What do you have for lunch?

Simplensweet34
Simplensweet34 Posts: 1 Member
I usually have some kind of protein packed lunch pack. I buy mine at Walmart in the produce section. They include cheese, fruit, nuts, etc. then some times I make my own and add boiled eggs

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    At work I usually have deli meat, cheese, and some sort of bread or crackers. I save my fruit and veggies for snacks.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    This week I am having PB&J
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Usually leftovers this time of year as we are always making soups and stews.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Today it was leftovers - usually it's some sort of bowl consisting of quinoa, protein (chicken or salmon), and bunches of veggies. I like to throw in something pickled for a bit of tang. Convenient because I can eat it hot or cold depending on my work schedule.
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Going to make up some fresh green beans oven baked with sweet potatoes and oven roasted tomatoes. Bomb
  • bighoopattitude
    bighoopattitude Posts: 37 Member
    When I’m working, soup! Always soup. We make homemade soups and they’re delicious. High in salt, though.

When I’m home my go to is bagged salads, toast, baked vegetables.
  • windra06
    windra06 Posts: 50 Member
    Mostly leftovers yesterday I had roasted chickpea salad, today I had Sri lankan curry with tofu and tomorrow will be veggie dal
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited January 2020
    Lunch: Salad, leftover turkey chili.....snacks this afternoon: Apple, Beef jerky, Popcorn
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    I had one large spiralized zucchini with a tablespoon of kona pineapple teriyaki marinade. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Kale salad with farro pineapple cranberries feta cheese and some other veggies, so good!
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Usually grilled chicken breast and some sort of veggie.
  • bluediamond5
    bluediamond5 Posts: 11 Member
    Make big pots soup and 1 pot meals - with lots of veg and broth - great for lunch
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    My lunch is similar to just_Tomek.
    Mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, steamed or baked chicken breast and top off with hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds. I also bring Soup during winter if I make a big batch for the week.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Homemade cheesy ham & potato chowder, a banana, and red/yellow bell pepper strips with some ranch dip.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Leftover potatoes, sauerkraut, and smoked sausage
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    today I had a large albacore tuna salad sriracha wrap with hard boiled eggs, light mayo, mustard, dill relish and lettuce mixed in....cottage cheese, and a large salad with carrots, cherry tomatoes and strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.
    total calories = 573
    protein = 64
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Meal prep is key for me to stay on track at work (we do have a cafeteria here so it's hard to get off track if I come lunchless).

This week it's very simple ground chicken with green beans, divided into 5 portions. I cook on Sunday to last the week. Sometimes I do salad with protein, or boiled eggs with tuna/pickles. Nothing fancy, but easy that I can make once and log the week when I am tracking.