Workouts

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Friday is always a surprise. I'm working with my trainer this afternoon, so we'll see what she has in store. Hopefully it isn't going to kill me...supposed to go to the foothills tomorrow morning with my mountain biking peeps and hit the trails.

So you do all the things?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I moved my RX to a pharmacy within walking distance of my job so that every time I get a refill I have to walk 30 min round trip to get it. I won't pay for parking, so I can't cheat. lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Friday is always a surprise. I'm working with my trainer this afternoon, so we'll see what she has in store. Hopefully it isn't going to kill me...supposed to go to the foothills tomorrow morning with my mountain biking peeps and hit the trails.

So you do all the things?

Not really...I lift some weights a few days per week...one day is a pretty basic barbell full body session, another is a circuit training session and my third is with my trainer which is a bit more serious business (sometimes I think she wants me dead). Other than that I mostly road ride or mountain bike, but since it's winter I'm doing more spin in lieu of outdoor cycling and mountain biking.

I was going to spin tomorrow (Saturday) morning, but it's supposed to be gorgeous out (spring teaser...55* in January, GTFO) so I'm taking advantage of that and hitting the trails with some peeps of mine. I haven't really been able to get out on the mountain bike since late October.

Things will get turned upside down once we start getting nicer weather. I usually spin on Saturday mornings and do my Barbell session on Sundays, but those will drop off so I can spend more time on the road or trails. I'll probably keep with my Wednesday spin session through summer though...it's just too hot to cycle outdoors after work in the summer.

If I had it my way, I'd ride all the trails and all of the roads all of the time, but I think resistance training is an important element of overall fitness...and, well...it helps me look better pool side too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I moved my RX to a pharmacy within walking distance of my job so that every time I get a refill I have to walk 30 min round trip to get it. I won't pay for parking, so I can't cheat. lol

Before we moved last year we lived about a mile away from the grocery store we frequent for incidentals. I always liked walking to the store and back for my onion or whatever little thing I needed. We didn't move far, but now it's about 4 miles each way...I do sometimes ride my bike there and back though.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I use to do a *kitten* ton of cardio every day, and still believe that for overall health and longevity, cardio trumps weightlifting... There is no more important muscle in your body than your heart and keeping it as healthy and strong as you can is the key to better health...

However all the running really does break down your joints if you abuse them too much...

It got to the point where I just couldn't do it every day, nor as long as I had before... Besides at this point I'm mostly focused on aesthetics, I just want to look my best, I know shallow but whatever 😂...

Last time I allowed myself to gain weight, not falling off the wagon but trying to get bigger... I knew it was going to be a different ball game trying to get leaner again because I wouldn't be able to just run it off every day, especially if I wanted to preserve muscle...

It was going to take crazy control over my diet... So that's what I focused on and was able to get leaner then probably ever without all the cardio...

Now I really do about 15m a day of hiit... And I never thought I'd ever hear myself say that

:'( what are you trying to say about my running!?

But you're right. Once I get off this little bit of weight my routine will definitely look a lot different.

Running is great, don't get me wrong... Nothing makes me feel better, nor is better for your heart imho...

But I abused it lol, I was up to about 8 miles a day for quite some time... Kind of paying for it now...

My point is I use to be scared to death of dropping down on the cardio until I had no choice... But it forced me to develop myself in other ways...

I'm not trying to make suggestions here, just sharing my story with y'all 💕
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited January 2020
    fq8hdlp6fjxb.jpg

I dont feel so welcome in the running thread so I'm starting my own in chitchat were I feel comfortable.

Today- 4 mi
    Goal for the week-20 mi
    So far...10 miles completed

Month of January...I didnt set a goal...I need to.

I don't feel so welcome there, either, but it doesn't stop me from going there and posting and commenting. I'm sorry you feel that way too, though.
  • canthony3505
    canthony3505 Posts: 35 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Today is my second day back in the gym after a month off. Call me cheesy but it heals my soul and makes me feel strong. Dangit I love weights.

There are worse things to be hooked on. There are few problems that a good sweat session won't put into perspective.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    5 minutes 5 pound dumbbells - biceps and triceps

4 minutes - planks

Running - 3.2 miles
  • 1972ChrisJG
    1972ChrisJG Posts: 43 Member
    Tapout XT. As Moné would say....."it's a kick *kitten* workout"
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    Chest - shoulder - triceps tonite - giant set -

6-12-25
  • cowsfan12
    Early morning leg day

• isalsayourface123
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Early morning leg day

I skipped leg day yesterday:(

Today I'll be doing 6 mi and abs
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Early morning leg day

I skipped leg day yesterday:(

Today I'll be doing 6 mi and abs

🏃🏻‍♀️👌
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    40 minutes of strength training plus 20 minutes on the cross trainer. I even managed to increase the weight of my barbell without my wrist hurting 😁
  • isalsayourface123
    Tapout XT. As Moné would say....."it's a kick *kitten* workout"

Nice workout...I'll have to Google what it is
  • isalsayourface123
    40 minutes of strength training plus 20 minutes on the cross trainer. I even managed to increase the weight of my barbell without my wrist hurting 😁

Nice! You hurt your wrist?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

That's pretty much what I do every day... Down to the wrist issues I still kind of have from a car accident years ago 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Yesterday was shoulders... They get their own day because it's shoulders 🤷🏽‍♂️...

It's all about that shoulder to waist ratio...

Today idk, I would usually run but the leg work maybe catching up to me and if I want to go heavy on them Monday... I've got to somewhat rest the knees today

At the end of the day, Daddy's got to work and I've foolishly injured myself in the past working hard on compromised joints...
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    I’m a runner so, I just run 😂

In the past I’ve added some lifting, yoga, etc, but lately I just gotta get that run in. Those endorphins save. me. 😅
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member

Nice! You hurt your wrist?

That's pretty much what I do every day... Down to the wrist issues I still kind of have from a car accident years ago 😂

It's a pretty good balance! Sorry you suffer with your wrist.

Yeah I fell over at the start of the month and learned I'm not as young and bouncy as I thought I was 😂 my sister is a nurse and she said I'm lucky I didn't break it.