The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Toogs_cdt
    Toogs_cdt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m glad to see my age range here 🙂 Hello, 🥂!
  • mamarh
    mamarh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Nice to be here. I’m 43.. Been off and on the fitness wagon. Right now I’m just focusing on logging my food. I will reintroduce fitness this weekend. I have a business. I also have 2 kids. I always put those first. So hard to squeeze in exercise plus my actual resistance to it. Feel free to add me to your friends on MFP!
    thx
  • mamarh
    mamarh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is that on this board?
    grimtimmer wrote: »
    Greetings everyone! Wish me luck- joining a Biggest Loser Team this Friday....hoping for the best!

• cmartelli1985
    cmartelli1985 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    33 years old have 4 kids under 7 :)
    Feel free to add me
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Still struggling to stay on track. Making slow progress with food workouts are good. Happy hump day 🐫🐪🐫

Slow progress is still progress.. you got this :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Good morning all. With all these 30 something folks claiming to be middle aged, I think I may need to find an "over the hill" thread. I do know that at 58...I am no longer "middle aged". :disappointed: However, I keep thinking I am 38, so I'm good! lol.

Got another great snowshoe in last night. It was colder than it has been, but it was nice once we hit the bush.

you're only as old as you think you are!!! :)

I had a fun skate in the snow yesterday. Today I'm saving my shoulder and going to just go practice curling with a friend this afternoon. No pervy "coach" I hope
  • FitBeardedJourney
    FitBeardedJourney Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    35 here! I currently have lost a total of 50lbs would like to lose about another 10! feel free to add me.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope to find new friends in this group. Please feel free to add me. I’m 55 😊
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Good morning all. With all these 30 something folks claiming to be middle aged, I think I may need to find an "over the hill" thread. I do know that at 58...I am no longer "middle aged". :disappointed: However, I keep thinking I am 38, so I'm good! lol.

Got another great snowshoe in last night. It was colder than it has been, but it was nice once we hit the bush.

Hear hear, Ali! Sometimes I post here and sometimes in the 40+ or 50 somethings or the over 60 threads. Lots of good people of all ages here on MFP.

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Hear hear, Ali! Sometimes I post here and sometimes in the 40+ or 50 somethings or the over 60 threads. Lots of good people of all ages here on MFP.

I have real life friends in their 30s, some my age but the majority are 55+. I curl with many on Mondays who are probably 75+ and they are all awesome and lots of fun. Just signed up for another bonspiel to do with them all in fact.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

I have real life friends in their 30s, some my age but the majority are 55+. I curl with many on Mondays who are probably 75+ and they are all awesome and lots of fun. Just signed up for another bonspiel to do with them all in fact.

I workout with a group of 30 somethings twice a week. They are very entertaining - and motivational.
  • rayelle1986
    rayelle1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 36 and the mother of 5. Used to be an army medic and I am just plain disgusted at myself. Please anyone feel free to add me.

Hi I'm Rachel from Chicago I'm a medic also for the fire department......dont feel to bad I became 300 lbs n was so disgusted with myself n went n got a gastric sleeve I'm 245 now and still working hard to lose this weight.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me now! I'm 37, from very hot and sunny Australia, research scientist, awesome wife and mother of two very energetic little boys. I am at my heaviest weight ever. Please feel free to add me.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options

At 56, I'm beyond middle age, but don't "feel" it either!
  • nursemandy13
    nursemandy13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 this summer. Been maintaining for 3 years.

You do not look even close to fifty! 😯
  • nursemandy13
    nursemandy13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My first day here and looks like I found my age group! Lol... I don’t wanna be middle aged! I have a long long journey to health and fitness. Started keto first the year and haven’t lost anything but 3 lbs. feel defeated. I don’t have a family really.. no support system so hoping this will help. Nice to met u all!
  • atwooddenise8924
    atwooddenise8924 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 February 1st. Trying to get motivated to lose 50 pounds by June 14th for my eldest daughter’s wedding. I was always skinny until I got to my thirties. Diagnosed with Hashimotos but my weight problem mostly has to do with unhealthy choices and emotional eating. You all sound like you’ve got it together. Did anyone start in my position?
  • Summersunshine64
    Summersunshine64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Atwoodenise8924 I'm glad to hear you are working towards being healthier. I originally was 23 pounds heavier than I am today and am looking to lose 15 more pounds before June 15th, when my youngest son gets married. And let me reassure you no one has it all together. So stop feeling sorry for yourself, roll up your sleeves, get your big kid panties on and get to work, You got this! Try taking small steps by carving out lets say 10 lbs. Put the other 40 on a shelf till its time to deal with them. You might feel like I'm being to harsh but reality is I want to see you succeed. So start rocking 50 by saying I am strong, I am beautiful and I will do this!!!
  • njt07
    njt07 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    man i guess I am middle aged now lol. Just retired from the Army this last Sep and gained 10 lbs... had to make a choice to either buy new (bigger) clothes or change my workouts to lose some mass (read: fat...). I chose the "cheaper" route...

dieting sucks fyi