Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ✳️❇️
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Today husband went to his dermatologist. They froze some spots off here and there,and sliced a few. It was a head to toe checkup. Because he takes anti-rejection pulls for his liver transplant, his immune system is compromised. No sun for him either. My life as a nudist is officially over. Not that I have been an active member. Haven't been sans clothes since 2012! If I ever did it would be me running around nude as a bluejay, and husband covered from head to toe, his nose in a book. Maybe one day! I always tell people, "I could be nude, once"! (Then society would scawf and call police).

While he was at doctors, I went around our front property and picked up branches from our tall grove of trees. I picked up a huge pile, even ending my time balancing rocks on our boulders. We look more zen.
    💖Rebecca

Ps, yes my youngest son is very articulate with words. In high school he wrote amazing stories. Some pretty dark and gloomy. I think he had found a way to channel all the troubles, (having a father that was so sick for so long), and having brothers that weren't home anymore. We relied on each other. He had stated that he was writing stories again, so I am hoping he is doing it again.👍
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,968 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My first fall in 2020, going to the gym, black ice. I turned my head to hear what kirby was saying, big mistake. Hit my head hard. Gonna get a nice war wound on my hip too. Rookie mistake

I'm pretty sure you wear a helmet ... am I right? Did it crack?

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    One of the things I worry about most is hair loss. I think I am okay, but I have a good friend at church who is balding quite a bit, and every time we are together, I feel panicked. If anyone wants to talk about that, I would love to, if you are comfortable. Do you have any plans for addressing it when it happens to you, if it hasn't already? I think about it way too much. I'll start another post about that.

Much love.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Female Hair Loss/Baldness:

Flea, hair obsessed
    Willamette Valley, OR

Hi Flea!
    My father's mother had female pattern baldness, but as you can tell from my last post I am not big on my hair. It's nice now, if it falls out so be it. It was meant to be. I still get highlights every 3 months or so and it actually appears to grow faster afterwards. It seems healthy even though I wash it every day. I do not part it the same every day. I typically let it part where ever it wants to.

Do not use your husband's baldness shampoo. There is only one product approved for females and it's Minoxidil (Rogaine).

May I ask - are you losing your hair? If not why are you worrying? :blush: You would still be a beautiful person with or without it.
    SuziQ

I think it is Rogaine, but I will double check when I get home.

My hair is thinner than it used to be, it seems. But when I was younger, we thinned it, routinely, because I had a lot of hair. It is a little bit of an irrational fear, like the fear I used to have about my teeth falling out, but because it does happen, and to most women, from what I've observed, as they get older, I worry.

My husband would definitely NOT find baldness in me beautiful. I would have to do something. Of that I am certain.

PS -- and I think your hair looks amazing!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I can't say that hair loss has ever been something I've worried about. The women in my family have been blessed with an abundance of hair.

Mine thinned when my husband had his accident ... I guess stress and worry did that. But then it grew back as thick or thicker than before, and it seems slightly curlier.

I've had precancer and the suggestion that it was possible I might need treatment where I would lose my hair ... but that didn't worry me because it usually grows back, and meanwhile there are scarves, hats and wigs. I could probably have about 6 short wigs made from my own hair!!

But yes, I echo that a visit to a dermatologist would be beneficial if you really think it could happen to you.

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Female pattern baldness runs in my family. Women usually wear a scarf or nothing at all are proud with or without hair. We figure we’re getting old if a man says *kitten* will point to their bald spots to tummy.Shuts them up pretty quickly. Finding out diluted rosemary oil works on me I passed that knowledge to Daughter. Told my Cousin she’s trying it her hairs been falling out awhile now last we spoke she noticed new hairs where she sprayed. I still find it weird that this works for us.

Amber Tx

JRs on the potty 🚽 as I type. How come a few minutes in I have to go too! You know toddlers take forever
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,727 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My first fall in 2020, going to the gym, black ice. I turned my head to hear what kirby was saying, big mistake. Hit my head hard. Gonna get a nice war wound on my hip too. Rookie mistake

I'm pretty sure you wear a helmet ... am I right? Did it crack?

Machka in Oz

you know I do! that saved my head. I know the rule about helmet replacement and crashes
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,727 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

apple watch only
    fell - :0(

bike ride hm 2 gym, fell, black ice- 12.28min, 7.8amph, 1.62mi= 73c
    MANUAL TREADMILL, walk- 30min, 1.65mi= 188c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, slow, black ice- 10.05min, 8.8amph, 1.48mi= 61c
    walk sta 2 wrk, black ice, slow- 12.05min, .64mi= 68c
    walk sta 2 wrk 2 sta- 9.56min, .46mi= 86c
    bike ride dome 2 hm-, slow ride- 24.32min, 6.3amph, 2.57mi= 146c

total cal 622
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Shingles vaxes done. Took all morning because we had to bus to my Dr and bus to his Dr and bus home.

Napped when I got home. The first week back to work always tires me out but the changes in weather systems might have contributed ... and morning ... and maybe the vaccine.

It's been raining!

We're getting a band from Cyclone Blake.

Machka in Oz