The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Sharklover2020
    Sharklover2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just getting back in here ladies, 48 y/o and would love to receive/give some support! Feel free to add me :)
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    This morning I went to skate and do my first Tuesday morning class since my surgery. Wow it's amazing how out of shape you can get in 3 months. I've been skating but have only done gentle classes. Between curling yesterday and skating this morning I feel many muscles that had been forgotten. Now....do I go to cardio class tomorrow morning.....

tell me about it..I would feel so good/strong...go on vaca for 3 days an don't work out...come home and that first work out again....wow....I was hoping my muscles would have better memory by now..LOL

GL cardio!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    This morning I went to skate and do my first Tuesday morning class since my surgery. Wow it's amazing how out of shape you can get in 3 months. I've been skating but have only done gentle classes. Between curling yesterday and skating this morning I feel many muscles that had been forgotten. Now....do I go to cardio class tomorrow morning.....

tell me about it..I would feel so good/strong...go on vaca for 3 days an don't work out...come home and that first work out again....wow....I was hoping my muscles would have better memory by now..LOL

GL cardio!

Haha try taking 3 months off! Sucks. My knees were feeling 46 today so I did a light skate. I also will go curling this afternoon. Physio was cancelled so why not
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Back from physio. I'm about to get the all clear. Went in with chrinic headaches and a sore neck (hazard of being a writer) and have been feeling way better. I think the yoga is helping reduce stress and tension.

• AliNouveau
    Options
    Back from physio. I'm about to get the all clear. Went in with chrinic headaches and a sore neck (hazard of being a writer) and have been feeling way better. I think the yoga is helping reduce stress and tension.

Yay for the all clear
    I was told last time at physio I can cut back to every two weeks. What will I do with all my free time???
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    47 and fat, lol. Can I play too?!?!? :D
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    39 this year big 40 next 😅
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

That's great news Mandy 🤗
  • girouxleeann
    girouxleeann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey group! Just turned 49 in December. Would like to loose 50 lbs by my 50 th birthday next December. Hoping this app can help me. Didn’t get the premium, hoping that the free part is enough. Learn all the different areas in here. Here’s to a healthier new year!
  • pamelina1010
    pamelina1010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 38 and excited for middle age. Feel like a real grown-up now! I have specific goals for 2020 and MFP is the best tool for me to be accountable. Looking to branch out in the community for an extra layer of "You can do it!"
    Here's to a great year of positive changes!
    Hugs,
    Pam
  • jonburtness
    jonburtness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tagging into the group- I'm in my 50's and have a challenge to my self. 6 pack in September. Or maybe July
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    All you people with actual goals and stuff...

I am still trying to get around to my daily morning exercises. Not a single morning throughout December and January so far!
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I am still trying to get around to my daily morning exercises. Not a single morning throughout December and January so far!

Me too! It’s tough to get out of my nice warm bed in the morning....maybe tomorrow! 🤣
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    tagging into the group- I'm in my 50's and have a challenge to my self. 6 pack in September. Or maybe July

Why not make it June then it's a 6 pack in 6. Sounds good no?
  • lisaup2u7612
    lisaup2u7612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here it is 2020 Vision! I am back on track, and looking forward to posting my success one step and pound at a time. Weight loss with muscle toning is the goal at 57 years young. I lost 26 lbs in 2019 - 33 lbs more to loose to be at my goal. Here's to success and being forever green and growing! Cheers
  • vnylin
    vnylin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You guys are rocking this. If you're here, you care. Let's get with our own programs and push this out. I'm 59 and in better shape than my 38 year old Son-in-Law. Commitment and discipline. We've got this!
  • Emmiesherrie
    Emmiesherrie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m heading to the big 4 0 next year so would like to move into my 40s healthy! I spent 2018 losing over 2 stones only to eat and drink it all back in 2019 and more...Time for a change! Fell free to add me 😀
  • StrickPT
    StrickPT Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    45 here. Sounds like a great group. Feel free to add me.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

You can do it you just need to motivate yourself set a time and aim to achieve it!