If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    So... I did a breadmaking course yesterday... and then had this lot sitting in my kitchen STILL WARM FROM THE OVEN...

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

Most of it made it into my freezer, or into work. But there were... casualties.

OMG yesss.... and with some real butter....

Yep, I agree.. gotta have real butter 🤤

...are you inspired to make some of your buns?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    So... I did a breadmaking course yesterday... and then had this lot sitting in my kitchen STILL WARM FROM THE OVEN...

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

My date scones?
    I don't tend to cook a lot in summer, BBQ and salads mostly, it's too hot for baking. The comfort foods I save for winter, hmmm 🤔 wonder if that is why I always end up with a little extra padding for winter? 😏
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lorenzo's, baby.
    jqqws1svk9c1.jpg
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

My date scones?
    I don't tend to cook a lot in summer, BBQ and salads mostly, it's too hot for baking. The comfort foods I save for winter, hmmm 🤔 wonder if that is why I always end up with a little extra padding for winter? 😏

Almost bought some scone yesterday.. one grocery store we went had them..
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

My date scones?

You'd be surprised at how easy they are to make yourself. I find bought ones a bit dry and usually not enough fruit (dates or sultanas)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

My date scones?

You'd be surprised at how easy they are to make yourself. I find bought ones a bit dry and usually not enough fruit (dates or sultanas)

yes! your date scones😛

Scones are one of my favorites, but I'm picky. I love them crunchy on the outside and flaky on the inside - blueberry/lemon are it for me...mind you one with dates (another absolute favorite) would most likely do it too!

I haven't 'let' myself have a scone...it's been years! What's up with that??
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

6tnj2odtj69f.jpg

My date scones?

yes! your date scones😛

Scones are one of my favorites, but I'm picky. I love them crunchy on the outside and flaky on the inside - blueberry/lemon are it for me...mind you one with dates (another absolute favorite) would most likely do it too!

I haven't 'let' myself have a scone...it's been years! What's up with that??

I spent a long time depriving myself of scones till I found out they freeze really well. So now I make a batch and freeze them, at 202 calories a scone it makes a nice little snack or light meal with a cup of tea.
    Blueberry/lemon sounds delicious. 🤤
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Warm, buttery, and flaky. With extra melty butter.
    g5op855t0o5z.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    xfp4vyh2p1ul.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    3sjdqcw88dr5.jpg
  • alexisfraser1340
    Options
    double stuff oreos and a belgian waffle
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    areen8jolk4w.png

procrastinating work today... so will be sharing my food dreams here

:o
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    ksgvq8bkdlvx.png
    A little dip in some artichoke/spinach dip would be just fine right now...

OKAY YUP
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    If you have ever been to Old Chicago... they have the BEST artichoke dip. It's just artichoke... not spinach/artichoke. Warm, creamy and with huge chunks of artichoke... so divine.

9vd3vtbrjk0s.png

(bad quality pic... but so good)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    If you have ever been to Old Chicago... they have the BEST artichoke dip. It's just artichoke... not spinach/artichoke. Warm, creamy and with huge chunks of artichoke... so divine.

9vd3vtbrjk0s.png

(bad quality pic... but so good)

Better
    e4uucs4epg4k.jpg
    Crab dip...😆