New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2020
    At Walmart I found the Most Stuf Oreos (coming back for a limited time), the new Cheetos Popcorn, & finally the Fruit Loop Pop-Tarts. I also bought the Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Pop Tarts.

I'll have to keep a look out for the new Ben & Jerry's flavor & the Toll House Funfetti cookie dough.

Has anyone tried this?

Starburst-Cherry-Singles-To-Go-Drink-Mix.jpeg?resize=600%2C800&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Mountain Dew Zero (haven't had regular Mt. Dew since high school). It's definitely not as horrid as diet mt. dew but it's not as carbonated as the reg soda so it tastes quite syrupy.

I'm a fan of Diet Mountain Dew & Pepsi Zero Sugar & just tried the Mountain Dew Zero Sugar (found it at Walmart) & find it tastes like Sprite. I'm not usually a Sprite/7-Up fan, but I'll suck it up & finish the rest of the pack I bought.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,809 Member
    At Walmart I found the Most Stuf Oreos (coming back for a limited time), the new Cheetos Popcorn, & finally the Fruit Loop Pop-Tarts. I also bought the Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Pop Tarts.

I'll have to keep a look out for the new Ben & Jerry's flavor & the Toll House Funfetti cookie dough.

Has anyone tried this?

The pink and blue starburst flavors are a major hit at my house. Haven't seen the Cherry but really want to find that
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2020

Has anyone tried this?

The pink and blue starburst flavors are a major hit at my house. Haven't seen the Cherry but really want to find that

I really want to try the strawberry one. The only flavor starburst I like!

So I tried the Himalayan sea salt n vinegar chips and they were VERY underwhelming. They were not even pink and looked like regular chips. They did not have a nice coating of salt n vinegar like I like. They just tasted like plain chips with not enough salt and a mild vinegar flavor. 0/10 would not buy again. plepl4zqs9a7.pngjqethttata08.png

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    6qkzszjc34kv.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    I love pretzels in round form!!! rog5nbk0n7mo.jpeg they come in butter too.

Used to always like HK Anderson’s butter rounds.

yummm. now imagine if they were cheese filled
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member

So I tried the Himalayan sea salt n vinegar chips and they were VERY underwhelming. They were not even pink and looked like regular chips.

Himalayan sea salt is pinkish in bulk from trace minerals, but a small amount scattered over potato chips or popcorn - no, it won't ever look pink. I like Lesser Evil popcorn made with coconut oil and Himalayan sea salt, but salt is pretty much just salt to me. I like the coconut oil.

The oil is the important thing if you want something like that to taste good. May not matter so much for heavily flavored foods. But for plain chips or popcorn or nuts or seeds or peanuts, I religiously avoid any that use canola oil, soybean oil, or cottonseed oil. Every other oil I've tried tastes good for such items: corn, peanut, safflower, sunflower, olive, coconut, avocado, almond, etc. So I try any new or reformulated item that is not made with the Evil Three.

But if canola, soybean, or cottonseed oil is even a possibility (those or/and lists in the ingredients) - nope, won't waste my money and taste buds on them. Good chips and nuts always zip downward in quality and especially taste when a company switches to them. Don't know why they think cottonseed oil is appealing, but they put yucky canola oil into products today because it is both cheap and mistakenly hyped as "healthy".
  • pancakerunner
    rbg1sk23ugme.jpg
    0k1y39bwebba.jpg
    l69d0kejm3se.jpg
    hycblursow9x.jpg
    s6kk03sayd0f.jpg
    i3ksuw3icbty.jpg
    y8o0tmq67w15.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2020
    hycblursow9x.jpg
    i3ksuw3icbty.jpg
    y8o0tmq67w15.jpg

I was wondering when Halo Top was going to come out with something new.

Jelly Donut, Banana Cream Pie, & White Chocolaty Macadamia are the flavors I would try out of that bunch.
  • pancakerunner
    5i8uywu2t3wj.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I tried the Coke Zero energy drinks. They are a tad odd. Have the Coke Zero taste but mixed with a flavor from the typical plain energy drinks. Not quite sure if I like it though don’t hate it either. On the fence though cold is a little better than room temp.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I know they changed the packaging this year so I maybe I never noticed this flavor before, but sweet fancy. New favorite.

orange-dark-chocolate-twist_scround_60067-1-768x553.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I know they changed the packaging this year so I maybe I never noticed this flavor before, but sweet fancy. New favorite.

orange-dark-chocolate-twist_scround_60067-1-768x553.png

OMG YESSSSS ORANGE chocolate is such an underrated flavor!!!!!!

Also FREE SNACK BAG bamba. Just email then your address. Should work even if you didn’t win lol bamba@osemusa.comui8yxzcr6dq1.jpeg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Not a food product... Dr. Squatch soap! :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Limited-Edition-Froot-Loops-Pop-Tarts.jpeg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1

This is definitely a Froot Loop Pop-Tart! I'm honestly impressed that Kellogg's nailed the flavor to a T, but with that said the flavor is almost way too potent (almost needs to be dunked into some milk like regular Froot Loops).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    njurla5s0r71.jpeg
    obr1ik5eciao.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Limited-Edition-Froot-Loops-Pop-Tarts.jpeg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1

This is definitely a Froot Loop Pop-Tart! I'm honestly impressed that Kellogg's nailed the flavor to a T, but with that said the flavor is almost way too potent (almost needs to be dunked into some milk like regular Froot Loops).

These actually sound really good because I love fruit loops.