The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Happy 40 year old here from MASS USA. Always looking for more motivating friends ! I have had great success on here! I have plenty of pictures on my profile along my success journey! Send me a friend request and let's help motivate one another.

April🤗
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    response to the wrong email.....
  • bmeadows380
    edited January 2020
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm guessing someone will be losing their job tomorrow.

Of course I was talking to my mom who never really listens to the full story and says oh dear the situation is still going on. No it's not there was no situation and the second message was in error. I'm pretty sure my mom is engaged to a Nigerian prince and all her bank accounts have been given to someone at a call centre in India so no doubt she is ready for nuclear meltdown

😱

this is the one I meant:

Oh man, can I relate to that! My dad just could not grasp the idea of internet safety at all. He would open any email sent to him, such as "but it says I'm getting a free Amazon card!" It took some work, but I finally convinced him to let me have his email box set to exclusive so he could browse through all the junk mail in the junk mail folder, which has some protections on it.

And then there was google - he would do a google search and would open every single link about 10 pages deep, and you can imagine what some of those links were when he was searching for "wooden toys" (he makes wooden toys and was innocently looking for ideas for new toys; some of the sites he opened, however, were far, far from innocent)

He got so many viruses on one computer, I had to just wipe the hard-drive. And I had to activate the parental controls and put net nanny on his pc to try to protect it from malicious websites. That locked it down so much that he started getting frustrated with it, and then when some battery on the motherboard started dying and causing errors, he declared his computer dead and has been without one for over a year now, to everyone's relief.

I gave him a Kindle Fire for his birthday as he's taken up reading a lot, but immediately activated the parental control and locked down safari to keep him off the internet. So far, he hasn't realized that its supposed to be able to browse the internet lol
  • FrankK827
    FrankK827 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    53 in Iowa (wish temperature was that) and in maybe the best shape since college days.Always looking to share successes and cheer each other on.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing someone will be losing their job tomorrow.

Of course I was talking to my mom who never really listens to the full story and says oh dear the situation is still going on. No it's not there was no situation and the second message was in error. I'm pretty sure my mom is engaged to a Nigerian prince and all her bank accounts have been given to someone at a call centre in India so no doubt she is ready for nuclear meltdown

😱

this is the one I meant:

Oh man, can I relate to that! My dad just could not grasp the idea of internet safety at all. He would open any email sent to him, such as "but it says I'm getting a free Amazon card!" It took some work, but I finally convinced him to let me have his email box set to exclusive so he could browse through all the junk mail in the junk mail folder, which has some protections on it.

And then there was google - he would do a google search and would open every single link about 10 pages deep, and you can imagine what some of those links were when he was searching for "wooden toys" (he makes wooden toys and was innocently looking for ideas for new toys; some of the sites he opened, however, were far, far from innocent)

He got so many viruses on one computer, I had to just wipe the hard-drive. And I had to activate the parental controls and put net nanny on his pc to try to protect it from malicious websites. That locked it down so much that he started getting frustrated with it, and then when some battery on the motherboard started dying and causing errors, he declared his computer dead and has been without one for over a year now, to everyone's relief.

I gave him a Kindle Fire for his birthday as he's taken up reading a lot, but immediately activated the parental control and locked down safari to keep him off the internet. So far, he hasn't realized that its supposed to be able to browse the internet lol

Omg. Our parents are the same. My mom is always telling us how visa is calling saying there's fraud on her card. Um did they mentioned your name? Say what Bank they're with you know the one they issues your visa.

It's horrible how these scams target the vulnerable.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Ok...I need to get on track. Hubs has decided we should take a cruise in February. We're not good at planning ahead. This means beaches....it means lounging by the pool on sea days.....which means I need to be bikini ready. It's time to get serious
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Good morning and happy Friday!

Hey how are you doing lately?

Hey Ali, doing pretty good. Gained a few pounds after my surgery. Still a little sore and get tired much quicker, but back to work and trying to work back up to my normal activity level.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I am scared of my dinner tonight, which is in the slow cooker. My supermarket has started to sell California Reapers, so I plopped a couple into my chili con carne. This may have been a blunder...
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Ok...I need to get on track. Hubs has decided we should take a cruise in February. We're not good at planning ahead. This means beaches....it means lounging by the pool on sea days.....which means I need to be bikini ready. It's time to get serious

I guess it makes sense to disagree with the fact I'm planning a vacation and every single post I make hahah. Seems I've a fan
  • bmeadows380
    edited January 2020
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I am scared of my dinner tonight, which is in the slow cooker. My supermarket has started to sell California Reapers, so I plopped a couple into my chili con carne. This may have been a blunder...

Yikes! is there anything that can be used to neutralize the pepper, or at least, tone it down? I know you can use baking soda to neutral tomato acid in spaghetti sauce, but don't know about peppers. I'm a wimp; many foods marked mild are too hot for me!

I guess it makes sense to disagree with the fact I'm planning a vacation and every single post I make hahah. Seems I've a fan

maybe their jealous of your vacation plans? lol

I had a couple disagrees on a post made in another thread which had me scratching my head as well. Some folks just like being contrary, I suppose. Reminds me of a professor I had for a couple of history classes in college. He loved to argue and would take either side just to get the chance to debate something (coincidentally, he also taught philosophy)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 983 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yikes! is there anything that can be used to neutralize the pepper, or at least, tone it down? I know you can use baking soda to neutral tomato acid in spaghetti sauce, but don't know about peppers. I'm a wimp; many foods marked mild are too hot for me!

I will have a lot of milk on hand. I also destroyed a lot of my taste buds when I was young and stupid, so hopefully it will be OK.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I will have a lot of milk on hand. I also destroyed a lot of my taste buds when I was young and stupid, so hopefully it will be OK.

Omg just the thought of this chili scares me!!! Milk should help. If I've cut chillies I will wash my hands with milk after
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Omg just the thought of this chili scares me!!! Milk should help. If I've cut chillies I will wash my hands with milk after
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Hello all, and happy Monday! Worked out this morning, and now am trying to find out when my thyroid biopsy is going to happen. Then to finish cleaning the downstairs!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

sounds fun..any thoughts were you might go?

this weekend was OK..gorgeous weather in the NE...was going to hit the city with the kids...but of course they had other plans with friends...

My son is 'only' a Sophomore/16...he already took the PSAT at school and they are jamming summer opportunities and college tour/sat prep classes... already down our throats. He is my oldest, so I have no clue what is going on..ugh..stressing and trying to do a little research on line...

My diet has been OK and I have been working out 4-5 days a week but my skinny jeans no longer fit..as I can no longer wear them in public...crap...how did that happen so fast...
    so ive got to start taking a closer look nd clean up my diet and count every cal...darn!

Hope everyone has a good day!

• AliNouveau
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »

this weekend was OK..gorgeous weather in the NE...was going to hit the city with the kids...but of course they had other plans with friends...

My son is 'only' a Sophomore/16...he already took the PSAT at school and they are jamming summer opportunities and college tour/sat prep classes... already down our throats. He is my oldest, so I have no clue what is going on..ugh..stressing and trying to do a little research on line...

My diet has been OK and I have been working out 4-5 days a week but my skinny jeans no longer fit..as I can no longer wear them in public...crap...how did that happen so fast...
    so ive got to start taking a closer look nd clean up my diet and count every cal...darn!

We're looking at Easter Caribbean like st Thomas and st Maarten. We like those islands

Yikes for your son's school prep. Kids are worked so hard these days. We're off in a little bit for an interview at a school for my son for next year. Eek
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

We're looking at Easter Caribbean like st Thomas and st Maarten. We like those islands

Yikes for your son's school prep. Kids are worked so hard these days. We're off in a little bit for an interview at a school for my son for next year. Eek

Sounds fun! Years ago (in my 20's) went on a cruise to Barbados, St Thomas, St Martin...forget where else..but fun!!

So agree its a lot...just got another email about taking the PSAT again in Feb......
    ..tough getting him to communicate so we can grasp where his head is at, and what he wants to do (at 16..LOL)!
    He is currently in an intense computer science program...outside of that I have not clue what he wants to study or where he wants to go to school...its hard because its so abstract to him..
    In May he is going with his computer science program to Canada for a week they are getting a tour of Oracle/Q&A...see some colleges in the area

I guess well figure it out!
    have a good one
  • gibsoncmservices
    gibsoncmservices Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, thanks for the add. 41 and been on/off active for all my life. Trying to stay consistent for once.
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 43 years old & blessed w/ two kids. I am hoping to meet others friends who want help each other through our journey & our goals. 😊
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Sounds fun! Years ago (in my 20's) went on a cruise to Barbados, St Thomas, St Martin...forget where else..but fun!!

So agree its a lot...just got another email about taking the PSAT again in Feb......
    ..tough getting him to communicate so we can grasp where his head is at, and what he wants to do (at 16..LOL)!
    He is currently in an intense computer science program...outside of that I have not clue what he wants to study or where he wants to go to school...its hard because its so abstract to him..
    In May he is going with his computer science program to Canada for a week they are getting a tour of Oracle/Q&A...see some colleges in the area

I guess well figure it out!
    have a good one

Wow. Nice. Where is Oracle in Canada? Haha.

I went for a run today and didn't die
    Also the school we had the interview at basically had already decided to accept him this was just to decide how they can best accomodate him so that's a yay and wow we're gonna be poor