WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    72clmszzosx6.jpeg
    1st spaghetti now Sugarfree ice cream!! Maybe JRs getting past being a picky eater!! A few chicken too 6Xs!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, I have watched Jeopardy almost every day since I got a VCR in 1985. I remember Brad, Ken, and James from watching them on their games and tournaments. I read Ken's book about his experience on Jeopardy. I love this tournament (haven't watched last night's show yet) Ken is my favourite.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Glad it is Friday evening. Kept busy at work today. Had hoped to get out around 4, but a couple of things came up that needed my attention. Got to gym around 5. Got in good session with stretches, weights and finished off with 30 minutes on treadmill.

Glad to say biggest trauma of the day was discovering I was out of toilet paper after I had my pjs on. Luckily, there was a role in the basement bath (which is almost never used) so didn't have to get dressed and run off to store.

Heading off to a good night's rest. Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start.

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,643 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

apple watch only

bike ride hm 2 gym- 10.10min, 9.3amph, 1.58mi= 61c
    treadmill walk/incline- 35min, 3-6sp, , 3-7incl, 2.09mi= 215c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.53min, 15amph, 1.47mi= 51c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 17.17min, 10.5amph, 3.02mi= 110c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.17min, 9.15min mi, .57mi= 62c
    jog sta 2 wrk 2 sta- 5.49min, 12.55min mi, .45mi= 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 24.29min, 6.3amph, 2.58mi= 136c

total cal 694
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Ginny Ohio - that’s my biggest fear I stockpile it out of fear of running out! Lol fear comes from it happening before while living in a small town where nothing was open until morning the nearest other town was an hour drive! Then an hour drive home in the dark with deer littering the road in herds.

Amber Tx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @Katla49 What do you mean "it will show up as continuous"
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Bananasandoranges: Use your "myhome" food diary to put in any data that you missed. I bet it will show up as continuous. Let us know if it works for you. :flowerforyou:

pipcd34 wrote: »
    Time to get the boot out

@pipcd34
    I don't know the expression, "get the boot out" What does that mean? I looked on line and it says "to leave" You mean you think I should leave the thread?

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Great day for you & DH. He had a good osteopath appointment and later took the opportunity to judge your soup absolutely delicious. Smart man. :wink:

Lisa: I’ve taken Wellbutrin AKA buproprion for many years. It has been a good medicine for me and I have been happier & healthier because of it. I hope it works as well for you. :star:

Michele: The new Oregon license plates are on DS and DDIL's car now. I assume they used the plates the car came with when they bought it until the Oregon plates arrived. Our son’s official “home address” has been our address since he joined the military. He is an Oregon voter. :smiley:

I had a delightful yoga class this morning. Before yoga I burned 100 calories on a recumbent bike in the machine room at the gym, and then went downstairs to yoga. The class was taught by a favorite teacher and I enjoyed myself.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Bananandoranges "get the boot ", is just like having someone kick ya in the keester ta get them back on track. Its just an expression on here. If someone has had a day just not sticking to their plan, we'll type, " ah Pip get yer boot out". No worries, its all said in looking and caring jest.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,059 Member
    Options
    Cool, windy day.

Feeling tired and achy ... probably from the vaccination.

Decided not to exercise today.

Instead, I've spent most of the day working on some of my cycling club stuff. One of the accomplishments of the day is a newsletter!

This weekend I've also gone from a dull, mousy, salt & pepper look to a dark, dark brown and red combo. :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    "Todo"s and "done"
    Done: BB&B,
    Bonus: veg prep, 20 min dog stroll down and up drive.
    to do: invest 10 mins decluttering office, carryover invest 10 mins MBR & Guest, Dust LR, start taking tree down, Patient Hist form to Dermatologist (also toward med history 20/20), comb Tumble, 5 mins engagement training Tumble and Shadow, call Carolyn, listen to SuziQ recommended podcast on habits https://www.npr.org/transcripts/787160734

BB&B wipes me out, but seized the moment before the big storm to walk the dogs a little. Prepped the dip and veggies for this afternoon’s matinee with the girls, then woof! Had to take a nap. Slept heavily for 40 mins. Gals were watching “Finding Nemo” which two of us had never seen. Amazingly rich and deep animation, and almost fell off my chair at the sharks' 12 step meeting and intervention.

Skipped the 10 mins cleanup, as wanted to quick vac (who me???) but don’t like to run vacuum when Joe’s in the house, grates on both our nerves. He’ll go to town tomorrow morning, so I can make up time them.

Heather DH’s “Delighted”? Hope that means his back got some relief!.
    Lisa relieved for the good info and rXs. Hope the ferritin test points to a solution. Love the “wait a minute…” just the right touch!
    Kylia prayers both for your daughter and your friend’s daughter.
    KJ couldn’t me much cuter, unless you interspersed some Olivia and Athena Rose pics… ;)
    Flea your post touched me. Brave of you to speak of your fear/worry. I leave many of mine unsaid, afraid to give them substance by putting them out there… BUT… doing so is the first step in facing them down. Good on you for doing your research, knowledge is power to combat fear. Finally, I try to remember that I was me before all the lovely changes life brings those of us lucky enough to live long enough… and hope I’ll be “me” afterwards too… ;} ((hugs))

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: get up and go outside 10 mins EVERY day, even in the rain!
    daily: steps=3281 :<, vits 8 log=10 CI<CO=10 CI<250<CO=5 Tumble 5/10=8 mfp=10
    wkly: BBBorTC x3=4, rx=1 dance=2.2 pack walk=1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= outside=6
    Bonus AF=6 dog group email list= sew= play=
    2020 phrase: Pay attention! Open ears, eyes, heart.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    @bananasandoranges Get the boot out is just a phrase used to get us back on track. I don't know the origin, but Pip never seems to lack the motivation to get moving! It is like your Mom saying clean your room or I will kick your bottom. Please don't go anywhere else. We love the women on our thread!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where it is springtime temps and rain in January!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,059 Member
    Options
    Barbara - it's not so much the pain is better, but the osteopath obviously had a good bedside manner and gave him hope. He was also complimentary about his fitness level and didn't treat him like an idiot. He was catastrophizing about getting old. :s The osteopath gave him some stretching exercises to do which might help. The pain is worse in the middle of the night. He won't listen to me about taking mild painkillers as a preventative.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

When was the last time you got a new mattress? Pillow? And does he sleep with a pillow between his knees?

Machka in Oz
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Glad to say biggest trauma of the day was discovering I was out of toilet paper after I had my pjs on. Luckily, there was a role in the basement bath (which is almost never used) so didn't have to get dressed and run off to store.

Ginny in Ohio

Ginny - I would have had a stroke. My hub teases me about my hoarding of toilet paper. I ALWAYS have at least one multi pack in the house.......typically I have 3 or 4 but if I see we are down to the last one, I get a little nervous :wink: . I come by it honestly, my Dad always had a bunch too. I may have told this story before, but when my Dad died, one of my best friends brought over paper goods, including toilet paper, to have for all the people that would be stopping in. I literally laughed out loud and led her to the back room of his house and showed her his stash.....I convinced her to take her TP home and use it. It was a good laugh when we needed one. We still laugh about it.

Okie in the TX Hill Country