WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Played hooky from church, got immersed in reading about grants (thanks Lisa!) for the FPD and lost track of time. Joe wanted to go to town so I puppysat, not a bad thing. Laundry, Samaritan's purse box, AF and even a walk with Joe and the dogs so a good day all in all.

Monday will puppysit while Joe goes to eye Dr. (and vacuum while he's out yuck), take Shadow to the vet to remove staples, make some time for Tumble, stop at Freddie's on the way back from the movies (Ford vs Ferrari) and abstain from alcohol.

Karen in VA “being heard is so healing” you are so right, and these gals are the very best listening healers.
    Machka when you fall asleep mid-Midsomer, you know something's off. Hope the rx clears out quickly.
    Welcome Kenna!
    Heather, I have a YouTube account, so uploaded the video to it and published it as “unlisted” instead of public. As to the voice, ah yes, rather a beery Shirley Temple, no? ;)
    KJ cannot imagine living in your climate with so few clothes. :noway:
    Tracey I only tell you about the calm responses when I remember to give them. You don't hear about the shrieks. ;)
    Janetr (((hugs))) and prayers for your nieces, Jack and you.
    Michele, sorry don't know how you could post videos without Youtube. Maybe a FaceBook link, but then wouldn't people have to log into Facebook to view?
    Marianne in WV sounds like a lovely day.
    Debby in VA lovely pics, but you can keep the snow, ok?
    Pip where did you get Yogi's raingear? We NEED that for Tumble, and Shadow when she's fully grown.
    Changeisnoww losing 1 lb/wk is exactly what my MD prescribed. IMHO I'd stop eating before I became uncomfortably full, even if it's veggies ;)
    Machka that password checking site, hmm. How did he capture the passwords in order to build the database? Kicking myself for checking my FB etc password, glad I didn't check the ones I use for financials. Thanks for the tip about searching board activity when receiving mfp friend requests. “...Friday face” snorting, laughing, choking on my water. Thanks!
    Kim didn't see much custom embroidery at our Community Christmas Bazaar, except for one vendor who had simply decorated dishtowels for $7 apiece. A blue whale, a green Christmas Tree with red ornaments, a lavender and blue seahorse. She sold out. Jewelry, art and quilted goods vendors didn't do as well as the baked goods and sweets folks. There was a line for Kettle corn ;)
    Rori "one big caveat" brave humor! Anger, tears and laughter, what a stew. (((((hugs)))))
    Julie skim when you can, we understand about work and life.

Gratitudes Nov 15 smell of clean, bleached whites while transferring from washer to dryer. Nov 16 tech: my Win 7 laptop. Dread migrating to something newer/supported. Nov 17 color blue skies after a gray rainy foggy couple of days.

Internet shopping, I always use a credit card because of its fraud protections. Stopped using PayPal when I realized I linked it to my checking account to periodically add funds to it. Felt it could be a gateway to disaster. Never use a debit card, no protections and baddies can wipe you out completely.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=4667 vits=15.5 log=17 CI<CO=15, CI<250<CO=7 Tumble=11 mfp=16 AF=12

that was Bullwinkle's. I tried it on yogi 2c if it fit and it did. it has a detachable head piece. FIDO WIND & RAIN GEAR - by Fido Fleece | Dog Rain Coats

makes a lot less to clean especially the underbelly of Goldens or any with long hair.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    2019 Monthly November
    Walking Distance (km): 42.8
    Walking Time (min): 523.8
    Cycling Distance (km): 30.2
    Cycling Time (min): 108.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Number: 50.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Time (min): 40.0
    Rowing Distance (km): 3.6
    Rowing Time (min): 23.0
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 90.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 76.6
    Total Distance (miles): 47.6
    Total Time (min): 784.8
    Total Time (hr): 13:04:45

I like to exercise at least 1 hour a day so I've got a lot of catching up to do!! Today, for the first time in a while, I got 100 minutes ... so that's a start!

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    CW 152.6
    SW 195
    Slowly coming off but it’s coming . Lowest yet was 152.

Mother in law y me trying to get JR to a dentist need that fluoride treatment y a check up been 6months. More shoe shopping for JR since he only has 1 pair well threw up last night on them. Told hubby Noooo not a pretzel 🥨!!! He hates salty!!! But before the sentence was finished hubby was covered in vomit the shoes too 🤮. Picky eater with a strong Gag Reflex . So new shoe for hubby y JR for Thanksgiving dinner with family. Hopefully pants that fit me.My old ones I gave Daughter too small still. My fat clothes too huge. Need some in between ones. Try to get JR for pancakes at McDonald’s with play area y Chuckie cheese games and f we got time. Bed time y car sickness looms so easily. Hoping the new car seat being less bent over more straight up helps his car sickness poof* .Will see soon enough if not today then the long long car ride to Thanksgiving. Lol I was a car sickness vomit kid too y diahreah every time now I see what my parents with through y already know babies views (from my own covered in vomit on a highway 🛣 Dad trying to pull over saying hang on Amber Daddy coooming!!!) .

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋😁
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my favorite classic rock songs, especially this time of year when the radio stations play other music instead.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Hi again Tere! Nice to see you. :D Well done on the new job.

Been nodding off all evening. ;)

Hair trim tomorrow morning.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I've been gone for a while but hope to be back more frequently. The last 2 years were pretty rough for me, mentally and financially after being laid off. I am happy to report that I did finally get a full time permanent position with the Commonwealth of Virginia. <3 I am also happy to report that I did actually fall off the wagon but got back on several times. Today I am actually 5 pounds lighter than I was in 2016! Life is good!

So happy to see you!!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD - I forgot to mention that I laughed out loud watching Shadow and Tumble playing. I'd say they are buddies. <3 Any guesses as to how much bigger Shadow will get? I am impressed that you outnumber us in the number of dog toys on your floor at any given moment, lol. But not by much!

Tere - welcome back! So happy for you with the new job, hooray! I've been wondering how you were doing, whether you got your gift shop up and running. :)

Heather - so glad the train ride worked out OK and things are OK with your DH's financial plan for his daughter.

I found a new mystery to watch on Britbox, by the way. Shakespeare and Hathaway. Fun to have a light-hearted series without a lot of drama and blood. I am kind of digging Lu Shakespeare's outfits too, lol.

Someone on here - Allie? Beth?Lisa? recommended Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea a while back. It was on sale today so I picked up a box. I am not a fan of Licorice, but the mixture of other spices in, with a slight sweetness, makes it a winner.

Katla - sending good thoughts to your DD and grandson (and you <3 ). Crossing fingers his illness isn't the harbinger of something worse and if it is, that it's very treatable. (((HUGS))).

Margaret - also hoping for the best for your older son. Medical treatment sounds like a good strategy. (((HUGS))))

Pip - adorable photo of Kirby and Yogi. Yogi looks perfectly content being being the one and only. ;)

OK ladies, have a great evening.

Lanette
    Rainy and cool SW WA State
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Feeling very tired tonight. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

☘️ Terri