The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• CaffeinatedCanuck
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    My goodness fellow middle agers I'm beginning to think I'm not as young as I pretend to me. My shoulder is so sore from all my curling this weekend. Can't wait for physio on Tuesday to get the pressure points dealt with.

Have a fun Sunday

Knowing is half the battle LOL , but all kidding asides, I do hope the physio helps!

• Togetherstronger
    Togetherstronger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Back after a break , think I picked up a few friends from here so if you recognise me then add away , if you don’t but want support then say hey 😊
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    My goodness fellow middle agers I'm beginning to think I'm not as young as I pretend to me. My shoulder is so sore from all my curling this weekend. Can't wait for physio on Tuesday to get the pressure points dealt with.

Have a fun Sunday

Knowing is half the battle LOL , but all kidding asides, I do hope the physio helps!

I haven't been to physio for awhile so it will help. Sadly this revelation isn't stopping me from considering both curling and skating today
  • CaffeinatedCanuck
    Options

Have a fun Sunday

I haven't been to physio for awhile so it will help. Sadly this revelation isn't stopping me from considering both curling and skating today

I’ve been avoiding the outside this weekend because of the bitter cold !! I miss my pool, now it’s just a tub full of snow and ice 😂
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Have a fun Sunday

I’ve been avoiding the outside this weekend because of the bitter cold !! I miss my pool, now it’s just a tub full of snow and ice 😂

What part of Canada are you from?
    We have no snow here in Ontario where I am
  • CaffeinatedCanuck
    Options

Have a fun Sunday

What part of Canada are you from?
    We have no snow here in Ontario where I am

I’m on the East Coast 😀 been a snowy / icy start to the year.
  • thirdtimeluckymfp
    Options
    38 and most unfit and overweight I’ve ever been! Small steps!
  • Ruben_244
    Ruben_244 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 👍🏼
  • Xjsmatt
    Xjsmatt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Will help out anyone on there journey if I can I have 20lb to loose. Also I'm from the UK everyone seems to be from America on hear.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi All! I am 40, nearing 41, and from Ohio. I lost nearly 100lbs 13 years ago, gosh I felt wonderful! Then when I got pregnant 10 years ago, I gained 85lbs and haven't been able to lose it since! I feel like I am constantly starting and failing. And the older I get, the harder it gets. When I lost the weight before, I did it being VERY involved in a weight loss forum, talking with people going through my same journey every day! I even had a dedicated website. I would like to incorporate this into my life again! So I hope everyone is okay with me horning in. I really feel this is what I need!
  • chipotlejen81
    chipotlejen81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am almost 38....slowly creeping towards that 40 mark! Looking for new buddies on here to hold me accountable, cheer each other on etc.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi All! I am 40, nearing 41, and from Ohio. I lost nearly 100lbs 13 years ago, gosh I felt wonderful! Then when I got pregnant 10 years ago, I gained 85lbs and haven't been able to lose it since! I feel like I am constantly starting and failing. And the older I get, the harder it gets. When I lost the weight before, I did it being VERY involved in a weight loss forum, talking with people going through my same journey every day! I even had a dedicated website. I would like to incorporate this into my life again! So I hope everyone is okay with me horning in. I really feel this is what I need!

I'm 41 now, and have a similar story. I was 27 and involved in a weight loss forum when I lost 105 pounds. Later that year a tragedy happened and I started to gain weight back as I just gave up. Then over the next couple of years I gain the rest back. Fast forward a couple of years and my thyroid was damaged by medication and I ended up over 350 pounds. I lost weight again, put on another medication that causes weight gain and gained it back. Now I'm coming off of that medication and returned to MFP to get the necessary moral support.

Feel free to friend me
  • Wreathys
    Wreathys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Signed up today! 43 and the most overweight and unfit I've ever been. Lost 10kgs a few years ago, gave up. Don't want to give up this time. Please feel free to friend me. :smile:
  • CookieJones2018
    CookieJones2018 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 47 and have had success with weight loss with a desire to lose 30 lbs more. Feel free to add me :)
  • Londoncalling72
    Londoncalling72 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just on a bulk and looking for new friends. Feel free to add me.

I am a 46 yr old guy from the UK.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 52 and feeling much older with the many extra pounds on. I have started over again this year, and trying to use the many features of MFP. I was doing great last year until broke my wrist and shattered the joint bone. I am ready to put it all behind and start fresh and hopefully make some friends on here. Good luck to everyone on your weight loss journey.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon, or evening. Bad news from the dentist today. After years of asthma inhaler use, my upper front teeth are rotten and have to be pulled. The good news is I will be under anesthesia for this so I'll get a good nap :)

In other news, there is a group sponsoring a blood moon hike this coming Sunday evening at one of my favorite hiking spots. I will be going with my 12 year old daughter who has quickly become my hiking buddy. Can't wait.

Looking forward to a good week. Stay healthy my friends.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Hello all, its been a while. I have let some old habits creep in on me in the last couple of weeks. I have maintained overall, up 4 pounds from my lightest weight. Some new faces here which is encouraging. Keep up the hard work.
  • drmagel
    drmagel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm 46 and loosing the battle to weight gain a little more every year.
  • lissett0317
    lissett0317 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :) Hello all. 35, will be 36 on April (EEEEK)... I have 2 boys, 15 years old and 1-year-old:s yeah I know big gap. Anyways, this momma is back and ready o kick *kitten*. It's been 9 days since I started using my fitness pal, and committed to a workout routine and focused on my eating habits and I am 6 pounds down :)
    Would love to connect with like-minded people. Would love to have support and motivation because this journey is not easy, but its so worth it/ I also signed up for my first 5K Obstacle Race, and I am super-duper scared but really excited to push past my boundaries and step out of my comfort zone.