WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,819 Member
    “Wombats” just live that word. Interesting creatures!

“Home” is where I’m currently living. Like you Matchka, moved so much I don’t feel like any one place is my go-to home.

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka: The groups of homeless that I’ve noticed near freeway on and off ramps did not seem to have visible bicycles. We do see bicyclists in the summer out on adventures traveling toward the coast or mountains. They’re totally different in character from the homeless that I’ve seen. Bicyclists are organized, physically fit and purposeful. They usually avoid Oregon winter weather. Our summers are beautiful but our winters are wet and cold much of the time. :ohwell:

Karen: I love the Wonder Woman scissors. :bigsmile:

(((Carol in GA))) I am so sorry your Pom is having a hard time. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Your observations match what I’ve seen very well. This doesn’t seem to be rare or isolated situations. Many people are struggling and many others are profiting. :sad:

Heather: Harry & Meghan’s “nan” is used to getting her own way. Healthy birds leave the nest. They seem like healthy birds to me. :star:

Meanwhile, back at the fort, a self-centered and obnoxious man is on trial in the Senate of the US.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    edited January 2020
    Carol- just be there for your Pom. He will really appreciate it as hard as it is for you. Keep us in your pocket! Feel all the love and support from us. Sorry, the time is now. It has been a hard few months for our fur babies.

((HUGS))

Kylia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Reminder ladies, let's please keep our political comments off this group. That's one of the things I really love about it. I think we get enough political commentary from other sources, and I'm about full up.

Thank you.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    (((Carol )))
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Carol We are with you. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited January 2020
    Carol - I know how much you have loved and cared for the Pom. My loving thoughts are winging your way. <3

The cleaner has just left. She did a decent job. It's very hard work with three floors, all the stairs and needing to move furniture etc after all this time. I have asked her to come back next Saturday to spruce up the guest floor etc before our guests arrive. She is charging more than our previous cleaner, but I don't begrudge it.

Lots of watchable TV tonight, some of which I'm recording, including Granchester. Our favourite tv gardener is travelling around the USA looking at gardens. :D Last week was great fun!

I found my old CVs on a very old USB stick. :D I had three, each one emphasising a different aspect of my work. Got them on to the new laptop and Dropbox, but somehow failed to combine them into a new folder. I used to drag and drop on my old laptop, but that doesn't seem to work. A puzzlement. How to put a Word file into a new folder?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Saw youngest son on Messenger last night! He answered me "Hi Mom"! It texted back and forth for a good hour. My heart was full, and I slept great.

Carol hugs! My heart aches for your situation. 😢

There is some homelessness here on Whidbey. Mostly Meth addicts. Our free bus service and Garage Of Blessings which gives away free stuff, makes it easy to get a handout plus travel to different parts of the island. We do have a service which works with the homeless camps, contacting the owners of properties, works with the police, etc, and the places get cleaned up. For how long is the issue. They did a huge cleanup of the summer. Now I think they inhabit indoor places, because of this cold snap. A couple were taking turns sitting on the indoor couch at Starbucks. 😟
    💖Rebecca

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Carol, many thoughts are with you. I'm sorry, my friend.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited January 2020
    Heather I have finally learned how to use a flash drive (thumb drive) I never had a use for one before, but now I am writing and I want to make sure what I write does not get lost if my computer dies like two of our lap tops did before.

I learned you have to be careful removing the flash drive to always make sure you eject it when finished. On my lab top when I go to downloads the drive appears as USB at the bottom and there is an eject symbol.When I put the USB into the computer what is downloaded appears in my downloads. What I am doing is I go to that download that contains what I am working on. I add to my file. When I am done I save that file. When I go back to downloads I carefully put in the previous file that does not have my additions in the trash to save space on my USB. If you want to combine files. What I would do is make a copy of your file by highlighting what you want to copy and then by pressing the Ctrl button and then hit c at the same time after you highlight your text. Then go into the file you want to copy it to and press Ctrl button and v where you want it to go.

What I would do is make a copy of your file by highlighting what you want to copy and then by pressing the Ctrl button and then hit c at the same time after you highlight your text. Then go into the file you want to copy it to and press Ctrl button and v where you want it to go. I just did the directions I explained to you to make sure I was giving you accurate info.

Once you have your files combined the way you want you click on your file in the downloads and drag it to your what stands for your flash drive and the make sure you eject your thumb drive and not just pull it out or you might lose some of your data.

Hope this helps.

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Heather- Not surprised the paparazzi has been hounding like they did his Mother.Think it’s a wise decision for his family. The brothers had a conversation about it once on a show said they wouldn’t hesitate to up y go would support each other’s decision if it happened.It has happened his brother by what I see is very supportive. My goodness 3 million tax payer dollars to fix up their Canadian cottage! Fired almost all their U.K. staff back at the old house. It definitely looks permanent move to me especially since Canada has agreed to keep them out if the limelight with paparazzi like they have in the past. I blame the paparazzi for their move! Some laws need passed to keep them from hounding like they do for safety sakes!

Amber Tx
  • knitski2002
    knitski2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Grrr. My Vivofit died. I went online and discovered I'm eligible for a free repair/replacement but I will be without one for who knows how long. I will just deal with it but it doesn't make me happy.
  • Katla49
    edited January 2020
    Barbara: There is a non-profit organization called the Community Action Team that has worked hard for affordable housing. The action team is located in a former church around the block from the apartments that they created for people with challenges. I think they have other properties as well, but I'm not sure where they are. I've been struggling to find a suitable photo of the apartments they built but haven't managed so far. I may try to take a photo of the apartments across from DHs' yoga classes the next time I go to his chair yoga class with him.
  • Katla49
    edited January 2020
    nn03ou362t3a.jpeg

I found it & here it is.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    Carol: (((Hugs)))
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    Hugs to Carol and Karen. Saying goodbye to fur babies is just so very hard.

I’m caught up with reading. This is a very hectic time, and I am exhausted.