WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I used to like licorice as a kid but I can definitely leave it for others now.
    There's this place that serves a split pea soup, not very thick, with cumin, for 5 euros and it's delicious. Well, I don't know if the peas are split (they call it pea soup here, not split pea soup).fpod05cd66bp.png

jpsdbczhlj5n.png

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    Good Friday to everyone!

It is raining in Ohio and spring like temperatures........

My husband doesn't know if he likes split pea soup or not.....going on my to try list for him. As for eating things not liked, he will do it because he was taught to clear his plate, but......he will say to me "let's not have that again"-LOL!

Hair loss- My oldest daughter has been loosing her hair on her crown since she was about 20. It really hasn't been a concern of hers for some reason. My hair stylist noticed mine was getting really thin so started me on a shampoo and conditioner called Zenegan. I started my oldest daughter with some also as well as my husband. Not sure on results for my daughter as it has only been a month or so. For husband, he is slowly thickening up the hair. I have been using for 3 years. My hair is thicker (will never be thick) and continuing to fill in the really thin spots. I may just have to try the rosemary also. Just because! I still have my hair colored every 5-6 weeks. Will need to post a new picture. I have tried Biotin but things got worse. Something about my body and manufactured vitamins.....when I take iron pills I actually get anemic. When I take calcium or biotin, my nails break more and my hair falls out worse. I am weird! Just means I really need to eat better!

The sunrise was beautiful on my way to training yesterday! I even stayed awake and learned a couple of things!

My youngest daughter will be coming home from Detroit today. Prayers for safe travels! She is not made for a traveling job. ;)

Prayers and/or warm thoughts needed for a friend's daughter. They are unspoken needs, but the request was sent out.

Better get ready for work. Paid some bills this morning, fed Sara, made bed......It is Friday!!!

Love you ladies for all your stories and support! What a wonderful group!

Lisa I hope you get answers this morning from DR. Love your message to your team!

Pip I am also happy that you wear a helmet! Hope the hip heals quickly.

Machka I get migraines with weather fronts. I feel your pain! I have not had one in about a month so feeling blessed after about 3 months solid of them.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where it is raining again, but not snowing!

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ Love the photos of your grand children! :)

Pip ~ Hoping your boo boos heal quickly and glad your helmet protected your head.

Kylia ~ Prayers for your daughter's safe return and for your friend's daughter. Glad your training session was productive.

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,717 Member
    Options
    Tttttt
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Kelly no spoilers warranted--super cute grands!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Joaquin & Miguel!!! :)<3o:)

Thank you, Kelly! So Stinkin' CUTE!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,360 Member
    Options
    KJ - What utter charmers. :D<3

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I stopped eating dinner about 4 months ago (with some exceptions) and lost 8 pounds. It's really been the only way I've been able to lose weight and keep it off. However, I'm tired of it. I want to start eating dinner again, which means I'll have to have a shift in mindset about my current shape/weight. I'd like to be down another 3 pounds, but not eating dinner (when cooking is my hobby) is really not fun anymore.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    sh0ttz have you tried one meal a day OMAD? That is what really works for me. I try not to eat much before supper when everyone usually wants to eat. If I get hungry I’ll have a little healthy snack during the day then I eat supper and maybe a snack later. I always stay within calories that way and I really am not restricted because if I’m hungry I’ll have a snack. Good luck!

Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💖👍🎶🎵⚓🙏☕☕☕
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I am now a natural brunette again :)

I think I will run to town for a few things before our expected storms roll in. We need rain, and I love a good thunderstorm, so hopefully it will materialize with rain and no damage for anyone.

Happy Friday Ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I envy your flakes of snow. So far, we haven’t had snow on the ground this winter. We haven’t had more than a few days of frosty weather, either. I don’t mind having no real ice to worry about but I am beginning to worry about global warming. :ohwell:

Sue: Your Christmas Cactus is glorious. Mine were so-so this year. I suspect I didn’t water them enough. :embarassed:

Kim: I love your gardening stories, and your having already started seeds is putting a smile on my face. :bigsmile:

Pip: I am happy to hear you’re diligent about riding your bike with a good helmet. Protecting the brain is a huge priority. :star:

Yoga today!!! YAYYY! I’ve got some time before class starts at 10.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon