Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing today?

Slogging through the workday here. But there is hope - planning some woods therapy with my daughter and granddaughter tomorrow. Some hiking and playing, a campfire and Dutch oven lunch (and possibly s'mores) and a dip in the hot springs!
  • painternow
    painternow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    58 and looking go from 199 to 180 (5'10"). Started July 1st, goal is for November 15 th 180lbs. Then I'll evaluate from there.

Did house painting for many years, now I have arthritis in neck a d shoulders. Couch potato for past couple years, so starting out very slow. Walking about 5000 steps/ day, and a little weights, a little calisthenics.
    I live in pain now, which is a new thing. I plan to watch carefully, but work through it all.

Made my list of too reasons for health, and gkids fun is at the top.

Let's go!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    painternow wrote: »
    Hello All!
    58 and looking go from 199 to 180 (5'10"). Started July 1st, goal is for November 15 th 180lbs. Then I'll evaluate from there.

Did house painting for many years, now I have arthritis in neck a d shoulders. Couch potato for past couple years, so starting out very slow. Walking about 5000 steps/ day, and a little weights, a little calisthenics.
    I live in pain now, which is a new thing. I plan to watch carefully, but work through it all.

Made my list of too reasons for health, and gkids fun is at the top.

Let's go!

You can do it just make a plan and stick to it but remember you can always adapt you plan or exercises so they work for you.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

Slogging through the workday here. But there is hope - planning some woods therapy with my daughter and granddaughter tomorrow. Some hiking and playing, a campfire and Dutch oven lunch (and possibly s'mores) and a dip in the hot springs!

That sounds like a fun day. I love Dutch oven cooking on a campfire. Easy on the s'mores there brother. lol
  • alteredsteve175
    Options

That sounds like a fun day. I love Dutch oven cooking on a campfire. Easy on the s'mores there brother. lol

Did well on Saturday. Only one s'more. o:) We won't talk about what happened to the leftover Hershey bars later. >:) HAHA!

• poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    been logging on every day, that is the positive...had family all together this weekend and have been off work for a few days, more positives...just put mom in dementia care home & definitely struggling past few days. Sort of glad to get back to work and have some structure back.
  • annliz23
    Options
    poscur wrote: »
    been logging on every day, that is the positive...had family all together this weekend and have been off work for a few days, more positives...just put mom in dementia care home & definitely struggling past few days. Sort of glad to get back to work and have some structure back.

Try to stay positive my mum has been in a dementia care home for 6 years although it's hard it's the best place for her as she was a danger to herself, I visit when i can but she is quite a distance away, I have a photo album I have put together which I take so we can talk about the past as she didnt talk much a few years ago so it filled the silence.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Where are ya'll at with the goals?
    Just under 10 weeks till it's a new year and I've been kicking myself. I like to look at the success stories photos & then think, that could've been me.
  • annliz23
    Options
    On target just lost 2lb this week changed my exerises now doing weights, yoga, cardio, abs and rotating on different days and seems to be working.
  • echojuliet21
    echojuliet21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All, 58 year old joining the 2019 Party a bit late. I'm 5'7", 256 and will get down to 165. I started 2 weeks ago at 265 and am trending in the right direction, looking for support and camaraderie from like minded positive people
  • cory17
    Options
    Hi All, 58 year old joining the 2019 Party a bit late. I'm 5'7", 256 and will get down to 165. I started 2 weeks ago at 265 and am trending in the right direction, looking for support and camaraderie from like minded positive people

WAHOO - positive actions! What are you doing to avoid trigger foods?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    A few pounds have gone back on. Trying to increase my treadmill exercises again.
  • drac2you
    drac2you Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta

I may not have been active in here as much as I should have, BUT I managed to break a 2+ yr stall and start losing toward my goal weight again! Been able to lose about 20 lbs so far, my goal is to keep the trend going through 2020! Motivation & support have been key in my success, thank you!
  • armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just came across this thread, 58 here, 310#'s, goal is 225# and go from there.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    armyvet25 wrote: »
    Just came across this thread, 58 here, 310#'s, goal is 225# and go from there.

Welcome to the group. Wishing you every success on your journey.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hi all how are you all doing? This seems to have gone quiet are you all on track,?
    I on a bit of a yoyo but presevering hope your doing well with your goals!
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving all! Still looking to the goal. Needing to get motivated again( thinking resolution BEFORE January 1st.!)
  • cory17
    Options
    Crickets!
    Got my butt in gear this week and saw changes (finally). Not going to end this year in the same spot as I started.
    Anyone else still checking in here?
  • annliz23
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Crickets!
    Got my butt in gear this week and saw changes (finally). Not going to end this year in the same spot as I started.
    Anyone else still checking in here?

I am hoping to be less than last year
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    I am still bouncing around. Started the year at 205 - have been as low as 191 - aiming to finish the year under 195. And next year I will get rid of the last 10 pounds permanently.