If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @pancakerunner -- this one is definitely more challenging.... Looks like a white pie or olive oil. I think I see mushrooms, but can't tell if they are wild mushrooms or just Agaricus bisporus. Looks a lot like chanterelle or at least shiitake. Doesn't just look like A. bisporus.

Is that shredded chicken? Definitely rosemary. Maybe caramelized onions. Could be some kind of rosemary chicken special. And looks like a really delicious crust. Bonus on the shop for getting the cheese all the way past any sauce so it seals to the edge of the crust and doesn't come apart when cut. Me want!

One of my favorites, and if I hadn't just eaten a bunch of roasted root vegetables I would have stopped for a slice on my walk, is roasted red potato, caramelized onion, and bacon. Stuffed baked potato pie. Oh yeah. I even walked long enough that I could afford the calories, so for THIS thread... I would have had to order at least two slices.

Walked by another place I've been meaning to try. They had a menu in the window. When I saw they had shrimp and grits priced at $26, I decided I probably won't ever stop in there.

Tonight MIGHT be pork taco from the local taco shop near my local tavern. Mmmmm.

@mtaratoot good guess! Correct answer: Oyster Mushroom, Smoked Mozzarella, Rosemary & Garlic.

DROOL!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Pleurotus -- of course! That totally makes sense.

I just let myself go to town on some tasty comfort foods from a couple hot bars. Yep. Two stops at two groceries for different purchases. I had to sample their hot food because... well, it's Sunday and it just looked good. I usually shop Mondays, but I have to work tomorrow at the aquarium.

So what did I have?

Small portions of each taste, of course, but.... parmesan crusted wings, classic roasted turkey, beef stroganoff, roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberries and walnuts, herb crusted chicken, spinach lasagna, tuna noodle casserole, beet-walnut salad, sesame tempeh, and spinach polenta. No pictures because all that's left is an empty box. And a full belly :wink:
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    @pancakerunner -- this one is definitely more challenging.... Looks like a white pie or olive oil. I think I see mushrooms, but can't tell if they are wild mushrooms or just Agaricus bisporus. Looks a lot like chanterelle or at least shiitake. Doesn't just look like A. bisporus.

Is that shredded chicken? Definitely rosemary. Maybe caramelized onions. Could be some kind of rosemary chicken special. And looks like a really delicious crust. Bonus on the shop for getting the cheese all the way past any sauce so it seals to the edge of the crust and doesn't come apart when cut. Me want!

One of my favorites, and if I hadn't just eaten a bunch of roasted root vegetables I would have stopped for a slice on my walk, is roasted red potato, caramelized onion, and bacon. Stuffed baked potato pie. Oh yeah. I even walked long enough that I could afford the calories, so for THIS thread... I would have had to order at least two slices.

Walked by another place I've been meaning to try. They had a menu in the window. When I saw they had shrimp and grits priced at $26, I decided I probably won't ever stop in there.

Tonight MIGHT be pork taco from the local taco shop near my local tavern. Mmmmm.

@mtaratoot good guess! Correct answer: Oyster Mushroom, Smoked Mozzarella, Rosemary & Garlic.

DROOL!!

Save me a slice of that one please. I don’t eat much pizza, but I’d definitely make an exception for this one!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Another slice of this.. Custard and cherry trifle cake.
    djlruxluo9c9.jpg

Looks sooooo good!
  • pancakerunner
    Options

I just let myself go to town on some tasty comfort foods from a couple hot bars. Yep. Two stops at two groceries for different purchases. I had to sample their hot food because... well, it's Sunday and it just looked good. I usually shop Mondays, but I have to work tomorrow at the aquarium.

So what did I have?

Small portions of each taste, of course, but.... parmesan crusted wings, classic roasted turkey, beef stroganoff, roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberries and walnuts, herb crusted chicken, spinach lasagna, tuna noodle casserole, beet-walnut salad, sesame tempeh, and spinach polenta. No pictures because all that's left is an empty box. And a full belly :wink:

and what did this cost?? ahha
  • pancakerunner
    Options

DROOL!!

Save me a slice of that one please. I don’t eat much pizza, but I’d definitely make an exception for this one!

one of my favorites... so unique because there is no sauce. So the flavors of the mushrooms and smoked mozzarella are really pronounced
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options

So what did I have?

and what did this cost?? ahha

I'll tell you what it cost when I get on the scale tomorrow. I'm hoping it's not too much :smile:

The smallest boxes hold two to three cups. I think both of the hot bars are $9 per pound. I bought other groceries at each store, and so I'm not really sure what I paid for my gluttonous vacation to comfort-food-land. Would I do it again? Probably. Small enough servings that I really didn't feel over full, which is good. I hate that.

• delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Goose fat roast potatoes. The absolute best bit of any roast dinner
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    I would not have one slice. I would have ALL the slices.

q9x4woemxdch.jpg

This is by far the best thing I have seen on this thread... Peanut butter and chocolate with peanut butter cups and actual peanuts on a cookie crumb base.....

OMG, heaven!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I would not have one slice. I would have ALL the slices.

q9x4woemxdch.jpg

This is by far the best thing I have seen on this thread... Peanut butter and chocolate with peanut butter cups and actual peanuts on a cookie crumb base.....

Why am i now just seeing this?? It looks so LUSH. and FRESH. The chocolate mousse... the crust! The whipped cream!
  • picklenees7538
    picklenees7538 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Creamy coconut shrimp with sweet and sour sauce on the side to dip 🤤
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    cjz06698aem9.jpg

i would eat this entire box

Toaster strudels are AMAZING made in the air fryer!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    So... I did a breadmaking course yesterday... and then had this lot sitting in my kitchen STILL WARM FROM THE OVEN...

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

Most of it made it into my freezer, or into work. But there were... casualties.

OMG yesss.... and with some real butter....
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    So... I did a breadmaking course yesterday... and then had this lot sitting in my kitchen STILL WARM FROM THE OVEN...

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

Most of it made it into my freezer, or into work. But there were... casualties.

OMG yesss.... and with some real butter....

Yep, I agree.. gotta have real butter 🤤