What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I have an appointment tomorrow morning with an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spinal disorders. I'm a bit nervous. Hoping this is an easy fix, and I can get some relief. It's dragged out far too long.

Good luck, 🍀 hopefully just a little bump in the road you can go around or get fixed ASAP
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    VeraJMali wrote: »
    I can’t figure out how to make friends anymore. I don’t fit in with moms because they don’t understand my situation with giving my kids up; but I don’t fit in with women without kids because they are even more judgmental it seems. Is it really so hard to just find someone to talk to and maybe grab a coffee?

And this explains why I have no friends anymore. My single/child-free friends hate the fact that I have to take care of someone else and be responsible (as though that's terrible) and most of my other friends who have kids are so "into" their kids that there's really no room for kid-free time or understanding about issues that have nothing to do with children.

I got what you mean. And yes, women with kids can be really judgmental, but chances were, they were judgmental before they had children.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment tomorrow morning with an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spinal disorders. I'm a bit nervous. Hoping this is an easy fix, and I can get some relief. It's dragged out far too long.

I hope it's an easy fix too 🤗
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

Positive vibes rolling your way :)
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I can’t figure out how to make friends anymore. I don’t fit in with moms because they don’t understand my situation with giving my kids up; but I don’t fit in with women without kids because they are even more judgmental it seems. Is it really so hard to just find someone to talk to and maybe grab a coffee?

Do you bring up your situation right away? If so, maybe give them a chance to know you first.

Most don't know how I feel on many big issues... politics, religion, lots of personal details, for example. Why? It's not important to me that others know my views on many things, it's not important that I know theirs & I don't wish to debate/defend/justify my views. It's exhausting.

No one needs to know everything. Trust needs to be built up before many issues are discussed. Anytime we bring up personal issues, we open ourselves up to be disagreed with or judged. I can't stand unwarranted commentary on my life & I don't want to hear their judgment... I just want to go for coffee, pizza, walking or hiking, etc. Plenty of other subjects to talk about.

Is it important to you that everyone knows about your kids right away? It must be if you're brand new to the board & you've mentioned it a number of times in only 26 posts. That's up to you... but, you already know you'll be judged by many, due to past experience. Others might not wish to hear about it as they might feel you just want to unload on them & they don't want to take on that responsibility. If you need to talk about it so readily, perhaps a counselor can help you deal with any guilt issues you have around your situation?

Maybe take a different approach when meeting others? Making friends can be challenging regardless of age, location, family situation. Good luck.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind is "should I take an ibuprofen after a 14.2 mile run or should I just go to bed and hope my legs, especially my right ankle, feel better in the morning?" Longest run for me and I try not to take anything ever, just debating in my head back and forth the worth.
  • _dancefloordevil_
    _dancefloordevil_ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Clam dip 🙄
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I had an insane dream last night about a potential thriller/crime movie, kind of like the joker but with a bunch of white terrorists who plotted to kill major political bodies with lethal weapons at soapbox/party conference speeches. They would also kill any witnesses on the scene even though they weren’t in plain sight. The director was a psychopath who wanted the killings to be real without cgi, even though the politicians in the cast were fictional.

Sounds like a great screenplay. Write it down! I'd see that movie.
  • VeraJMali
    VeraJMali Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

Do you bring up your situation right away? If so, maybe give them a chance to know you first.

Most don't know how I feel on many big issues... politics, religion, lots of personal details, for example. Why? It's not important to me that others know my views on many things, it's not important that I know theirs & I don't wish to debate/defend/justify my views. It's exhausting.

No one needs to know everything. Trust needs to be built up before many issues are discussed. Anytime we bring up personal issues, we open ourselves up to be disagreed with or judged. I can't stand unwarranted commentary on my life & I don't want to hear their judgment... I just want to go for coffee, pizza, walking or hiking, etc. Plenty of other subjects to talk about.

Is it important to you that everyone knows about your kids right away? It must be if you're brand new to the board & you've mentioned it a number of times in only 26 posts. That's up to you... but, you already know you'll be judged by many, due to past experience. Others might not wish to hear about it as they might feel you just want to unload on them & they don't want to take on that responsibility. If you need to talk about it so readily, perhaps a counselor can help you deal with any guilt issues you have around your situation?

Maybe take a different approach when meeting others? Making friends can be challenging regardless of age, location, family situation. Good luck.

I’ve only mentioned it two or three times on these boards. I’ve been on mfp since 2015.

No, I do not readily mention my personal information to any new person in real life. I’ve vented to a group of random people on the internet in these boards because I have no one else and I’ve been having a rough time. I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone’s business whether they tell it or not. No, I can’t move.
    It was silly of me to try to vent to anyone, even strangers that I won’t ever meet. Thanks for reminding me of that.
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

I’ve only mentioned it two or three times on these boards. I’ve been on mfp since 2015.

No, I do not readily mention my personal information to any new person in real life. I’ve vented to a group of random people on the internet in these boards because I have no one else and I’ve been having a rough time. I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone’s business whether they tell it or not. No, I can’t move.
    It was silly of me to try to vent to anyone, even strangers that I won’t ever meet. Thanks for reminding me of that.

You seem to have taken some of what I've said out of context & are quite defensive. I never said you should move, goodness. If you read my post again, it was supportive, but that's up to you.

Regardless, you'll figure it out. Good luck to you.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I'll be able to wish my mfp friends a happy new years eve 🙄
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I'll be able to wish my mfp friends a happy new years eve 🙄

Magic 8 ball says YES!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Best of luck to you hun, I hope this new year brings you peace and happiness 💕

Happy new years 🎉
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Hope everything went well, Jenni!