Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    FatimaStarts - I'm back, thank you for looking for me. My stress related symptoms have reared it's ugly head the last several days.

My dad passed away and my brothers and I are starting to take care of the red tape etc. with selling the homestead, dealing with land...anyone who has gone through this knows it's extremely stressful, then dealing with a very sick husband on top of that.

You have been SUCH an inspiration to this group, you have a heart of gold. <3o:)

Thank you !!
  • ladycopnh1
    I am in awe as to how big this group has grown. I got tired of trying to find a group that I could relate to and people who could relate to what I am going through, and WOW !!! I am in awe. :o

I want to WELCOME; basana0909, monaraehill2, kkaczmarek77, kajuae74, pyro_guy7, estherpotter1, slackajawea, shaykinhand, & lionamacorm.

First and foremost - everyone 200pds and over are welcome to our group and if God bless your heart, you loose weight to be under 200pds, we are NOT going to vote you off the island, you are stuck with us until you reach your goal, whatever that may be AND we are here to help you maintain.

One thing for CathyRocky - you keep telling us what your cooking and we are ALL gonna show up to your house for dinner. Everything you have cooked so far sounds sooooooo good !!
  • Went to butcher, and there is a rabbit and a pheasant thawing on the counter! I'm going to have a really luxe week with that game meat. Especially nice to know the rabbits are raised by a backyard breeder one county over. That's local meat.

I have been to the store, I have gotten the cat food (I also am owned by two!) and now I am sitting down and letting my feet get over being stood on for an hour. What with the wrecks and such, they don't like to be stood on. I will never get over that, but I'm hoping that when I have less poundage to ask them to carry they'll be okay longer at a time.
  • ladycopnh1
    Sorry to say we have a number of people who we haven't heard from lately, I would like to send a "We Care" note out to;

AndreamWas
    JJChiri
    Blankr3
    sewingdance
    dustyspal
    jussilu
    gibbsken
    ponytail75
    xbeltbrain
    MrsAmyMcki
    suelee2963
    kathyjackson

We miss hearing from you and your success or stress,
    We are here for you either way.
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Rocky and I would love to have company for dinner, anytime! Tonight we shared a small sirloin steak, cooked medium rare, brown rice and broccoli. He won't eat rice or most veggies, although he likes sweet potatoes.

Today was a very big day for us. I adopted two cats from our local shelter and brought them home this morning. They are brothers and have been at the facility for over a year. There are 165 more cats there waiting for furever homes. I have no idea how Rocky will react when he realizes they are here. I have them in the third floor, with access to a bedroom on the second floor. Their names are Buster and Bruiser. I will very slowly introduce them, through a secure baby gate, and in the end I think they will be great friends.

So, day seventeen. My blood sugar readings are the best they've ever been. I'm being so thoughtful about what I put in my mouth and it shows. I can't wait to see my Dr in March and show a decent weight loss and much improved A1c reading.

I'm so happy to have this group to check in every day. You ladies are the best!
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    tawtyping wrote: »
    Not posted for a little while, things just stayed the same for me but good news, I’m down 1.2 lbs!!! I’m trying to increase my exercise but remembering to not over do it. Slow and steady!
    Got the first session of diabetes prevention today as the steroids I was put on after my stroke made me prediabetic. Wish me luck!!

Tawtyping, what is your dog's name? He looks just like my Rocky. I was diagnosed with diabetes a little over a year ago, and while I'm no expert, I'm happy to share my experience if you ever want to chat!
  • LeslieAresa
    LeslieAresa Posts: 13 Member
    Hello,
    Is too late to join? I am fit in this group well. I lost 64lbs (goal was to lose 80lbs) and I was 20 lbs from my goal weight. Unfortunately, I gained almost all my weight back and I need help as well accountability. I am very disgusted and I can't get myself motivated. Oh I currently weight 245lbs
  • There's a bad storm passing through, and I had a severe fibro flare. But I ate a rational dinner, and I am going to just stay here on the couch until it's late enough that I can go up to bed. (If I go to bed now I'll be up at 3 am AWAKE! and that's no good.) One good thing about it is that there's no food in reach, and if it's not in reach I hurt too much to get up and get it.
  • Basana0909
    Basana0909 Posts: 31 Member
    I totally can relate I have endometriosis and IC hoping and praying U feel better !! ❤️❤️
  • Basana0909
    Leslie , you and me both I am 232 it’s been tough but we’ve got to do this for our health I absolutely LOVE this thread and need it soooo badly the support is a big part of our journey WEVE GOT THIS GIRL !!! 💪💪💪❤️❤️❤️
  • Basana0909
    Taw , exactly slow and steady wins the race !!! Awesome on losing the weight keep pushing !!! ❤️❤️💪💪💪
  • Basana0909
    I haven’t been on here in the past few days was getting down and depressed bc I’ve been doing everything right in trying to lose and it’s been so hard I was researching why this is and I came across an article about how people who are always constipated ( that’s me ) have junk in their colon that’s been there for a long time and was reading about how people in my situation have tried enemas everyday for two weeks to cleanse their colon and got rid of 10 to 20 pounds of waste that’s been clogged up forever anyhow I’ve done an enema for two days now and have lost 4 lbs wanted to throw this out there for anyone going thru the same thing with constipation once my colon is all cleaned out I will start to take psyllium husk to stay regular !!! Sorry for the long post lol hope it helps someone in the same boat as me glta !! ❤️❤️💪💪🙏🙏
  • Basana0909
    Ladycop , so sorry to hear about ur loss God rest his soul 🙏🙏 thank you for the welcome I love the feeling of belonging here God bless U for ur support !! 🙏🙏❤️❤️
  • Basana0909
    Fatima , U go girl awesome work keep it up !!! You inspire me ❤️🙏
  • Basana0909
    Celticck , good for U on the control that’s what I’m working on learning how to say stop when I want to eat more I have been walking away from the table and when I return I no longer want to eat anymore it’s been working for me keep up the good work !!!
  • Basana0909
    Fatima , how many calories r u eating a day ?!
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    Hi! I'd love to join too, a bit late.
    I'm Sarah and I'm currently 217 (as of my weigh in today. 2 pounds down since the start of the month.) I have PCOS so losing weight is super hard for me and sometimes this app can be a bit disappointing. It'll tell me I'm staying under my calorie limit and I'm likely to be "x" weight in so many weeks, and it juts hurts my feelings when I'm not even close to that. Regardless, I keep moving on! I've been in the 200's for about 3 years now after a bad knee injury and I have a wedding in 2 years! I want to look my best for it and for the rest of my life!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2020
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    FatimaStarts - I'm back, thank you for looking for me. My stress related symptoms have reared it's ugly head the last several days.

My dad passed away and my brothers and I are starting to take care of the red tape etc. with selling the homestead, dealing with land...anyone who has gone through this knows it's extremely stressful, then dealing with a very sick husband on top of that.

You have been SUCH an inspiration to this group, you have a heart of gold. <3o:)

Thank you !![/quote

@ladycopnh1 - so so sorry to hear about your dad and also the stressers related. & speedy recovery to your dear husband.

Can you believe, it’s so weird to hear that i’m an inspiration to Anyone (especially a GROUP)? anyway thank you for that huge compliment.
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2020
    Basana0909 wrote: »
    Fatima , how many calories r u eating a day ?![/quote

mfp has me at 1550 daily calories, and i eat every single one of them. weekends are tough, i typically eat all my exercise cal’s as well
    & i inspire you, you ladies are far too kind. omg! thank you!!!
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    edited January 2020
    CathyRocky, Thank you so much for the offer. My baby’s called Lexi. She’s so sweet and cuddly and makes us laugh with her personality! A totally spoiled pooch! Would love to see a photo of Rocky! Hope all goes well with the cats. Lexi is not really sure what a cat is and just looks at them in wonder!