Dumbbell curls
    Cable seated rows
    Barbell deadlifts
    Lat pulldowns

20 minutes elliptical
  • djwinch
    djwinch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My second day giving weights a go, I'm still not sure what I'm doing really but I was told to try and progress like this and alternate the two. I couldn't go any heavier without a spotter, this was risky enough with my strength levels!

Bench Press 2x10 20kg
    Preacher Curl 2x10 20kg
    Bench Press 2x10 25kg
    Preacher Curl 2x10 20kg
    Bench Press 2x10 30kg
    Preacher Curl 2x10 20kg
    Bench Press 1x10 35kg
    Preacher Curl 2x10 20kg
    Bench Press 1x10 40kg
    Preacher Curl 1x10 25kg
    Bench Press 1x8 45kg
    Preacher Curl 1x10 25kg
    Bench Press 1x4 50kg
    Preacher Curl 1x10 25kg
    Bench Press 1x1 55kg
    Bench Press 1x1 60kg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    60 minute row today -- 12K meters roughly. Did a fairly nice job of keeping the HR in check until the last five minutes or so. I was right at 2:30 pace (really slow) and wanted to make sure that I hit 12K meters, so I sped up just a bit at the end. Around 890 calories and 153 Avg HR.

First time in a while I've hit 50K meters in a week, even with one day off. Next week, looking for 60K+ Meters. Going to get in 200K plus this month I hope. Looking more for like 250K.

While rowing is going good, lifting has been non-existant. Didn't get to the gym last night. Need to work on that. Two lifting sessions are a must for me. Otherwise, rower body (which isn't pretty!). Your lats, traps, back, legs, biceps and abs get developed more than the glutes, chest and shoulders. Need to work on evening things out more!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Friday.

60min session with trainer, last PT in my intensive week. There was some boxing, quite a bit of running, some skipping, squats and press ups. Lots and lots of press ups. Think I may finally be fully recovered from the flu. Today I was out of breath from working hard instead of being ill and finally managed some half decent running.

45min total body conditioning class. Lot of focus on the bottom today.

30min intense cardio intervals, going between high intensity and recovery on the rower, bike and ski arg. Stupid Garmin kept buzzing that I was in the max zone (I set it to alert when my hr was shooting up earlier in the week). Dont think it realised that was where I was trying to get it today.

30min yoga flow, plus a deep stretch including my homework quad and glute stretches.
  • skimbl
    skimbl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Squats - 3 sets 20 reps
    Lunges - 3 sets 20 reps
    Glute bridges- 3 sets 20 reps
    Leg lifts - 2 sets 20 reps
    Reverse crunches - 3 sets 20 reps
    Crunches - 3 sets 20 reps
    Bicycle crunches - 3 sets 20 reps
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wake-up stretches
    Head to the gym
    Warm-up, rowing machine, burpees
    60 min session with trainer... always some abs, bench press, assisted lat pull-ups
    Another 75 min for PT exercises, including barbell squats, balancing exercises, threw in more abs in between
    finishing with burpees again
    20 min on elliptical just for the extra cardio
    cool-down/stretches

I did a longer session today because my soccer game tonight was cancelled, and wanted to get more legs and cardio in.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    90 minutes' bouldering.
    A good session. I found a V3/v4 out of a cave, ending in a top out. Normally I need to grade down for cave routes, but I got this one first time. I enjoyed it so much I did it a few times. (It is probably over-graded, but it is still a fun climb.)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    Pretty boring, but I've been hopping on the treadmill at work during my afternoon break. Mostly just a fast walk since I'm in work clothes, but I go fast enough to break a fairly good sweat before my short break is over. My Garmin device doesn't seem to track my pulse well enough, so it doesn't give me "intensity minutes" most of the time. Oh well. I'm getting them.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Sat 1/11: 100 slow fully extended arm pushups in sets to failure (30,17,14,14,12,13), 33 min spin bike
  • Katie_Hege2020
    Katie_Hege2020 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Morning Les Mills BodyPUMP class with my fiance.
  • firef1y72
    Options
    Saturday

Total 4 miles cycling to and from bootcamp

Bootcamp - a "fun" circuit based class which including dragging the instructor along using a combination of trx and tyre.

30min yoga
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    djwinch wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    70 min on Zwift. Not especially exciting, but I got the workout done.

I love a bit of Zwift. I've not been on it for almost a month now since I changed my garage around and put a hole in my TV but looking to getting back on it in the next few weeks.

Do you do the training sessions or ride alone or join group rides/races?

For the past two weeks I've been doing their interactive FTP builder plan (or whatever it's called). I have done a few races and group rides but mostly I either do workouts or do unrestricted riding. I really don't enjoy races but I like the group rides and group workouts.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Today was 12km rowing sweep. It had been way too long since I'd rowed sweep, as was evidenced by some rather amusing (read, rather frustrating) issues that cropped up. It'll get better over the next few weeks.
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    599i86ojoe3x.jpeg
    Chest and back day - doubled up on preworkout and didn’t quit until I couldn’t lift anymore
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    45 min soulcycle
    10 min arm circuit with weights

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Snowshoeing, hiking the hillsides.

Snowshoe_web.gif
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ocean swim under cloud and through chop.
    Easy-going strength training at the gym (KB get-ups, weighted back extensions, farmer's walk, abs)
    The usual warm-ups/cool-downs
  • firef1y72
    Options
    Sunday.
    Last day of my bootcamp week.

3.1 mile run supporting a new runner as she got numerous segment and distance pr

Quick warm up on elliptical then a indoor mini tri workout given to me by my trainer

250m row
    6km bike
    3km run
  • i_fraser11
    i_fraser11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Abs, calves and core today. A bit of a recovery session after shoulders yesterday and a sports massage. #winning
  • ricmtz
    ricmtz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    9tplcvfdgoks.png
    Ran my first 10k this morning!