The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got a lovely night snowshoe in yesterday.
    Water intake was also good and calories were slightly under, so all in all, it was a good day. :)
  • wondervul
    wondervul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a newbie. Is this a group that you add me to (if so, please do) or do I friend request individuals?
  • Rogersfit1
    Rogersfit1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    54 and still going . Feel free to add me as sometimes I need a bit of motivation and a kick up the pants . Been working out for over 30 years in some way or another .
  • Jason_2019
    Jason_2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Looking for motivated friends. I'm into hiking, biking and tennis mainly.
  • vetvicki
    vetvicki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 now and want to be fit and fabulous at 40! I didn't have the body of my dreams in my younger years so am going for it now instead.
    Anyone can add me 😊
  • Eagles8080
    Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Add me all. I am 38 years old. Need all the friends I can get!!!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,188 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Does anyone have suggestions or feedback about the premium feature that adds calories to use if you excercise?
    I have been logging with this feature on and it allows me to eat more but I don’t know if that’s the most efficient way to lose the weight I’m trying to lose. I’m less than a week in so I’m new to counting calories.

In my opinion MFP adds too many calories for the exercise, I gain if I eat that many extra calories. My personal strategy is to set my calories a bit higher and then don't eat any back for exercise. Good luck!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,188 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many people motivated this year, I'm aiming to continue slow and steady weight loss for the year, lost 6.7kg since august through calorie counting and exercise (mainly walk, swim, yoga with the occasional jog). Good luck to everyone, and feel free to add me if you want more friends, I'm 50 and in Australia.
  • jdud19
    jdud19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello..I am new here too...going well so far...Good luck with your journey
  • Blue_eyed_girl82
    Blue_eyed_girl82 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Nicole and I Just turned 36 and excited about the new journey. Will show my kiddos that I can still out do them and I am older lol. Want motivation feel free to add me, I need motivation too!! Everyone good luck and Happy New Years. :p
  • kellyw4444
    kellyw4444 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kelly and I turned 50 a couple of months ago. I started on MFP one year ago and have lost 22 lbs tracking my food and exercise. This year, my goal is to lose the final 15 or so pounds and get in the best shape of my life! My biggest challenge to losing weight is my hypothyroidism. I have recently found that eliminating certain foods from my diet has resulted in less inflammation in my body and better weight loss, so that is a factor, too. If you are interested in sharing the journey, feel free to friend me. I log every day and enjoy sharing the ups and downs with others who are on their own path.
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Perfect... please add me. I need motivational people in similar situations around me!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years friends! The holiday break was not a healthy one for me, but I did make some good memories and I am right back to accountability. One month until my 40th birthday. I won't hit the weight goal I had set, but I'll be happy if I feel I've made good progress and am on a good steady track.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years friends! The holiday break was not a healthy one for me, but I did make some good memories and I am right back to accountability. One month until my 40th birthday. I won't hit the weight goal I had set, but I'll be happy if I feel I've made good progress and am on a good steady track.

Since I'll forget in a month, Happy Birthday!!

• openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. 45 Year old female living in SC, friend me please. Need to stay motivated, got a lot to lose and would love some supportive friends. I will be the same to you! :) Let's Do THIS!
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    39 and Happy Friday Fit Fam!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Turned 41 in December. Been up and down all my life. Hopeing for a full lifestyle change this time! Need motivation from others in this age range that have successfully lost and kept it off. Feel free to add me!
  • Shrinking_Shellbelle
    Options
    Hi Everyone! 41, been doing the Yo Yo for years. Would like to add some new folks to help motivate me on my journey. :-)
  • LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time since I've been here. I will be 50 in September. Feeling old, sluggish and fat. Need some much needed support and motivation.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Howdy do, seasoned citizens :)

The weekend arriveth. Any one have awesome plans? After last Friday in NYC, New Year festivities, and feeling sick for the last few days, I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend of housework, guitar practice, and shoe polishing. I'll be seeing my barber to square off my flattop and maybe a bit of a hike but that's all the outdoors I plan to do. This is definitely a reclaim the house back from Christmas weekend.