Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    @PackerFanInGB - sending hugs and prayers that the test result for your husband were good results. Know we are all thinking of you.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    January 9, 2020

Better late than never, Lol!! I'm sorry I was MIA in 2019 :# The year was full of little man's health recovery and adjustment; marital issues; depression; blah, blah, blah!!!

2020 IS a new start!! Hubby and I have declared new beginnings with each other (hit the refresh button so to speak). So, moving on......

I'm in the worst shape of my life right now. I NEED this year to be peoductive for my health!!!!

My 2020 goals:
    commit 30 minutes a day to exercising
    rededicate myself to healthy habits
    do not allow depression into my life
    improve as a mother and as a wife
    STAY POSITIVE!!!!

So to start small:

1/9/2020 JFT:

Complete food diary
    30 min. exercise
    Get back on JFT and recommit

To the O.G. JFTers -> I've missed you ALL!!
    To the JFTers who do not know me; Hi

Welcome back!!! You have been missed!! I hope little man is doing well!

This is our year! We’ve got this! ♥️
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2020
    @PackerFanInGB Thank you so much!! I agree this is our year for health success!!!!
    Prayers for you and your hubby!! <3

Just a side note: This "disagree" tab is new to me. I understand its purpose but nevertheless I do wonder, "Who or why someone disagreed with the previous post?" If I'm not a positive light in this crowd and someone is not happy I'm back, please PM me. I know I'm not perfect but I DO want to be supportive for everyone when I can. I understand there's a bunch of new people so I don't want to upset the thread by returning. :(
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    WEDNESDAY:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. Walk on both work breaks :)
    4. 5 freggies :)
    5. 10C liquids :)
    6. Gym--cardio/weight workout :( had to drive three hours and help a friend with an emergency--the day went a bit pear-shaped!
    7. 6 hours sleep :(

I had to get up insanely early to get to work for some pre-dawn overtime...did not get a chance to post my goals, which in my head were:

THURSDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Walk on both work breaks
    4. 5 freggies
    5. 10C liquids
    6. Rest day--catch up on some sleep!

More overtime before and after work tomorrow, then an hour drive Saturday morning for some more overtime at the Capitol. I may head down south (another hour) to see my parents over the weekend depending on the weather too, since my mother's birthday is this weekend. Maybe no tracker or goals, but I am going to focus on lower carb eating, lots of hydration and as many steps as I can get.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    Hi folks! I’d love to join. I read through the previous 11 pages and I see a lot of support and positivity and I’d like a piece of that! 😉

I’ve been on MFP since 2013 after my 3rd child was born. For several years, I would bounce up to my highest weight of 180. I also had gallbladder surgery in 2016 and STRUGGLED to find a way to eat that didn’t have me running to the bathroom within minutes. Finally, in 2018 I found something that works and have been slowly losing weight since then.

SW: 180
    CW: 143.8
    GW: 140

2020 Goals:
    • Reach goal weight - I am so close! I know I’ll likely hit it soon and will probably set a new goal to a lower weight, but I just want to finally hit the goal I set so long ago!
    • Get a physical - haven’t had one in years!
    • Complete the “You Vs The Year” challenge. (Complete 1020km in 2020)
    • Learn how to maintain weight once ultimate goal is reached.

JFT:
    - Stay in the green
    - Go for a walk
    - Drink more water and actually log it

Thanks for the thread. I look forward to supporting you all on your goals this year!

@SERmom3 Welcome! WELCOME! Glad you joined us. We are here for each other.
  • maryrobinson40
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha I'm sorry I worried everyone :P
    Here's something who will shock the honorary aunts.. Casey is TWO next month!! TWO!

It's gone so fast!!'

I'm still not sure what my goals for the year are.. or if I'll make any at all

But yesterday I did my sweaty Betty workout and nearly died haha
    Felt the burn and today everything aches.

I dunno if the discard 5lb challenge is on still but I can't take part atm because instead of over eating I'm struggling with UNDEReating.

The depression episode I had made it so id make food and then feel instantly sick looking at it. So I really struggled to get anything down.
    I think I lost 8lbs in 1.5 weeks which you'd think is good but I'd rather lose weight healthily than not eating at all

But it's starting to get better. So that's good but until then I'll stay out the challenges because of the no extreme dieting rule. Lol!!

But yeah am all good over here

The rabbit died yesterday, found him in his cage, he was 6ish years old. Maybe nearly 7.
    So we've wrapped him in a nice blanket, and then buried him at Ash's parents
    So that was a bit sad but it happens doesn't it! They don't last forever!

@Bex953172 WOW! Casey is going to be two. Where does the time go?
    Love you Sister. Missed ya like crazy.
    Depression is a beast. We Are here always Bex. Ready to love on you and let you be you.
    Hugs, girlfriend...with Mounds of 💘
  • maryrobinson40
    @Bex953172 YOU'RE BACK! I have missed you, but even more importantly, I have been worried about you! You shouldn't worry me, @mytime6630 and all Casey's other aunties like that! :mrgreen: LOL! Seriously, I hope you had a nice break!

@cschmitz110515 I hope you are feeling better!

I haven't been on the past few days again because my husband has much anxiety going on right now about the bone lesion. So trust me when I tell you I have been emotional eating and it has not been pretty. Yesterday's diet consisted of about a dozen peanut butter cookies, a mini loaf of banana walnut bread and some mixed nuts. Maybe one bottle of water and the rest of the day coffee.

This morning, I just got to work when my husband texted and said they called and wanted him to come in for MRI at 11:00 today instead of the 14th. So, he is in having the MRI done right now. It's scheduled for 2 hour block of time, so I'm working in an empty waiting room while he is in there. I will have to wait and see how he feels afterward to determine if I go back to work for afternoon or if I need to stay home with him. He took Valium so he could lie still through the pain and so he cannot drive and is pretty woozy.

I pray that they called him in because they had cancellation and not because the doctor in Milwaukee called the doctor here and said to get him in sooner. I'm praying that whatever this bone lesion is caused from is a benign reason.

I'm a downer today, I know. But I had to get it out and you guys are like a home base to me after all these years! :)

Love to all.

Goals are few today:
    Do not eat your feelings
    Drink more water than yesterday
    be patient and kind
    30 minutes activity
    Self Care: Calm meditation or go tanning or something
    Try to not worry about something I don't even have answers to yet
    Early bedtime

WOTY 2020: Resilient

@PackerFanInGB I love you
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB Thank you so much!! I agree this is our year for health success!!!!
    Prayers for you and your hubby!! <3

Just a side note: This "disagree" tab is new to me. I understand its purpose but nevertheless I do wonder, "Who or why someone disagreed with the previous post?" If I'm not a positive light in this crowd and someone is not happy I'm back, please PM me. I know I'm not perfect but I DO want to be supportive for everyone when I can. I understand there's a bunch of new people so I don't want to upset the thread by returning. :(

Hi, sometimes it is hit accidentally, it’s also next to the word hug and some people may choose the wrong symbol on a small screen/poor eye sight or lack of attention. Welcome back.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday January 10

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

Another day without loss, someone will win the discard 5lb challenge before I make any progress! :D