Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Posts: 16,613Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 16,613Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Chalean extreme
    Elliptical
    Walking
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 129Member, Premium Member Posts: 129Member, Premium Member
    Bouldering for 90 minutes. I did OK. I got a few new routes, including a former nemesis. I got every v1 and V2 I tried, but not many v3s.
    edited August 12
  • ROBOTFOODROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,514Member Member Posts: 5,514Member Member
    3mi TM. 15 min tempo run right into cooldown.
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member
    8/12/2019 - rest day.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,338Member Member Posts: 1,338Member Member
    Get Moving Monday

20min easy paced run

30 min session with trainer, not sure what actually happened to get moving Monday. Straight in with a rather hellish hill sprint session with additional squats, push ups, lunges and planks

Bowling with my boys

30 min tabata

45 min barbell

School holidays are really cutting in to my training schedule so I'm getting what I can in when I can
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,574Member Member Posts: 2,574Member Member
    Nearly 8k in a quad. Beautiful beautiful water. Well ok, the conditions were beautiful - very very flat for most of our row. The content of water was actually pretty gross.

Warm up followed by some steady state then one and a half 11 minute pieces with a pyramid rate. The first piece was interrupted by a crab from me (that I calmly but slowly recovered from - my big thing with crabbing is making sure I'm relatively calm) and the second was interrupted by a. needing to stop and turn around and b. someone water skiing at not even 7am and us extending our break after we had turned to wait for their wake.

I need to work on...wait for it...blade work. More specifically, I really need to work on feathering and squaring with my fingers.
  • susan5481susan5481 Posts: 64Member Member Posts: 64Member Member
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 11,576Member Member Posts: 11,576Member Member
    Spin class again. I feel like the excessive ** amount of long-ish steady state rowing this year has had an effect on my heart rate response that I ought to like, but I really don't. ;)

** Clearly, there is no "excessive" except with respect to one's own goals and fitness level, and this routine has been deliberate. I'm still babying my knees (partly out of fear, partly because they aren't improving as I'd hope, but they aren't getting perceptibly worse, either). I normally enjoy mixing more interval or race-piece work into the rowing just for variety, to increase the fun, but that comes at a cost of higher physical stresses.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,338Member Member Posts: 1,338Member Member
    Crazy Tuesday- my favourite day of the week.

No PT today, got an hour tomorrow to make up for it.

Around 3miles bike rides to get here and there.

45 min zumba class

Gym workout

15minute run on treadmill, 1.5miles so quite fast for me
    10 min on spin bike, doing standing hill climb intervals.
    Main workout was a pyramid workout with reps going down from 10-1 (except indoor sled push). Used an indoor tyre and indoor sled loaded with 40kg.
    Box jumps
    Press ups
    Sled push
    Split squats (both legs)
    Tricep dips.

Getting so much more confident at the box jumps now. May start to incorporate burpee box jumps in a couple weeks.

Cooled down on rower for 10 min then spent another 5 min stretching.

45min insanity class
    50min boxercise class, very cardio heavy, my hr spent a long time in the threshold zone, prob because I was partnering the instructor (who is also my PT)
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member
    8/13/2019 - noon hour at park, 90F degrees and 29 percent humidity.

#1 - Double kettlebell overhead press (OHP) with a pair of 24kg KB x 3 plus two-hand KB swing with 24kg KB x 30 every 3:00 for 5 rounds completed in 13:22 - average HR = 140 bpm (78 percent) maximum HR = 160 bpm (89 percent) total 156 calories. Note: rep #3 of rounds #3 and #5 were push jerk not OHP after attempting OHP. 30-rep swing rounds appear more taxing than 2 rounds of 15 reps.

#2 - Run 5:45 walk 0:15 for 5 rounds and then run for 0:27. = 3.0 miles in 30:27 - average HR = 154 bpm (86 percent) maximum HR = 166 bpm (92 percent) total 408 calories. Planned on 60 minutes running but made a "business decision" to "treat" myself and call it quits at 30 minutes.
    edited August 13
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 893Member Member Posts: 893Member Member
    30 minutes on the rower today (what a shock, right?) @ 18 SR, keeping HR in check under 150. Ended with only 15 on the bike to Cool Down. Had to take my pups to the vet today for their annual shots so cut it short.

Sometimes progress is slow to see when you're working every day. Looked back at my workout from mid July -- same workout. HR average today was 135 @ 2:23 pace/18 SPM (strokes per minute). Last month was 143 HR @ 2:23/19 SPM, so nice improvement on both power and HR dropping. Same pace, more power per stroke and lower HR all at the same time.
    edited August 13
  • MomjoggerMomjogger Posts: 749Member Member Posts: 749Member Member
    Kickboxing and Tabata with my daughter at the gym today. It kicked my butt. The Tabata piece was intense with a lot of burpees, mountain climbers, planks, push ups, squats, jumps, lunges, etc. My elbow feels OK, so it was a good idea to try it. Spin and Pilates tomorrow and using my new kayak this week! Finally!
  • ROBOTFOODROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,514Member Member Posts: 5,514Member Member
    3mi easy run with run club. 108f :D
    Bit hot.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,574Member Member Posts: 2,574Member Member
    Second workout: I went to my first ever track cycling class...and crashed on a turn. The person went down onto the flat part of the track and then popped back up and I had nowhere to go but down a 45 degree slope.

Nothing is broken or dislocated and I have minimal road rash, but my left hand is swollen. Thankfully the thicker part of my palm is what hurts a lot and not individual fingers, though my pinky isn't happy. The front wheel of the rental track bike fared worse than my pinky. I've taken ibuprofen and have a conveniently sized ice pack from my last shipment of expensive chocolate that I'm holding off ad on (it's the only chocolate I'll seek out which means I don't eat a lot of chocolate). I did end up doing another 3 or 4 laps after spending some time on the infield and getting a second rental bike set up for me.

While the theme past 12 months especially has essentially been "push yourself out of your comfort zone and don't stop", this might be where I draw the line. The potential for broken bones is slightly too high and I'm really really tired of having broken bones. It sucks because it's one of those "this is fun but scary", which is similar to rowing, but the likelyhood of me breaking my collarbone is a heck of a lot lower from rowing.

The good thing is that I should be able to sweep row just fine given that I only row port and thus my left hand does zero squaring and feathering and I don't have another sculling practice until Sunday which is a fair amount of time. I might maybe get on the bike inside tomorrow but otherwise tomorrow is a sleep in day.
    edited August 14
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 129Member, Premium Member Posts: 129Member, Premium Member
    I used the indoor rower yesterday. I did 4 sets of 1500 metres with 3 minutes rest between sets. My average pace was 2.14; best was 2.09 on the last set.
  • MrsReeves711MrsReeves711 Posts: 15Member, Premium Member Posts: 15Member, Premium Member
  • ThinnyminimeThinnyminime Posts: 41Member Member Posts: 41Member Member
    20 minute stretch and roll out

Super set
    12 lateral pull down 100lbs
    12 over head press 70lbs
    12 each side standing lunge with 35lb dumb bell
    Farmers carry with kettle bells 12kgs both hands
    7.5lb lateral raises to failure
    4 sets for the super set

followed by

Super set
    12 Bent over row 35lbs
    12 pause deadlift 105lbs
    Romanian deadlift 15lbs each hand
    20 wood chops each side with black resistance band
    7.5 lb lateral raises to failure
    4 sets for the super set

GHR 3 sets to failure

• J72FITJ72FIT Posts: 5,132Member Member Posts: 5,132Member Member
    8/14
    am
    Mobility
    Hip and shoulder warmup
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (3 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Strength
    Al Kavadlo Pull-up Progression - 50 pull-ups (14:24.47)
    12-6-6-6-5-5-5-5
    *One more time here then on to 75…
    Meditate
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    3mi easy run with run club. 108f :D
    Bit hot.

Supposed to be that hot in my part of the world today. I can handle it and enjoy running in hot weather, just got to be properly hydrated and be smart paying attention to your body. Nonetheless, I'll probably pass the opportunity to run in today's heat and do a gentleman's workout inside. Great job, be safe.

J72FIT wrote: »
    8/14
    am
    Mobility
    Hip and shoulder warmup
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (3 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Strength
    Al Kavadlo Pull-up Progression - 50 pull-ups (14:24.47)
    12-6-6-6-5-5-5-5
    *One more time here then on to 75…
    Meditate

Take it your shoulders are feeling better. Read up on his approach and it appears that there's a 15-minute goal to complete the reps. Am I correct and is that what you're doing? I like that approach and it's similar to what I do when trying to up my rep volume and reduce time. Keep up the good work.