Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

16667697172204

Replies

  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,427 Member Member Posts: 7,427 Member
    The best thing is raw bell pepper ice cream.

    Okay, kidding. I'd try it, though.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,427 Member Member Posts: 7,427 Member
    If I could keep only one dessert food and lose all the rest, I think I'd keep ice cream.
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 793 Member Member Posts: 793 Member
    Pizza is *kitten* and reheated eggs aren’t so bad....
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 793 Member Member Posts: 793 Member
    Carbs on pizza is an abomination. Brownies that are ALMOST baked are the best. Jk I’d eat raw dough/batter whenever.
  • LiftNRiotLiftNRiot Member Posts: 464 Member Member Posts: 464 Member
    I'll eat cottage cheese on rice or mashed potatos or baked potatos
  • nooshi713nooshi713 Member Posts: 4,569 Member Member Posts: 4,569 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I love pineapple, but it does not belong on pizza.

    Meat does not belong on pizza.

    Jalepenos are gross.

    Sashimi, rare steak, or any undercooked meat is not safe to eat.

    Clam chowder is gross. Clams are mollusks, so basically snails.

    White chocolate is blasphemy.

    Come on...........

    100% truth.
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Member Posts: 24,335 Member Member Posts: 24,335 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    My unpopular opinions about food?

    Don't order the steak if you are going to kill it by ordering it well done.

    Not unpopular. Correct, of course, but not unpopular.
    If you put potatoes or spaghetti noodles in your chili, you're nuts. It's goulash at that point.

    I think chili on potatoes is good, although I didn't know it was a thing. I'm also good with Cincinnati chili.
    Tapioca pudding is a sin.

    I think my opinion is the unpopular one here, which is that tapioca pudding is not actually all that bad.

    I've just started making Cincinnati chili (ATK recipe) in the last few years and love it! My OH thinks it's weird.

    I like tapioca pudding. Do people not like it because of the texture?

    I've used small pearls in the past but got some large pearls recently to make bobo tea, and they didn't work out so am going to try "fish eye" pudding one of these days.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 20,855 Member Member, Premium Posts: 20,855 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    My unpopular opinions about food?

    Don't order the steak if you are going to kill it by ordering it well done.

    Not unpopular. Correct, of course, but not unpopular.
    If you put potatoes or spaghetti noodles in your chili, you're nuts. It's goulash at that point.

    I think chili on potatoes is good, although I didn't know it was a thing. I'm also good with Cincinnati chili.
    Tapioca pudding is a sin.

    I think my opinion is the unpopular one here, which is that tapioca pudding is not actually all that bad.

    I've just started making Cincinnati chili (ATK recipe) in the last few years and love it! My OH thinks it's weird.

    I like tapioca pudding. Do people not like it because of the texture?

    I've used small pearls in the past but got some large pearls recently to make bobo tea, and they didn't work out so am going to try "fish eye" pudding one of these days.

    Yes, for me it's the texture.

    Most foods I dislike are about the texture: Tapioca in the little-blob forms, lima beans (mealy), seaweed salad (can't describe it, ucky texture, to me - but I also don't like the iodine-ish flavor, for the double ick-uck).
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member Posts: 1,330 Member Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Raw bell peppers are the WORST EVER

    😱 Nooooooooo lol
  • Crafty_camper123Crafty_camper123 Member Posts: 1,440 Member Member Posts: 1,440 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    Carbs on pizza is an abomination. Brownies that are ALMOST baked are the best. Jk I’d eat raw dough/batter whenever.

    Wait... so.. like the whole pizza? I mean, carbs is kind of the thing that makes it pizza. Or do you mean things like mac n cheese pizza?
  • JennJ323JennJ323 Member Posts: 646 Member Member Posts: 646 Member
    Iced tea is gross, in any variation.

    Actually all tea is gross to me, no thanks, I'll pass on the dirt flavored water :s
    edited January 2020
  • eryn0xeryn0x Member Posts: 138 Member Member Posts: 138 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Reese's peanut butter cups are an overrated candy. Is that even PB in there???

    omg i used to love them but they are so so salty! I still love it in theory but I feel nauseous as soon as it dissolves in my mouth lol... regret.
  • debrag12debrag12 Member Posts: 1,050 Member Member Posts: 1,050 Member
    I hate peanut butter!
  • bametelsbametels Member Posts: 950 Member Member Posts: 950 Member
    Bananas are disgusting and so are avocados!
    edited January 2020
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 2,662 Member Member Posts: 2,662 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    My unpopular opinions about food?

    Don't order the steak if you are going to kill it by ordering it well done.

    Not unpopular. Correct, of course, but not unpopular.
    If you put potatoes or spaghetti noodles in your chili, you're nuts. It's goulash at that point.

    I think chili on potatoes is good, although I didn't know it was a thing. I'm also good with Cincinnati chili.
    Tapioca pudding is a sin.

    I think my opinion is the unpopular one here, which is that tapioca pudding is not actually all that bad.

    I've just started making Cincinnati chili (ATK recipe) in the last few years and love it! My OH thinks it's weird.

    I like tapioca pudding. Do people not like it because of the texture?

    I've used small pearls in the past but got some large pearls recently to make bobo tea, and they didn't work out so am going to try "fish eye" pudding one of these days.

    I grew up in Cincy and Cincy chili, though addicting, is an abomination. Nothing like fat over noodles with layers of fat on top. Swig it down with a Pepsi (Corn Syrup) and you've got Skyline Time.

    For those not knowing what Cincy Chili is, it's ground beef boiled (fat all in) and then spiced up with, among other things, Chili Powder, Cocoa and Cinnammon. Over spaghetti noodles that have been tossed in Tomato Paste and Oil. Then, you add Kidney Beans, Onions and around 2 lbs of finely shredded Mild Cheddar. "Five Way", the only way to go (possibly literally as your arteries clog).
    edited January 2020
  • dujenniferdujennifer Member Posts: 162 Member Member Posts: 162 Member
    I hate most foods that technically are spoiled through their creation process like cottage cheese, sour cream, etc.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,980 Member Member Posts: 1,980 Member
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    I'll eat cottage cheese on rice or mashed potatos or baked potatos

    used to do that all the time when I was a kid. Cottage cheese on baked potato with baked beans on top of it all....Delicious!
Sign In or Register to comment.