Lose 5lbs + in January 2020

Replies

• syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    In the past two weeks, my calorie average has been 1650 so my gains are understandable.

I need to get a handle on my food intake - especially snacking.

FYI: I have adjusted my ultimate goal because when I hit 118 last month, I realized that I still wanted to try to lower my body fat to a normal range. I have been back and forth with 33% and 34% for about a month. My goal is 30% and we will see what happens. I tend to carry my weight around my waist and hips.

MFP Starting Weight: 140 lbs - February 2011
    Current Starting Weight: 147.4 lbs - November 2017
    January Starting Weight: 121.6 lbs
    January Goal: 118.6 lbs

Height: 5ft

Ultimate Goal: 110 lbs
    Maintenance Goal: 110 to 115 lbs

Weigh-In Days: Monday and Friday

Jan 3: 118.6 at 12pm ... yes, I slept for 8 hours and went to sleep extra late the evening prior
    Jan 6: 117.6 at 5:30am ... so happy that we went to the gym this morning and it's my first day back at work
    Jan 10: 117 at 7am ... ??? my weigh-ins between the week were 119, 119.2, and 118.8
    Jan 13: 119.2 at 7am ... this weight goes along with my weigh-ins
    Jan 17: 120.8 at 5:30am ... at least we went to the gym this morning
    Jan 20: 120.2 at 7:30am ... a step in the right direction
    Jan 24: 120.4 at 5:15am ... not a bad gain
    Jan 27: 121 at 7:30am ... I do not like this gain.
    Jan 31:

Total Loss for January:
    Gym Days in January: 7 [Monthly Goal: 15]

Overall Loss from Nov 2017 to Dec 2019: 25.8 lbs
  • quincyleann
    quincyleann Posts: 7 Member
    Original weight: 140
    January starting weight: 122
    January goal: 117
    Ultimate goal: 111

1st: 122
    7th: 121
    14th: 121
    21st: 120
    28th: 122

Well, I failed. I thought I could do it and I didn't. I thought if I joined a public forum it would somehow provide the accountability I can't seem to find within myself. Not sure what to do now. Any advice? I did read the note about the sodium lemon/parsley water. I have been pretty shocked at my level of sodium intake so maybe that is something to focus on.
  • quincyleann
    quincyleann Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you Mtaratoot, you are right. I just looked back at my diary and I can't believe how few entries I actually made. I had a business trip last week so it is actually a win that I didn't gain weight during it. I hope to continue this challenge in Feb and my new goal will be to log each day.

For reference, I am 44 yrs old, female, 5'6. My top weight was about 5 years ago when I weighed 140. Over the next 3 years I lost 30lbs and was 107 at my lowest. I have been slowly regaining and now I am up 12 lbs and don't want to gain any more. I would like to lose 10lbs and get back to close to where I was a couple of years ago. Thank you for the encouragement.

My family is not supportive, eat most meals out, continuously buy and offer me junk food.

I lost the weight by eating an extremely restrictive diet in the past, I was hoping to just cut calories this time. Maybe there is a happy medium there somewhere and I just haven't found it yet.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member
    Thank you Mtaratoot, you are right. I just looked back at my diary and I can't believe how few entries I actually made. I had a business trip last week so it is actually a win that I didn't gain weight during it. I hope to continue this challenge in Feb and my new goal will be to log each day.

For reference, I am 44 yrs old, female, 5'6. My top weight was about 5 years ago when I weighed 140. Over the next 3 years I lost 30lbs and was 107 at my lowest. I have been slowly regaining and now I am up 12 lbs and don't want to gain any more. I would like to lose 10lbs and get back to close to where I was a couple of years ago. Thank you for the encouragement.

My family is not supportive, eat most meals out, continuously buy and offer me junk food.

I lost the weight by eating an extremely restrictive diet in the past, I was hoping to just cut calories this time. Maybe there is a happy medium there somewhere and I just haven't found it yet.

At your height, your goal weight is underweight! You are already at the low end of healthy weight. Maybe you could reassess your goals!