pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

2019 jingle bell run- 27.12min, 7.27min mi, 168mhr, 3.67mi= 464c
    Apple Watch- 345c
    walk hotel 2 car- 15.12min, .94mi= 148c
    Apple Watch- 106c

total cal 612

the weather was perfect for the run today. was about 47 degrees, no rain. we ran a lot faster than I thought we would. under an 8 min mi for both of us is awesome. katla the run starts at the Westlake center in Seattle. I drank some the night before and thankfully I threw up after I got to the hotel. we didn't have dinner and I was ok for that. not the best thing to do a day before a run, lololol, I was totally prepared to have a slow run, but 7.27min mile? I shocked myself! I wasn't feeling to perky the day of the run, (today).

someone mentioned the Fremont bridge? I used to work over looking lake union and we met at a bar called the Fremont dock. we go there for breakfast after the run and had to go over the Fremont bridge. Seattle is changing soooooo much.

all week tomorrow I am wanting to work early so no gym workout. more $$ for the kitty. when yogi was sick (he's back to normal now) the bill was $620 some odd bucks. kids aren't cheap.

time for bed and kicking back. oh yeah, gotta eat something
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Had a Beyond Burger tonight. I like it better than the Impossible Burger

Right now I’m hurting for Denise because she’s hurting. But I just can’t bring myself to say “Don’t come since you’re so anxious”. I just can’t help thinking that that would be the start of something worse for her. I really think she should see a MD about this anxiety. What if Pete were to get transferred? I don’t think he’d want to leave his mother, he’s too much of a “mama’s boy”. But still….

Sue in WA – what a wonderful windfall!

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Christmas Fruit ...

Since we can't get Christmas oranges at this time of year (mandarins) and since I'm not overly fond of Christmas cherries (plus they're expensive) ...

I bought a couple pears and a couple mangoes! :) I love both (especially mangoes) but don't eat them very often because they're higher in calories than most other fruit.

So ... they've become a Christmas treat. :)

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Yesterday's list checked off. Today puppy's waiting for a week after last shot period is over. Joe's taking the dogs and me to the beach, eeeee, I'm so excited!!. Other to-do's call MD reschedule appt, relocate tree, make rum balls and KJ's adult fudge, pay eye Dr, attend Special District presentation, drop off harassment policy, get Chief's preferences, Wild Rivers Symphony and stay AF.

Machka distilled from 2000 to less than half (860)? Well done! Gorgeous ride great reward.
    Welcome RhondaSebas, Melanie from Alberta!
    Lanette Ensure, what a great idea! I used to give protein bars, 'til I learned that wasn't so good for those with poor teeth.
    Heather :heart: heart: :heart: the smiling family pic! How did you learn to juggle?
    Pip WTG!
    Luci several of my buddies have mentioned being extra tired lately. We're chalking it up to the short daylight.
    SuziQ fond memory tears, oh yeah.
    Karen in VA Thought we had no choice but to sign up for Medicare A at 65, even when covered by employer's insurance. You must have great coverage! Mine was good, but became secondary to Medicare A at 65.
    allie keep us in your pocket when you take that resume in, and give Trudy a big thank you hug from us all.
    Janetr and Michele ((hugs)). Never having had a daughter, I can't imagine what you're going through. ((hugs))

Gratitude days
    #24 challenge: Better Bones and Balance class. Hard work but makes a difference. On hiatus for December :cry:
    #25 moment this week: when I tasted a friend's “failed” orange cranberry cooky. It is so much like Mama's Holiday Nut Balls, I won't bake them this year.
    Time to snooze a little while. Soon as its daylight Joe will want to GO!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for December: get up and go outside EVERY day!
    daily: steps=3021 :( vits=6.5 log=8 CI<CO=6 CI<250<CO=2 Tumble 5/10=5 mfp=8 AF=6 outside=3
    wkly: BBBorTC=3/3 rx=2 dance=1 pack walk=1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= dog group email lilst= sew= play=
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather I remember how difficult the move to Hove was for you, real estate is a tough tough business where you live! But that is all in the past and you have a wonderful home and community and close to your grands! It does give me hope though, DH and I are just starting on the journey, really just trying to zero in on where, when and what. yesterday we took a little (1.5 hours north) to look at a beautiful, modern little lake house and were carried away by how perfect it seemed. Way overpriced and we're not really ready to commit but it was a real eye opener to what is out there and what we like. So lucky that DH and I are on the same page about style, price etc. It will be a long saga, I'm sure but we want to stay (at least part-time) in NY until his mom passes, then we will permanently relocate somewhere warm, probably southern US.

Staying away from the raindrops as well as the negative stressed out atmosphere at work.

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara Sorry. Talking about Part B.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara
    I do have great insurance. However, I was really talking about the issue with Part B & Medigap underwriting. There is a big difference in the Medigap "guaranteed issue" policies (& enrollment periods) if your employee health is primary vs secondary to your Part B. Who knew?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Tttt
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I just received the new flags for our cycling club!! :)

z53da246xdlk.png

Machka in Oz

You look great Machka!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hey all! Quick hop on. Miguel is fine!

What an adorable face. :smiley: He is a cutie.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - AHA! Your journey down Medicare lane is bringing back memories.
    My DH is 7 years older than me and stayed on my employer health plan until I retired at 65 then we both went onto Medicare.

I remember he had several visits to the hospital during the time he was on my coverage, and their accounting department kept trying to put the bills through to Medicare (because of his age I guess) who denied them, even though I told hospital every time he was there that he wasn't on Medicare and to bill MY insurance, here's yet another copy of my insurance card, etc.

Hospital got paid of course when they figured out to bill my insurance.

It was a bit worrisome at first as I thought we let something slip through the cracks and we'd get stuck with some huge medical bills.

With my surgery this summer, I was so glad we paid the little extra to get onto Plan F. I see copies of the bills but don't have to go through the stress of being in the middle anymore or having to figure out co-pays or any of that.

Karen - great that you are still on your employer's plan and have time to get it figured out. We were prepped and had everything lined up prior my actual last day at work/coverage ending, all I had to do was drop off the Medigap paperwork with the insurance broker who faxed it over the same day and go online to get enrolled in Part D. Glad its all done. Good luck! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    Options
    Barbara - re juggling. I misspent my junior school years playing 'twoballs' at every break. Probably in the winter as I was doing gymnastics on the grass in the summer. I was very good at it, could do all the tricks, and taught myself to play with three balls. Never graduated to four though. ;) It was nice to have a skill which impressed the grandchildren and even DH. He had no idea.

Been for my 5k run along the seafront. Gorgeous. I'm trying to atone for 3 days last week of no exercise and mega consumption. >:):#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx