The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Wow-there are so many posts out here! Here goes and will see if anything comes from it....I was on MFP a few years back but then ended up dropping off. I’m going to start logging again on 1/1 or for sure by 1/2. And then I want and need to discilpline myself tonstick to it. My main gig is that I need to break myself of bad dinner/evening habits....most of which involves a couple of glasses of red wine and then senseless snacking. I’ve been doing that for a while now and have 10+ pounds to show for it. Meh. Im 5’4”, 140, age 47. Not sure why I’m sharing that but oh well. 🤷🏻‍♀️ As with everyone else here, I’m looking to get to know some peeps out here who have a similar situation or simply want to connect/support. Add me if you’d like. And....best wishes to ALL of you! I plan to spend some time hopefully sooner than later reading up further on these posts....lots of peeps and activity! Cheers to 2019 and us hitting our goals! 💥

Welcome back to MFP. I, too, suffer from senseless snacking (late night especially). That's been the hardest habit to break so far. Figure out your Why. Why do you want to lose weight and get healthier. If you have a strong enough Why, the self discipline will follow. Good luck!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    utl46ujwbo3j.jpg
  • dunenoret
    dunenoret Posts: 77 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi, I’m going to start a Keto type diet tomorrow. Mostly cut out all alcohol, sweets, breads, carbs etc. Add me if you want - I’ll add about 10 people to see how it goes. Good luck from tomorrow everyone 😊
  • spunkymonkey123
    spunkymonkey123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me.
  • skyleysmom
    skyleysmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please :smile:
  • caybee67
    caybee67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    51 and rebooting here. Happy New Year, everyone!
  • 365FitnessQuest
    365FitnessQuest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 43 in Feb so starting a year long journey to get properly in shape! I've been putting it off for too long! :)
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46, in the UK & keep trying to get the same MFP success I had in 2011 - but keep giving up. I'm hoping having some friends and a busy newsfeed will keep me here.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hey Brad,
    Good work on the 11.8 loss. Seems like you've got a good handle on what do to. Good luck!
  • _smartbroker
    _smartbroker Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    40/m/nj/nyc area here! Let's be friends!!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Alright to all my Mage peeps Have a Happy New Year!!! Let's get it done in 2019!!!
  • GingerGetsHealthy
    Options
    Hi all. I’m 47 and excited to be getting myself together. I need some online inspiration!
  • 10lizzyrose
    10lizzyrose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    38yo mum of 3 from Australia trying my hardest to be the best version of myself. Feel free to add me ☺️
  • awaterbuffalo
    awaterbuffalo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Road warrior and farm girl here. I am following a keto diet. Feel free to add me if you need a friend.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Alright to all my Mage peeps Have a Happy New Year!!! Let's get it done in 2019!!!

Happy New Year to those who're there already. I still have 4 hours of 2018 left.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!!! This is my year to get back into killer shape! I follow a keto diet, intermittently with good ol' plain clean eating. I used to be SUPER active here, years ago, and I literally got into the best shape of my life by just interacting with, competing with, and being accountable to MFP friends. I am going to try to kick start that type of interaction again. Feel free to add me if you like. :smiley:
  • FemmeCorbeau
    FemmeCorbeau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Howdy-ho fellow humans! 43yo here and starting anew. Happy New Year! Here's to a better 2019 and beyond!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Road warrior and farm girl here. I am following a keto diet. Feel free to add me if you need a friend.

Sound like an interesting sort!! I'm sure you're working harder and eating healthier than most of us on here.
  • lisadjohnson14
    lisadjohnson14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Does anyone have suggestions or feedback about the premium feature that adds calories to use if you excercise?
    I have been logging with this feature on and it allows me to eat more but I don’t know if that’s the most efficient way to lose the weight I’m trying to lose. I’m less than a week in so I’m new to counting calories.