The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So a year or so ago my friends and I found out about this big event in Austria. The winter world masters games. It's an Olympic style event with lots of other sports. We got a team together and sadly I decided it was more important to be able to skate for the rest of my life and I had my shoulder surgery. The girls are all heading to Austria today and tomorrow. It's a little bittersweet but I'm realizing I don't miss the drama and the nerves at all. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to team skate again, I can always compete on my own (eek it's been like 35 years since I did that) but with my new shoulder I should be able to skate forever and curl.

That's long. Haha. We all have setbacks and disappointments but we need to just soldier on and not allow these to defeat us. I guess focus on the future. We can't control the little things that happen but we can control our reaction to them
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    edited January 2020
    today is check in day for me, and I'm frustratingly still unable to hit that elusive 100 lb off goal - I'm now 3/4 lb away. Should have hit it today too, but I'm dealing with some stubborn water weight right now. I know why, but that doesn't really keep me from feeling frustrated. But I'll keep soldiering on!
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    36, with the sense of humour of a 16 year old. Meh, I can live with that.

Back on the standard goal of "be a better me". Seems to be working so far hahaha :wink:
  • jafacct6778
    jafacct6778 Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hey all of you wonderful people! Im 38 from TN and trying to hop back on the wagon. Ive been making changes to my diet, meal prepping, and exercising, now i just have to stick with it! lol. good luck to all of you and feel free to add me if you need a partner, I surely could use one!
  • auburneng1
    auburneng1 Posts: 11 Member
    Been on and off of MFP for a few years. Never really hopped on the community boards, but I can always use encouragement and support as well as give some!

Feel free to add me.

- Dusty
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Good Morning all.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    today is check in day for me, and I'm frustratingly still unable to hit that elusive 100 lb off goal - I'm now 3/4 lb away. Should have hit it today too, but I'm dealing with some stubborn water weight right now. I know why, but that doesn't really keep me from feeling frustrated. But I'll keep soldiering on!

sounds like you've done amazing!! Keep up the good work..it will pay off!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    fc09wyrlcct5.png

Jacob's ladder - I've done that a few times. Eight minutes non-stop is my record and my *kitten* is whipped after that workout. Good on ya' for doing 30 minutes!
  • 00puppypawz00
    00puppypawz00 Posts: 5 Member
    hello!! :)
  • mworeilly
    mworeilly Posts: 260 Member
    Thanks for starting this!
  • AliNouveau
    Today at physio I was given exercises to prepare my to return to curling and got scaled back to just every two weeks. She didn't ask if I had returned to curling so I didn't tell her I was planning on this after lunch u08m8jout66g.jpg
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Today at physio I was given exercises to prepare my to return to curling and got scaled back to just every two weeks. She didn't ask if I had returned to curling so I didn't tell her I was planning on this after lunch u08m8jout66g.jpg

LOL..enjoy!
    Hope all is going well w the recovery
  • AliNouveau
    edited January 2020
    kimber0607 wrote: »

LOL..enjoy!
    Hope all is going well w the recovery

Thanks it's great. She said today she thinks the surgeon will be very pleased at my next follow up because while I didn't hit every target on his insane protocol I'm miles ahead of where most are at this stage. I worked hard though and my body just responds to stuff like this. I'm odd but I thank my Nana who was a runner for the athletic genes
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Let’s get it!!!!
  • FORCEDREP5
    FORCEDREP5 Posts: 30 Member
    Morning. 40yr old back after a few years hiatus.
    Looking for like minded fitness enthusiasts to share mutual support :)
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    So a year or so ago my friends and I found out about this big event in Austria. The winter world masters games. It's an Olympic style event with lots of other sports. We got a team together and sadly I decided it was more important to be able to skate for the rest of my life and I had my shoulder surgery. The girls are all heading to Austria today and tomorrow. It's a little bittersweet but I'm realizing I don't miss the drama and the nerves at all. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to team skate again, I can always compete on my own (eek it's been like 35 years since I did that) but with my new shoulder I should be able to skate forever and curl.

That's long. Haha. We all have setbacks and disappointments but we need to just soldier on and not allow these to defeat us. I guess focus on the future. We can't control the little things that happen but we can control our reaction to them

Sometimes you have to take care of yourself first, even if it sucks. Never give up, I know you will be back better than ever!
  • mcemino2
    Shadowsan wrote: »
    36, with the sense of humour of a 16 year old. Meh, I can live with that.

Back on the standard goal of "be a better me". Seems to be working so far hahaha :wink:

Only 16? I;m more like 18:)
  • mcemino2
    Good morning and happy Friday!
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    I like this group and this age. I’ll be 49 in a few months
    Feel free to add me if ya like..
  • 4newrunner
    4newrunner Posts: 85 Member
    Good Morning everyone....I'll be 52 this year....feel free to add me...always enjoy watching people succeed.