WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I have decided to not buy gifts this year. My gift to my eldest son here is making and baking stuff. I have decided to create a yummy jar. In it are treats and baked items, each on a little folded piece of paper. Then I will let eldest son chose each week. That will keep treats to a manageable level.👍 We bought a plaid shirt with pants and fleece best from the co-op farm store here. Athena's daddy is a plaid shirt wearer, so this outfit will be more of a thing my son will put on, not so much my daughter in-law. Then buying gift cards to places both son and wife like. We sent a card to the youngest son but maybe a new year box. We have already sent 3 boxes to that kid with no acknowledgement so my husband said no more boxes!

Here's middle son in his plaid shirts.
    dncquugcjw06.jpg

Now my husband whined, "well I have my gifts you are going to get me all planned out"! I said you can get them! I just don't want anything but more stamps for my new pen pal addiction!💖

💖Rebecca

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    Saturday -- Passing showers and busy organising an event that will be run tomorrow. :) 

But I got in a bit of exercise. 

Zwift Cycling
    Distance: 12.64 km
    Elevation: 65 m
    Moving Time: 30:26
    Elapsed Time    30:26 
    Speed: Avg: 24.9km/h | Max: 45.0km/h
    Heart Rate: Avg: 134bpm | Max: 149bpm
    Cadence: Avg: 78 | Max: 103
    Power: Avg: 101W | Max: 165W

Rowing Machine
    Distance: 2,518m
    Moving Time: 16:24
    Elapsed Time:    16:24
    Speed: Avg: 3:15/500m | Max: 2:36/500m
    Cadence: Avg: 29 | Max: 31
    Power: Avg: 47W | Max: 63W

Treadmill Walk/Run
    Distance: 3.43km
    Moving Time: 34:18
    ​​​​​​​Elapsed Time: 34:18
    Pace: 9:59/km

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa <3 Thanks for checking in.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa))) Sometimes there are no words. Sending good thoughts your way. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    Last day of the month ...

cuskcvoyd5jv.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    2019 Monthly November
    Walking Distance (km): 86.0
    Walking Time (min): 1030.6
    Cycling Distance (km): 58.4
    Cycling Time (min): 199.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Number: 101.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Time (min): 80.8
    Rowing Distance (km): 11.0
    Rowing Time (min): 71.0
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 120.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 155.5
    Total Distance (miles): 96.6
    Total Time (min): 1501.4
    Total Time (hr): 25:01:21

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png
    Machka in Oz

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Day 5 - November 19 - Sound: How applicable! I just got my laptop connected to my stereo!! I am appreciating the nice soothing music in the evenings. :)

Day 6 - November 20 - Nature: All of it! I am very thankful that there is nature ... animals and plants, water, rocks, mountains, hills, all of it. I'm glad I live in a place where I can see and experience nature. I couldn't live in the middle of a large city. My ideal would be in a small town or right on the edge of a larger one so I could be surrounded by countryside in seconds.

Day 7 - November 21 - Memory: I'm thankful for memory. I'm thankful that my husband has some of his memory - he's pretty good at past memories and procedural memories. I'm glad he didn't lose that. I'm also thankful that, with a bit of effort, I've been able to improve my memory a bit. I've discovered that if I focus and work at it, I can remember people's names at least some of the time! I've had to be my husband's memory.

Day 8 - November 22 - Book: Most grateful ... the Bible. It's been a comfort to me, especially in recent times.

Also grateful for books in general.

The last 18 months I've switched to reading "children's" books. I've also found them comforting.

Day 9 - November 23 - Place: I'm thankful for my bed!! Although I'm not there nearly as much as I'd like to be, my bed has become one of my favourite places to be. There I can lose myself in books or sleep. :heart:

That said, I need to get a new pillow. Might have to see about doing that tomorrow if possible.

Day 10 - November 24 - Taste! Well, there are only 4 of them: salt, sweet, bitter, sour, and I've written them in order of preference. :)

I am thankful I have all 4 but I wish my husband did again.

Day 11 - November 25 - Holiday: How appropriate ... one month before Christmas. :) Christmas is my favourite public holiday. I'm love the music, the decorations, the food, the Christmas Carol evenings, the lights, and the celebration of Jesus birth. I'm thankful that we have a Christmas holiday.

As for holidays in general, I enjoy any opportunity to a) take time off work, and b) travel. I'm very thankful I live and work in Australia where I get quite a decent amount of holiday time. :)

Machka in Oz

Day 12 - November 26 - Texture: Smooth. Since the measles (?) in 2016, I need to wear very smooth clothes. I've been thankful to find such things at a good price.

And the soft texture of the fur of kitties. :)

Machka in Oz

Day 13 - November 27 - Abilities: I am very thankful for my organisational skills. I don't know how I would have survived with the past 20 months without them!!

Machka in Oz

Deep breath ...

Day 14 - November 28 - Sight: What sight am I grateful for?

The sight of all the roses and other flowers in our garden. :)
    The view from our dining room window out over the water. :)
    The beach my bus goes by morning and evening ... sometimes there is sea wildlife out there. I've seen dolphins, a stingray and a whale! :)
    The mountain behind the city. :)

Psalm 121
    A song of ascents.
    1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
    2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

Machka in Oz

Day 15 - November 29 - Season: Summer. I'm always thankful for summer! The warmth. The long daylight hours. I come alive in summer. :) One more day till summer!

Day 16 - November 30 - My Body: I'm thankful for my brain and my legs. My brain, because it often has to be a brain for two of us now and although it fails me now and then, I'm so glad things like my memory seem to have improved. And my legs because they are what carry me around and allow me to do things like cycling and running.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    My body - My mobility. It makes me very happy to be able to get around like a person 30 years younger. In fact I am fitter now than I was then. My legs, core and heart are strong.

Lisa - Thankyou so much for popping in. <3 No advice, just hugs. :love:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    No she no longer has a Facebook account
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Lisa~ thank you for checking in girlfriend... know that we love you and miss you and when all settles down we will always always be here for you xoxo
    Love ya honey!!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Went to T'ai Chi (BB&B campus was closed for holiday), out to breakfast with a friend, picked up stuff at Post Office, shopped a little at Freddie (crazy on Black Friday, got produce and got out), posted minutes/next meeting notice at the firehall, boxed up Joe's gift, stripped guest bed, washed linens, moved grow lights and heat mats into guest room, went to line dancing and stayed AF. Quite a long list of “to do's – done” for me... hmm … AF... could there be a connection? ;)
    Today I will comb Tumble, take her to dog group (unless it's blustery), finish the guest room/plant migration, prep veggies and abstain from alcohol.

KJ love 3 of your movie choices, unfamiliar with Serendipity so requested from library. Thanks!
    Machka your DH connecting with/thanking those involved in his survival/recovery must be so meaningful. His gratitude, and progress, are wonderful Christmas presents for him to give them. Hope you know how grateful he is to you, his advocate, caregiver, partner, love!
    Welcome Etboces from Orange County, New York!
    Janetr prayers continue for your niece, and for peace to your husband's grandson and family.
    Ellie in Albuquerque that green chili tortilla urkey soup sounds delish, would you share the recipe?
    Pip YAY Yogi!
    Rori that chili sounds delish and great use for leftover turkey bits. Was going to use it as an excuse to get the Ninja foodi instantpot/air fryer, when oops, saw that yes you can make it on the stove top. Oh well... ;}
    Katla Miracle is a novella by Connie Willis, not a movie. Check out your library, think you'd really enjoy it.
    Lisa in AR thank you so much for checking in. Sending nonverbal (((hugs))).
    Rebecca your sister's pup is the cutest. Oops no Athena is. And Squeeze Hugs are the best!
    LuciB your DH pointing out Hallmark Movie exercise opportunities made me laugh out loud. Don't think I'll give Joe any ideas...
    NYKaren that Amazon moving “Brittany runs a marathon” sounds good. Will add it to my “watch soon” list.

Gratitudes Day
    #16 My body: well last night I would have been hard pressed to respond positively or gratefully to this challenge. Have been catching glimpses (shudder) in the mirror, in the morning at T'ai Chi and last night at line dancing. Received my Land's End order in the post, and the first shirt I tried on nearly made me cry. Look so fat! Tried on another and it wasn't quite as bad so wore it to line dancing. Will try on the rest later today and return the ones I really really won't wear. SO time for a flip. I AM grateful for my legs, how they are improving with BB&B, and how I can use them for quality time walking with Joe and the pooches. Like Heather said, grateful for my mobility. As for the rest, like Evelyn said, it's time to take better care of my body. Will start with being grateful for it just as it is right now.
    #15 Season: Summer. Used to be autumn, the colors, the smells. Winter too cold, Spring to drizzly. Summer here on the coast is perfect, only 3 days of 90+ degrees and so long as no wild fires, the air is clear.
    #14 sight: my DH's lowered pressure numbers, his glaucoma has stabilized with no immediate need for surgery. Long may he see the ocean from our front room, the dogs playing together at the edge of the woods, the fog through the trees.
    #13 abilities: touch typing ;)
    #12 texture: Tumble's double coat, long straight strong guard hairs undercoated with soft downy fur. Shadow's silky puppy ears.
    #11 holiday: Christmas. The music, the lights, the scent of the Christmas tree, the story, the memories, the taste of egg nog, tom and jerry's, and oh yes... baking, smelling and eating the COOKIES!!!
    #10 taste: today its fresh ice water. After too much wine it really tastes good. ;)
    #9 place: our property, all 15 vertical acres of it, woods, ferns, creeks, mud, brush, critters, peeks at the ocean and the way it smells when I get out of the car. “Home!”
    #8 book: To Build a Land by Sally Watson. Read this children's novel when I was 9. It was about a group of Jewish orphans transported to Israel after WWII. Identifying with one of the characters sparked a life long interest in archeology, Hebrew and ultimatly spurred me to visit the holy land in 1980.
    #7 memory: at holidays Papa told stories about his younger days, during Prohibition and the Depression (but never about WWII). I could repeat them almost word for word but enjoyed them every time. That's one thing I miss about not having family left for holiday get togethers.
    # 6 nature: the forest's scent and the ocean's clamour
    # 5 sound: Joe snoring
    # 4 food: Fage Greek Yoghurt
    # 3 color: blue skies after a gray rainy foggy couple of days.
    # 2 tech: my Win 7 laptop. Dread migrating to something newer/supported.
    # 1 smell: clean, bleached whites while transferring from washer to dryer.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=6867 better! vits=26 log=29 CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=9 Tumble=15 mfp=28 AF=18