The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    My first day here and looks like I found my age group! Lol... I don’t wanna be middle aged! I have a long long journey to health and fitness. Started keto first the year and haven’t lost anything but 3 lbs. feel defeated. I don’t have a family really.. no support system so hoping this will help. Nice to met u all!

I won’t buy into middle age. Too many people are now living good lives well into their 100s. Nobody knows the exact amount of life they have so what’s middle age? Keep the body and mind active.

I agree! :)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all. No workout for me yesterday. My long awaited (4mths) dining room table and chairs arrived yesterday afternoon, and I was hosting bridge. So, it was right home after lunch and started unpacking, organizing and cleaning so that the ladies had a table and chairs to sit at. :) I must say, the table is GORGEOUS!

Anyway, late night as a result of the bridge playing. Had great cards too. Bonus!

Bitter cold today - but hopefully will get some sort of exercise in after work.
  • bklynfitguy1
    bklynfitguy1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    45 here and still trying to get consistent with logging and workouts. Always up for more friends.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It is so cold here today so of course I went skating. Even the rink was cold and the ice super hard. Our rink isn't supposed to be that way haha

It's almost the weekend who has fun plans?
  • craigpix2002
    craigpix2002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi new round these parts well im a 38y chunky monkey from Yorkshire with alot of weight to loose would love new freinds to support and be supported on this life changing journey feel free to add me
  • Summersunshine64
    Summersunshine64 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Check this out!

I'm working on training for a Febuary Challenge. I think sone of you might like to try. This is my first year. It's 100 miles in 28 days of running/walking/hiking/elyptical. It's self monitored, so hope you'll join me!

Get more info and register for the Taji 100 Race @ https://taji100.com. After arriving at the websie click on the menu at the top right hand side and then click on race.

• sdereski
    Options
    Check this out!

I'm working on training for a Febuary Challenge. I think sone of you might like to try. This is my first year. It's 100 miles in 28 days of running/walking/hiking/elyptical. It's self monitored, so hope you'll join me!

Get more info and register for the Taji 100 Race @ https://taji100.com. After arriving at the websie click on the menu at the top right hand side and then click on race.

Sounds interesting! 100 miles in 28 days - very doable! :)
  • Dawncnx
    Dawncnx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pffttt....I'm not middle aged! I'm still 21 (plus or minus 16 years...)
    How did I get so old?!?!
    Feel free to add me. I'm a serial started and stopper of MFP but I'm going to try to stick with it this time around.
  • Eagles8080
    Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend anyone. Need the motivation.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just turned 49, want to less flab and more fab by 50! Please feel free to add me! https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/Mistizoom
  • Trish1278
    Trish1278 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I am 59 and have 50 lbs to lose. I need the motivation and moral support. Thank you
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Two games in 12 hours is a little too much for my poor damaged shoulder. I'm actually considering going to the dr again to get it rechecked and maybe some stronger pain killers. Clearly I won't give up my sports hahah

Hope you are all having a good weekend. I was running defence with smarmy guy this morning at curling. I sweat they ac like the've never seen a woman some of these guys
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more motivated friends! I’m 42 and have lost 78 pounds before and during MFP. I’m currently in the middle of a lean bulk and have gained 8 pounds. Building muscle. Add me if you’d like 😊
  • sdereski
    Options
    Skating last night with my granddaughter. She improves every week and she just loves it. :)

Great snowshoe hike today. Did one that had a lot of climbing.

z6rq2xt48p45.jpg

• AliNouveau
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Skating last night with my granddaughter. She improves every week and she just loves it. :)

z6rq2xt48p45.jpg

I love winter activities. Great hike!!

Have tou guys found someone to give you instruction skating? I don't as contacted by a neighbourhood mom to teach her son. We were going to go tomorrow but he's sick so I'll take my son out instead somewhere. He has curling so I might throw a few rocks while he's playing. I'm trying to take him to as many outdoor rinks as I can this winter.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

z6rq2xt48p45.jpg

Brrr, looks fun, but cold
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! A few of us have a nice little group chat...on another platform. If anyone is interested you can PM for more info!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

z6rq2xt48p45.jpg

So jealous. Looks like a great day.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    My goodness fellow middle agers I'm beginning to think I'm not as young as I pretend to me. My shoulder is so sore from all my curling this weekend. Can't wait for physio on Tuesday to get the pressure points dealt with.

Have a fun Sunday