hustle 5k - 31:22 chip time; 47/74 overall; First Place male 60 and older
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kirstymn wrote: »
    Today was a great run. I stuck to my fuel plan of 2 x GU - one at 8-9km and another at 18-19km and a sipped powerade and water throughout. I managed a very consistent pace and had enough left at the end to go for a fast finish. It just goes to show how well I can run if I fuel properly, have good weather and am feeling healthy overall. I also think the fact that I've reined in the junk food that I went nuts on last week and gone back to my regular, mostly healthy eating is helpful. I've got my biggest mileage week coming up next week, so hopefully I can carry this good running through!

Well done! Learning to run with only what you can carry on you is a huge help in races (not to mention training!). Walking the water station is a good plan for some, but depending on whatever they have for fule/water is almost never wise. The stops might not (probably will not) happen when you need to fuel/water and you have no control over quantity or quality.

Besides you can still walk the water stations if you need to, even if you do not partake in their fare.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    @shanaber Yup. It's cold here too...23°F today and supposed to have record lows on Tuesday. I think it's hilarious that you asked the man to hose you down.

Was in the teens when I got up here, but no run today. Me and my truck (and teenage son of course) will be helping someone move today. I think that counts as cross-training! :D
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Not the best day to have signed up for a race. I must remember it is for those who gave so much so we have our lives today.
    ydwga4acwavt.jpg
    xwq8l1bakkc9.jpg

Love that saying!