The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Heading to 60 in January, and while Im working out, its holiday season and having trouble with controlling the input. I said I wanted my body back for 60 but falling sort of that.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend! And have a great week ahead!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Good rainy morning here in the midAtlantic!

Back to the grindstone after having a 3 day weekend. I started making and selling soap this year, and this was my 4th show this weekend. I have been very pleased with the outcome. Couple more shows, and I may just break even with what I've put out in buying the gear for this new hobby of mine :)
  • MellOnTheMove
    MellOnTheMove Posts: 63 Member
    edited December 2019
    Good morning from the treadmill of heck! I got to the gym late today and it's getting busy in here. Found myself a corner and I'm sticking to it. Have an awesome day
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @mcemino2 wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

Good to see you back on the ice!

Thanks. I really love skating outside I just couldn't resist

I'm jealous, no skating for me for a while:(

Hey you'll be back. I had to wait 6 weeks

How are you feeling

Not too bad, it only hurts when I move or breath:) Just kidding, still sore but getting better. Worst part was my left eye, it was hard to open after surgery, I think the lid stuck to the cornea and pulled part of it off. Felt a lot like a corneal abrasion I got from a hockey stick years ago. Slowly getting better, almost no irritation today.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    @mcemino2 wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

Good to see you back on the ice!

Thanks. I really love skating outside I just couldn't resist

I'm jealous, no skating for me for a while:(

Hey you'll be back. I had to wait 6 weeks

How are you feeling

Not too bad, it only hurts when I move or breath:) Just kidding, still sore but getting better. Worst part was my left eye, it was hard to open after surgery, I think the lid stuck to the cornea and pulled part of it off. Felt a lot like a corneal abrasion I got from a hockey stick years ago. Slowly getting better, almost no irritation today.

Yikes ouch with the eye. Glad to hear you're on the mend
  • bmeadows380
    8oehaw59snmz.jpg

This is a nativity scene. I finished these up tonight, and am debating on whether they are decent enough to use as a church cantata decoration or not. I needed something tall and couldn't find anything around here within an affordable price range, so I looked up how to do paper mache and gave it a shot at making my own. Joseph stands about 45" tall; I needed a scene large enough that they could easily be seen in the back of the sanctuary.

I'm no sculptor, though, so I'm taking opinions on whether or not they are nice enough to use or just plain creepy lol My sister votes for creepy; my brother is on the fence, and my sister in law likes them :smiley:
  • julieknuckles
    julieknuckles Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! Newbie here.

I’m pushing 40 but feeling better in every aspect of my life than ever before! I’m here because I’m trying to conquer my food addiction and learn how to nourish myself properly for optimal health....And of course to loose weight!

Would love some friends to help keep me accountable 🤗
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited December 2019
    8oehaw59snmz.jpg

This is a nativity scene. I finished these up tonight, and am debating on whether they are decent enough to use as a church cantata decoration or not. I needed something tall and couldn't find anything around here within an affordable price range, so I looked up how to do paper mache and gave it a shot at making my own. Joseph stands about 45" tall; I needed a scene large enough that they could easily be seen in the back of the sanctuary.

I'm no sculptor, though, so I'm taking opinions on whether or not they are nice enough to use or just plain creepy lol My sister votes for creepy; my brother is on the fence, and my sister in law likes them :smiley:

I think it would depend on the congregation. At the church I currently play music, folks wears jeans to services, so they'd be fine with it. The church I grew up in, though, with the Tiffany-style stained glass windows and a lot of gilt? Probably not so much.

(FWIW, those look very nice for a first attempt!)
  • bmeadows380
    oocdc2 wrote: »

I think it would depend on the congregation. At the church I currently play music, folks wears jeans to services, so they'd be fine with it. The church I grew up in, though, with the Tiffany-style stained glass windows and a lot of gilt? Probably not so much.

(FWIW, those look very nice for a first attempt!)

Thank you! My church isn't a fancy church - the sanctuary is nice, but its a country church with hand crafted decorations already in use. I agree on the really fancy churches with lots of gilt - I wouldn't have even bothered attempting something for a building like that!

I needed a outside perspective on them - what a person's would think upon walking into the church and seeing those on display, whether they'd think "interesting" or "creepy" or "tacky" lol I figured I'd take a consensus of several opinions before deciding whether to actually use them or not :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited December 2019
    I went climbing yesterday.

I have scabs on my leg in the shape of a handhold. It's odd, I don't remember bashing it although there is some clear evidence of user error. (I suspect I did it getting out of a cave. I cut loose and flailed wildly whilst looking for somewhere to heel hook to get out from upside down to vertical.)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    jeffrey_ad wrote: »
    b4hfanp61ctj.jpeg
    A little breakfast chocolate on my 52nd birthday today

Happy birthday
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    b4hfanp61ctj.jpeg

Happy Birthday 🎊🎉🎈🎁
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    b4hfanp61ctj.jpeg

Happy birthday!!!! Looks like a great way to start the day..... Hoping I have enough calories left tonight for a little chunk for me 🤞😁
  • Victoria1S
    Victoria1S Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi everyone, I'm new 'proper user' of this app and hopefully it will help me to achieve my goals.
    I'm 35 now and for the last 3 years I have changed the way I look on myself and food. I started to feel different about food and health and realised the full potential of food and our habits.
    I'm not struggling with motivation as my goals are to stay healthy, live very long and happy life and maintain my desired weight ;) I know, not so much to ask, but I may need some help :p
    I'm happy to make new friends here, so we can help and support each other when needed :)

P.s. how do I add a friend? :D
  • aliaa209
    aliaa209 Posts: 6 Member
    35 here, please feel free to add me.. I need a fitness buddy 💪🏻
  • 4newrunner
    4newrunner Posts: 85 Member
    Good Morning Everyone! Have a great day!