New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    The Klondike donuts do look good. Any idea on the calories?

Around 230. There's a pic of the boxes with info around here somewhere.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2020
    f4e0ubza02ks.jpeg
    I have been craving salt n vinegar chips lately. I saw these at wegmans. I've never had pink himalayan sea salt and vinegar chips so I decided to pick them up since they were on sale too. I haven't tried them yet but am curious to see if they taste or look any different from regular salt and vinegar chips. (I doubt it though lol )
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Never knew this existed but its an all night cookie delivery service called Insomnia Cookies. Was at a birthday party last night where they ordered them (and a cookie cake). I didn't expect anything great but WOW they were incredible! They came warm and goey fresh out of the oven. I had trouble deciding on a flavor which is why this also goes in the "if it didn't have calories" thread because I wanted to try them all plus the entire cookie cake. I ended up splitting a snickerdoodle and reeses peanut butter cup with my friend. 10/10 for both they were delicious. I loved that the reeses peanut butter had warm goey peanut butter chips and huge chunks of reeses cups baked into it and on top! The snickerdoodle was warm and had the perfect amount of cinnamon. I wanted to try them ALL! They also make smores, double chocolate, sugar cookie, mint chocolate, plain peanut butter, m&M, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin etc.

ysktuq505hwb.png
    nd7s4wtqyscp.png

The cookie cake was PHENOMENAL! Way better than Mrs. Fields or any cookie cake I've had in the past. I loved that it was delivered warm.

I ate way too many calories in cookies last night LOL.

omg Insomnia... reminds me of college. We had one on campus and would cater for the Ad club I was a part of :D
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Never knew this existed but its an all night cookie delivery service called Insomnia Cookies. Was at a birthday party last night where they ordered them (and a cookie cake). I didn't expect anything great but WOW they were incredible! They came warm and goey fresh out of the oven. I had trouble deciding on a flavor which is why this also goes in the "if it didn't have calories" thread because I wanted to try them all plus the entire cookie cake. I ended up splitting a snickerdoodle and reeses peanut butter cup with my friend. 10/10 for both they were delicious. I loved that the reeses peanut butter had warm goey peanut butter chips and huge chunks of reeses cups baked into it and on top! The snickerdoodle was warm and had the perfect amount of cinnamon. I wanted to try them ALL! They also make smores, double chocolate, sugar cookie, mint chocolate, plain peanut butter, m&M, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin etc.

ysktuq505hwb.png
    nd7s4wtqyscp.png

The cookie cake was PHENOMENAL! Way better than Mrs. Fields or any cookie cake I've had in the past. I loved that it was delivered warm.

Oh, gods... I just looked it up, there's one near me... 😬
  • blujp
    blujp Posts: 30 Member

ysktuq505hwb.png
    nd7s4wtqyscp.png

Oh man these were so dangerous when I was in college. I used to order them all the time, they had a thing where it was a scoop of ice cream, your choice of cookie and then toppings (I usually got reeses). I'm SO glad there's no insomnia's where I live now because I would be in trouble.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »

ysktuq505hwb.png
    nd7s4wtqyscp.png

glassyo wrote: »
    Oh THANK GOD(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm out of their delivery range.

To fully appreciate Insomnia and get the full experience you need to go there at 2 AM and order the cookies fresh and sit at the counter with a bottle of chocolate milk. They make the cookies up front so the place always smells SO GOOD! (think ice cream shops that make their own waffle cones). Yum!

Why are you evil?

I mean, I often think that but sometimes it needs to be asked.

:)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Great. I officially want one of those cookies :D I'll take a regular chocolate chip warm out of the oven, please :)
  • Mountain Dew Zero (haven't had regular Mt. Dew since high school). It's definitely not as horrid as diet mt. dew but it's not as carbonated as the reg soda so it tastes quite syrupy.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    i5dpii98v03e.jpg

"Klondike Donuts are rolling out in stores in Boston Cream, Triple Chocolate, and Frosted Strawberry flavors."
    "Klondike Donuts are available at Meijer and Kroger now, the three flavors will be available nationwide in March 2020"

More info: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/klondike-donut-ice-cream-bars-152300845.html

@hgycta where u at?!

Mmm they look good out of the package too. r7oqaaeo6dgb.jpeg

Are they donuts or an ice cream shaped like a donut 🤔
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2020
    I ordered chick o stick again and this time it was the new formula. I looked it up and I guess they changed the formula recently and took out the red dye. Old is on right new on left. The old was so much more light and flaky and EXACTLY a butterfinger. (these aren’t as much now) The newer ones are more dense and 10 more calories for the bigger ones. The coconut is less toasted and not as fine, flaky and throughout the bar. Not happy they changed...JUST LIKE BUTTERFINGER.

Going to buy up all the old recipe ones while I can find them. I was so happy I thought I finally found a replacement.a8xsdlx2urg2.jpeg

You can make a pretty close copy of butterfingers at home with candy corn and peanut butter.The recipe is 1 pound candy corn
    1 18 ounce jar crunchy peanut butter
    .5 package chocolate chips
    1 tablespoon vegetable shortening

Microwave the candy corn for 30 seconds on high. Stir and repeat until smooth and JUST melted.
    Stir in the peanut butter until well blended. Press into a parchment paper (baking paper) lined 9X13 pan.
    Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Melt the chocolate chips and the shortening, then spread over the
    candy. Allow chocolate to set before cutting. You can also cut before you put on the chocolate and dip to cover then allow to set.

Thank you! I am going to try this!

ysktuq505hwb.png
    nd7s4wtqyscp.png

To fully appreciate Insomnia and get the full experience you need to go there at 2 AM and order the cookies fresh and sit at the counter with a bottle of chocolate milk. They make the cookies up front so the place always smells SO GOOD! (think ice cream shops that make their own waffle cones). Yum!

Why are you evil?

I mean, I often think that but sometimes it needs to be asked.

:)

wve3k00z24pe.jpg
    8lb6c6v9t9zh.jpg

Just gonna leave these here :)

...... OMG the pics....yesssssss. I've been craving cookies straight for days now. I think I just need to save up some calories for a few days and buy myself a 6 pack :D . What I LOVED was how the chunks of chocolate were so big and since they are warm they are nice and melted and soft.

Saw this, probably won't buy but would try if they give out samples.
    djvzvx8p6p2a.png

y101ryzl8ty1.png
    I am a sucker for anything funfeti flavored.

Interested to try the vegan one. snfoo1vpqizw.png

upogj0opbodl.png

atl6pjsw78gn.png
    Some stuff I saw on impulsive buy that looks interesting.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member

ysktuq505hwb.png
    nd7s4wtqyscp.png

Just looked it up and the closest one for me is an hour & half away from me!! However my daughter is looking to go to college in that town so this could bite me in the butt later on!!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

ysktuq505hwb.png
    nd7s4wtqyscp.png

Just looked it up and the closest one for me is an hour & half away from me!! However my daughter is looking to go to college in that town so this could bite me in the butt later on!!

They’re mostly in college towns since the business was started by a student and caters primarily to students. My college town had a very similar local business.