NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @its_cleo Oh a hot tub would be nice! ;) I don't think it is silly that you are concerned about how Monkey would do while you were away, not at all. But hopefully she would be okay while you were gone. Everyone needs a break. I get the anxiety about flying.

@cbabie Well 12 more minutes is a start in the right direction! I'm glad you are taking it seriously. I know you will figure it out soon. Yes, we want your sweet self around for as long as possible! <3 I just read your second message. I'm glad you are feeling better!

@joannadavison Congrats on your loss, woo hoo! The Greek Quesadillas...you can click on the title of the recipe to see the recipe, but I'll tell you what is in them anyway: you use flour tortillas and what's inside is red onion, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives (kalamata olives), parsley, cheddar cheese and to serve with it optionally you can use tzatziki. I'm not serving the tzatziki, just having the quesadillas. :D Tiramisu...yum!!! I love that stuff. Quorn products are available at a lot of the supermarkets. You mostly see a lot of Morningstar Farm products, do you have those there? I'm talking about what is available in SoCal. There are starting to be other products as well.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah the metal band looks really nice but it isn't comfortable to sleep in. Yes, I tracked yesterday and pre-tracked today! :) WTG at the theatre with the popcorn!

COMMITTED.
    January goal: track 1 meal a day, go for a walk 1 time a week
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @joannadavison How was the hair appointment? I hope you feel refreshed

@Its_cleo Sorry to hear about your wrist, I'm glad you were able to fit physical activity back in. And as my partner reminds me, you deserve a life too, it doesn't always have to be around the fur babies. You only live once, its only two weeks, she will be fine, and you will regret it if you don't go. Enjoy that vacation!

@Nighthazel01 It is hard to be stuck at home around so much tempting food, way to go!

@theslightedgeforever How did the brunch go? And I agree, serving containers are the best for portion control!

@cbabie Oh my goodness, 3 hours a sleep per night?! No wonder you're struggling! I'd be a complete zombie

@trooworld That bath invention sounds like a great idea! How relaxing!

@TeresaW1020 Definitely don't ignore that knee pain! Maybe a different lower impact program might be a better fit?

Happy Monday all! I have the day off, so I am, you guessed it, still working through these piles upon piles of homework and dissertation prep-work. My brain feels like mush and I miss human interaction! But I definitely need today to get some stuff done for the week ahead so I'm glad I have it. I forgot to weigh in this morning (I think my weigh in day needs to be Tuesday since my Monday brain just isn't on top of things!) so I'll take a look tomorrow. I went a bit off the rails Saturday but otherwise I haven't been doing too bad. I'm meal prepping wraps to bring to work and roasted pork, broccoli, and squash for dinners (yum!). Hope all of your weekends went well!
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited January 2020
    @theslightedgeforever Quorn is a trademark name of a vegetarian & vegan protein. It's from a fungus similar to mushroom & originally found near Quorn Village, hence the name. It was first sold in UK in late 80s. We tend to buy the mince & pieces- sometimes the fillets or sausages- this means we get lean protein in diet but also means we can just substitute it in dishes such as curries, chillies, casseroles. I wouldn't eat a fillet instead of a peice of chicken! 😜
    My Gran's generation would wear hats 👒for afternoon tea. (She's be 113 if still alive!)

@cbabie now I just want to drink elderberry wine! 🥂

@TeresaW1020 knees are difficult. They take so much stress from our bodies. Hope you can manage to do some helpful exercise. We've just had Sweet Potato & Blackbean Quesadillas- 1st time- mmmmmmm😋

@trooworld that's good if Quorn in supermarkets. We used to buy it in UK then struggle to get it in France & Luxembourg. Germany had started stocking a small range of products last time we were there. Not heard of Morningstar Farm- are they vegetarian?

@mswatson0777 yes my hair is looking shiny & I have no grey roots! We've had a mega homework night- both the girls & I've been marking exam papers. 2 more sets at work. I don't envy you. I still can remember my Master's dissertation like it was recent- (16 years ago!).

Our housegroup cancelled tonight, too many ill/away. I'm now going to chill out with tea, huge glass of water & something mindless on Netflix or Prime!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @cbabie Yaaay on more sleep for you. That's the path to health. Each day it's the little choices that will help keep you on the right path. Now my voice sounds bad. Let's hope this is temporary.

@teresaw1020 I love quesadillas and had one before the movie the other night. Then dh says you're STILL going to eat popcorn. Well, yes. It was the first thing planned on my food tracker. I was working the other food around it. He is funny now that when we want to go out to eat the first thing he will say is we need to go where you want to go because of your diet. (which I hate that word and keep telling him that ) I'm thinking you are supposed to be on a DIET too for cholesterol purposes. I just tell him that I can eat anything because I planned for it and he's the one that should be planning. :# Although he didn't help today when he decided to buy a loaf of brioche bread. Yeah, that' s like crack to me but I did figure out how to eat 3 slices and stay OP. Just reduce and cancel the rest of the dinner meal items that were planned like sweet potatoes and corn. I think I'm going to have to freeze the rest. I've done well with the banana bread sitting there. This is a hard one though.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I love tzatziki sauce. I could just dip a pita bread in that and forget all the other stuff inside. That sounds good though. I will have to try that. Woohoo on your tracking. I got in all my water too but was up all night cause I left it too late in the day. Oh well. Try again only earlier this time

@mswatson0777 Brunch went really well and tomorrow night I have a birthday party to go to. Social eating is a big part of my life and I usually do okay with that it's the other in between at home part I struggle with cause that's when I need to cut back to fit the other stuff in. I'm just learning to do that in the last 6 months. Just taking it day by day. Good for you for meal prepping ahead. I think weigh in day is whatever day works for you. Years ago I switched to a Thursday. Monday was always up because of my weekends. This way I can get bookclub over with and the weekend and then have 3-4 days to pull it back in to lose weight for the week. That was my old way of thinking. Sometimes I didn't pull it back in. Now I know that everyday needs to be an OP plan for me to be successful in the long run.

@joannadavison You lost me with the word fungus. lol Yes I know mushrooms are fungus. But still..... I don't like to think about it like I don't like to think about what is inside hot dogs. Ooh another yummy idea for quesadillas. Thanks. Sometimes I love when I have events that get cancelled. Just a time to do nothing and chill like you said.

Red Day- Stayed OP 98/100 carbs Exercise 42 min walking in the mall
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Morning all, Just a quick note before work. Didnt sleep good last night...but will strive tonight to be better. I so need to teach my DH about health..he concerns me...so my next project will be him...LOL . Still trying to figure out when I can get on my treadmill...just don't want to when I get home from work..I have for 20 years done it 4-5am....

@thdslightedgeforever hope this is just temporary...if you lost your voice...LOL I can see your DH jumping for joy..:)

@joannadavison I laughed at the wine..LOL . Glad you got to chill, Sweet Potato & Blackbean Quesadillas- sound so yummy. I love Sweet Potatoes

@mswatson0777 Yea my DH would be too..I have always required little sleep, but I also know as I get older I have to refresh..LOL . hope you got all your homework done.

@trooworld I am not sure what tzatziki. is but the greek Quesadillas sound awesome.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 It was! Lucky you to have the day off, I'm sorry you are inundated with work though. :( I had to work. A lot of people had the day off so traffic was really good, which was a relief.

@joannadavison Yes, I've seen Quorn in some supermarkets here. Morningstar Farms is completely vegetarian. They are found everywhere here, even in Target! Here is a list of their products: https://www.morningstarfarms.com/products.html

@theslightedgeforever I love it, too, but it was just another thing I would have to make (or buy) so I axed it from the list lol. I drank more water yesterday than I have in months, too! Yay us! I get up all night peeing anyway TMI I know lol.

@cbabie Tzatziki is made with cucumbers, garlic, Greek yogurt and spices and it's yummy! I do hope that the quesadillas are good. I'm sure they will be.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning ladies! I'm just doing a quick check-in before heading out to get my hair cut and colored and then go grocery shopping. Making pulled pork for dinner so I have to go put the meat in the crockpot. It's a rest day for exercising, which is good because I don't have much time today and my arms are killing me from the last two days. I've upped my weights which feels awesome and I'm walking on the treadmill to baby the knees. So far they are improving. Have a great day!! <3
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @TeresaW1020 glad your knees are getting better. Definitely good to go slow and take care of them.

@cbabie Tzaziki is awesome! Yes- I hope you can work at setting the schedule for the baby so you can sleep! It may help her to go to bed earlier too.

@theslightedgeforever yeah you have a lot of social events, I don’t have enough lol. It is hard to cut calories to make them fit in. Do you take your own popcorn to the movies?

My hiking club is meeting this Friday but I’m not going, bc they will be going to a bar Friday and I don’t feel like sitting in a bar and drinking- unusual for me! But partly it’s a lot of calories.

This weekend I will be having my semi-regular brunch with my uncle and that is when I will splurge a bit with a food treat.

@joannadavison I don’t know if they have Quorn here, I had never heard of it before. Have you always been a vegetarian?

@trooworld those Greek quesadillas look yummy. Sometimes I make them with chicken.

Everyone- I know you’re right about my cat Monkey and going on vacation. I had some spare time today and did some internet surfing of tour companies in Iceland. I got a bit more excited. I think August looks feasible. Yeah I like hiking, would like to do a glacier hike, see puffins, and you can snorkel in one spot. Lots of waterfalls to see. I requested a couple books from the library. I would like to hop over to Greenland to but will have to see how the cost/time shakes out. Of course this is assuming I can get it together to book lol. Bc I don't use tour companies I have to research and arrange everything myself so sometimes I am slow with it.

Today- tired but will try to do my stair circuit though they're a bit snowy.
  • mswatson0777
    @its_cleo I hear the hot springs there are TO DIE FOR! I am jealous already, I bet you have an amazing time

@TeresaW1020 I hope you have a wonderful, restful day and that you feel less sore tomorrow

@cbabie I'm with you, I do so much better when I do physical activity right away in the morning. That way I don't have time to talk myself out of it. And good luck on your partner. I've been trying to nudge mine towards healthier habits for years, but nothing has stuck!

@trooworld I used to love light traffic days back when I commuted, its amazing how much it makes a difference!

@theslightedgeforever I'm impressed you do so well with social eating, that's where I struggle the most! And I've officially switched it to Tuesday since that way I have a day to even out a bit after the weekend.

@joannadavison How was your Netflix night? Did you find something good to watch?

As expected I was up on the scale today. I didn't make the best choices over the weekend and hormones were not my friend. I'm hopeful that if I stick with things and stay active this week it'll be back down again next week. I can't believe my trip is in only 2.5 weeks!!! This weekend I'm going to go through my closet to see if I'm missing anything I need to bring along. At the very least I want a big, floppy sun hat and a new swimsuit (the last one I bought was in 2012...I think it's time!)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all--
    @its_cleo Wow, Iceland sounds exciting. Our cousin went there last summer & really liked it. It was on a Hallmark movie the other night..at least it was supposed to be Iceland, lol. Looked pretty.

@TeresaW1020 I am impressed with all the exercises you are doing.

@trooworld Yay for getting more water. I don't do that well with it either, but am trying to only drink it at meals, so that helps a little. Your recipes sound so good. I am a pretty simple cook, lol. My Fitbit has a rubber (maybe silicon?) with air holes that I got pretty cheap from Amazon. Doesn't bother me at all at night, other than when I move & the light flashes, lol. (Charge 2)

@cbabie Glad your cold is doing better. Hope you can keep improving your sleep. As a kid, I seemed to have to go to bed earlier than anyone else, my Mom always said that I needed a lot of sleep. Guess I still do. My dd gave me a diffuser for Christmas, so have been diffusing an oil blend for immunity. Has a lot of cloves in it & some other spices. Trying to avoid all the influenza that they say is around. DH had to get a second round of antibiotics for his sinus infection, hope it is getting better.

@joannadavison Wow, 3# is great!! I like mushrooms, but your description made me think I would not want to try Quark (can't remember exactly what you said, but can't go back or I'll lose all this, lol.) I think I have seen it around somewhere.

@theslightedgeforever It's great you can keep with your plan with all your social activities. & it sounds like your dh is being pretty supportive.

@mswatson I am sure you are looking forward to your cruise to get a break from all your school stuff. Where are you going? My weigh in day is still Monday, but I actually weigh everyday & average it & that's my weigh in weight.

I haave been doing pretty well getting my steps in & slowly getting my calories in line. My average stayed the same this week, but that's better than gaining any more.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2020
    @cbabie You are getting consistent with checking in more so you'll find a good time for your exercise. Tzatziki is that yummy sauce that comes on a gyro.

@trooworld Yaaay on the water.

@teresaw1020 So glad your knees are getting better.

@its_cleo I eat the theater popcorn. I just take my own 1 cup container and keep refilling it until I've eaten the number of cups I can have for the day depending on what else I've already eaten. This last time I ate 5 cups. But the time before that I could only eat 3.75 cups. My daughter would also like to see Iceland. It's on her list.

@mswatson0777 I think I do so well with social eating because I have a lot of practice lol. It's the times when no one is looking that used to be the problem. But I'm getting a handle on that. Right now my mantra is I can be loose with food or be thinner but I can't do both. Even when I make good choices the scale moves upward sometimes. Not fair at all. But then it eventually comes back down. I know some of it is from the sodium in the restaurant food and popcorn I ate.

@retiredandlovingit How did you fare with all the recent snow? That's a good idea about using your average for the weigh in amount. Although I don't think the small increments would keep me motivated. I don't know.

Red Day- Stayed OP 100/100 I went out with a group of friends for a bday party. Since we had two birthdays they brought out two big brownies with ice cream. I was at 98 then. So I had 1/2 a teaspoon bite of the brownie no ice cream and I was done. Food pusher friend kept saying oh come on and eat some. "No thank you, I'm good. I'm done for the day." Then later same food pusher but it's my bday in a "sweet" voice. " Well I hope you are having a good bday but I'm following a program and I'm done for the day. But that leaves more for you all. Enjoy." Then she asked me if I was doing intermittent fasting. lol It's like the whole world is doing that or keto. I said no because I can't stay on it long term because of my social engagements which are at night. Plus I know myself. I can fit alot of food into a short window of time if I really want to. :D But OMG that was a good brownie. Lots of times brownies are dry. So I know where I'm going for my bday. Then while at the party a text came through and the neighbors are getting together tomorrow night to go visit one of the neighbors who is old and sick. That usually involves sweets and such. So more planning for that. I'm just going to not eat dinner and my snack to leave the carbs for that since I don't know what I'll be facing. Breakfast and lunch will be extremely low carb like today. I only have 100 tomorrow to play with. How I wish they would visit on a Thursday. lol Exercise was a rest day.

January Week 3 goal: 3 glasses of water daily. Met goal 1/7 days
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! This week is going by so slowly! lol I'm still tracking, so that's good. I finished my book for my book club a week early, yay! I really liked it. It was "The Round House" by Louise Erdrich. Nothing else to report.

@TeresaW1020 Yum that sounds delicious! I'm glad your knees are improving. I hope you like your haircut!

@its_cleo Chicken sounds like a nice addition! I'm glad you looked into a vacation, you deserve it.

@mswatson0777 Yes! It's such a treat to get home early. ;) Yesterday was light traffic, too. Ah...nice! I'm sorry, I missed something, you are going on a trip??? WHERE? It sounds like somewhere sunny!!! Good for you!

@RetiredAndLovingIt That's a good idea, maybe I'll try to drink a glass of water with each meal too. Thanks re: the recipes. I get bored with recipes, so I have to change them up all the time! Luckily, my husband is pretty adventurous lol! Maybe I'll get a band like yours off Amazon. Yes, maintaining is definitely better than gaining!

@theslightedgeforever thank you! 1/2 teaspoon of brownie? I'm impressed! That's amazing! Well done, my friend! :D

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, going to Iceland and Greenland sounds amazing! You should totally start your planning and go! I’m the same when I travel and like to plan and research every little detail. Not sure if we will get a vacation this year at all with all the expenses we have with bringing my mom here and finishing our backyard. Maybe a weekend getaway later this fall when my mom gets used to the dog and can watch her for us. :)

@mswatson0777, bummer about the scale but you will get it to go back down! Hang that new swimsuit in your kitchen to keep you mindful of your food choices. :D

@RetiredAndLovingIt, yes staying the same over gaining is preferable. I used to go to TOPS (have you heard of it) and when we stayed the same weight, we would say that we turtled. I still say that. Good for you for getting your steps in! B)

@theslightedgeforever, food pushers are such a pain and you handled your friend beautifully! I so admire that you could have a tiny taste of brownie and not dive into the rest of it. :)

@trooworld, I think this week is speeding by! :D Glad, you liked your book. Hubby went to the library and is constantly reading this giant novel and making me jealous that I don’t have my own. I told him that I want to go with. Of course, the question is would I really sit down to read. Hmm?? :p

Good morning! My pulled pork and coleslaw dinner was so yummy last night that we will have it again tonight! :D I finally found a black coffee that I can stand so I can stop using heavy cream in my coffee and do a clean fast for IF. Everything I’ve read says that clean fasting is the way to go so that is what I’m doing even if I don’t love it. I will save my yummy cup of coffee and cream for the afternoon. :) I’m off to workout. Today is shoulders and then I will walk on my treadmill.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all--don't everybody faint--I made it on here 2 days in a row! :D

@trooworld The bands were pretty cheap--I think $10 for 3 bands. I got the large, but there was a long tail, so I also got the small but it was too small so now I wear 1/2 large & 1/2 small, lol. Luckily for me (since I am not big on recipes) both dh & I like simple. Snow predicted for today & next few days, so making chili again tonight. I always drink 16oz of water when I first get up, & another 8 oz when I take my vitamins in am with breakfast. Then with 16oz for 2 meals, I pretty much have it done. I do drink flavored fizzy water with meals, which helps because I used to have Diet Coke pretty much every meal & I am trying to get away from that. Now I only have it when we go out to eat, & then try to only if it is included in meal, lol. Except when we go to dd's in OK, then have a giant one to keep my awake for that trip. ;):)

@TeresaW1020 I am the opposite for trips--I prefer someone else to do the planning & I just go along for the ride, lol. Yes, I have heard of TOPS, and I am definitely turtling! What brand of coffee? I am trying to do IF 16:8 which seems to work for me, but I "have to have" my sugar & Chocolate Coffee Mate, lol. I really would like to be able to drink it black, to save a few calories, but just can't. I know it really isn't necessary either, I lived without it until we got our Keurig, but now I need my "fix". (& its not the caffeine, since most of the time I drink decaf, lol)
    Think it is just a habit for something hot, so I should just do tea. I also like it sweetened, so wouldn't gain much that way.

@theslightedgeforever OOOH--I admire only taking a bite of brownies! I don't think I could have restrained myself that much! I love brownies! We had about 5"snow last week & then rain, so everything had a sheet of ice on it. Looked pretty, but that was the only good thing about it! We are supposed to get up to 4" total Today-Fri. It is snowing lightly now, looks so pretty. We have rabbits in our yard & they are loving the snow. So much fun watching them play in it.

Well, not much more to add. Walked on the treadmill this am (trying to do it first thing & it also helps me delay breakfast for awhile), so have 5500 steps already. We are picking gs up because of early out, so if I don't get more I will go back to treadmill later. Still trying to get 10,000 steps a day & been doing pretty good at it. I also ordered some exercise videos for "old people", I am hoping they will get me start doing something other than walking. I know I need to be doing some strength training.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @theslightedgeforever at least Quorn looks more like meat than mushrooms!!!! UK supermarket chain cafe changed it's vegetarian breakfast- "shroomdogs" 😢 instead of soya sausage!

@cbabie I'm trying to get my DH to use MFP! Since retiring from teaching he's working for a supermarket chain but hours not great for health- good for us but not conducive to healthy mealtimes! Trying to get him to track so he can see that!

@trooworld brilliant thanks. We'll have to look out for those. Target is on our "todo" list. Wish it was in UK! Must try Greek Quesadillas

@TeresaW1020 good news on the knees. Enjoy rest day.

@its_cleo DH & I started cutting out red meat (when I discovered high famial cholesterol), we then cut right back on pork then chicken. Started veggie one New Years Day- although we kept fish for a while. Eventually dropped it but went back to eating it, by chance, when I was pregnant. Must be about 25 years-ish.

@mswatson0777 we ended up watching a missed TV program on catch up!!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Quark is sort of cream cheese. Quorn is the veggie protein! It's alright! LOL!

Feeling very energised after 1.5hours in gym incl 1hour training. Got some new protein flavours- the coconut & vanilla one is gorgeous.
    Starbucks trip tonight to do school planning whilst youngest at Police Cadets.
    Have a good day all.
  • mswatson0777
    @RetiredandLovingIt2 I'm going to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. I'm so excited for warm weather and relaxation! Congrats on holding steady weight-wise and getting all your steps in.

@TeresaW1020 Great idea about the swimsuit, talk about being front and center on my mind! I hope you have a great workout today, I don't envy you on that fast.

@trooworld What was your book about? And I'm going on a cruise in a few weeks and I can't wait!

@theslightedgeforever Food pushers can be so frustrating, good for you for sticking to your guns!

So glad it's already Wednesday! I've had a pretty stressful day at work today so I'm looking forward to getting done here and heading to jiu jitsu class. Thanks to all the work I did this weekend I'm feeling calmer about my course workloads for the week ahead and I'll have a fair amount of time this weekend to get some work done too.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I'm glad you enjoyed your book. We're reading Educated by Tara Westover. I have until the 30th. Yes 1/2 teaspoon. I have a brownie in my freezer that I may or may not indulge in tomorrow. Still haven't decided yet. I have to plan it if I want to eat it.

@teresaw1020 "Turtled" lol Love it. I feel like I turtle all the time cause I'm so slow at this but still moving in the right direction. I'm really working hard to stick with my boundaries. I could have given up the mashed potatoes and gravy and had the brownie instead but I just had brownies last week. So I said I can save them for another time. My question is the opposite of yours Would I sit down to read? Mine would be would I get up and get stuff done?

@retiredandlovingit I feel like saying Elizabeth this is the big one. The young gals on here probably won't get that reference. I need to get a schedule for water. I drink 24 oz of hot tea when I wake up and that carries over to breakfast. Sometimes I have lunch and sometimes I don't. Then another 24 oz of hot tea from about 4-7 pm. Which includes dinner but I'm making a conscious effort to drink a 12 oz mug of water with dinner. If I go to the gym I fill up my water bottle but lately most of my exercise has been walking at the mall and I never think about taking my bottle with me. So I need to work on that too. I'm the same with Diet Coke. I like it with meals outside but I buy 2 a week for home. Sometimes that's my lunch. I used to have a 3 Diet Coke a day habit. I prefer dh to do my planning or my dd. Just tell me when to show up. Good for you for getting in an early morning walk. Plus trying out other new things. I also need to do that too. It's on my list. lol So was decluttering but then company showed up and here it is January is almost over. So onto February.

@joannadavison I can't eat too much soy because of breast cancer risk. I do like edamame though. I set my dh up on MFP too. He used it for about first 3 days and then nothing. He says I know what to eat. Yeah right. lol I can see that. Sounds like you had a great workout. Good for you.

@mswatson0777 I'm living vicariously through you. Enjoy the cruise. One of my 100 day books for 2019 had food pushers in it and how we were to learn the skills of how to push back. So that's a work in progress. I'm glad you are feeling calmer now. I think it helps making good food choices.

Red Day- Stayed OP 93/100 carbs Exercise - 30 min walking club

So another successful social event. Another skill in my book was learning to say No not yet, I'll have some later, thank you and then I determine when "later" is.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Well, if you can't sit down to read, you can always try audiobooks (which you can also get from the library, either on CD or download from the library for free usually). I love them! I listen to them not only on my commute but when I am cooking or cleaning too! I'm glad you found a black coffee that you can tolerate lol. Which one is it?

@RetiredAndLovingIt LOL! You are going to make it a habit if you don't watch out. ;) I love chili, nothing better than chili and perfect for a snow day! I do cheat and put water enhancers in my water sometimes, but hey, if it gets me to drink my water, I think it's okay, right?

@joannadavison Target is awesome! It's got everything. ;) We are having the Greek Quesadillas tonight, will let you know how they are.

@mswatson0777 Your trip sounds amazing!!! I'm so excited for you. "The Round House": it takes place on an Indian reservation, an Indian woman is attacked. She is so distraught from the attack, that she can't really help much in helping catch the attacker. Her 13-year old son tries to find her attacker and bring him to justice with the help of his closest friends. What ensues will change his life forever. It is riveting! I highly recommend it. It won the National Book Award.

@theslightedgeforever I've read that book, I really really liked it. You have iron-willpower! :) I've used that "I'll have some later" before and then later never comes and that is okay by me. :D

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @joannadavison Starbucks makes school planning sound like so much more fun. And 90 minutes at the gym is impressive!

@trooworld Sounds fascinating! Once I have a break in classes I'll have to add it to my reading list!

@theslightedgeforever That sounds like a fantastic resource! I'm fortunate I don't really have any food pushers in my life so we all just eat our own things and go on with our lives. I think the rise of knowledge on food allergies/preferences has really helped reduce this and it's definitely working in my favor.

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday, boy was I disappointed! Other than that, I'm in a much better head space today. I went to a 2 hour class last night and ended up just laughing the entire time with my friend, it was exactly what I needed! The crazy part is I almost didn't go because the weather was awful and I was in a pretty bad headspace (which is when I need to go the most!). Hope today goes well for you all!