Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    This was my Rocky dog.
  • ladycopnh1
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to add pictures.

Welcome quemalosuete, You are more than welcome to join us, and we would love to learn more about you when you feel like sharing. :p
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Ladycop, I'm very sorry to hear about your Rocky....
  • jockette18
    jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi all, I have been a member off and on for a few years now and loose weight then gain again, this is my heaviest at 211 pds and now its time before my 50th in November.
    Can wait to see everyone's progress and get some hints and tips along the way.
    Love the weekly weigh in idea.
  • kathamh
    kathamh Posts: 15 Member
    I am in for weekly weigh ins. Glad too see the group growing - going to have to make time to get on here more often. It encourages me to see others with similar goals and such.
    This week I am preparing by eating less but more often, I made and froze bottles of unsweet tea for me(the family drinks sweet), and am cleaning and organizing to get rid of some of the chaos in my life (I tend to stress eat).
    I have a Dr. appt tomorrow and will see how my blood pressure and sugar is, wish me luck. And of course have an official starting weight.
    Hopefully next post won't include so many I's. It sounds like I like to talk about myself. lol
    Hang in there everyone - This coming year will bring us great thing!🏊‍♀️🤩🎉🏃‍♀️🤩🎉🚶‍♀️🤩🎉⛹️‍♀️🤩🎉🏋️‍♂️
  • ladycopnh1
    Welcome sewingdance, jockette18 & kathamh, It's looking like an awesome group for this coming year. Sounds like everyone is dusting house for this adventure and starting to fill the frig with health foods. We welcome any and all advise for a healthy life. We've gotta turn the page this coming year and start coloring it in with more impressive colors than what we've been using in the past.

We've got this !
  • ladycopnh1
    sewinghouse has a good idea.
    Name the first 5 things you are going to look forward to as you loss the weight;

1. Take a bubble bath without having a tow truck to pull me back out
    2. climbing stairs without struggling
    3. being able to turn/get out of bed without feeling I have a barbell holding me down
    4. walk without huffing and puffing
    5. pulling my two-way winter coat zipper down over my hips
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Hi all! Today was a pretty good day. I was able to carry most of the pieces of the weight bench up from the porch, not all the way up to the attic, but it's a good start. Got a text that the treadmill I ordered is coming in a couple of days. I get the stitches removed from my knee in the morning. I made a pot of kale and black eyed peas today, and baked several small potatoes, and a sweet potato. Can hardly wait for 1/1/2020!
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 73 Member
    Hi is it too late to join?
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 73 Member
    I am 48 yrs old and 5'2" short and the heaviest I have ever been about 210 lbs. I need to get me a new scale. I was just diagost with Basel joint arthritis and had to cancel my Boot camp membership. I am only allowed to do cardio but nothing using my hands if I want to get better.
  • kydztoi
    kydztoi Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, my Name is Jan, I'm 65, I retired from 33 years as a 911 Dispatcher ( and again working full time- what the ???) I would love to be part of your group at 240 lbs ( 75+ lbs over weight). I like the idea of a weekly weigh in and frankly I need the accountability. Tuesday's are fine with me. I have a few medical issues brought on by my overage and would like to get rid of a couple.
  • happy New Year’s Eve / i am truly ready to begin this journey with all you wonderful 200+ beautiful individuals. i am going to support all of you as much and as often as i can. good luck guys!!!
  • ladycopnh1

My hike ( journey sounds like an old term for me ) begins today.
    I feel like the Mama bear of all of you topping out at...........

Starting Weight: 271
    Jan. 7:
    Jan. 14:
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

Total January loss:

Feb. 4:
    Feb. 11:
    Feb. 18:
    Feb. 25:

Total February loss:

Mar. 3: