Lose 5lbs + in January 2020

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    @mtaratoot, Still 4 days left😁

@dawnbgethealthy, Dawn, woo, that sauce would be in my trash can right now. Fresh lemon juice and parsley in water will flush out the sodium. You've done so well in the past year. Your weight will begin to drop again soon.

Yes Tish, I had no idea it had that crazy amount of sodium until I put it into my tracker! I imagine soy sauce (which I don't normally eat) must be high like that too.

Thank you for the encouragement, I work so hard at this and seeing the leftover calories after 10 days with little downward result on the scale can get so frustrating. I know that I have to just stay at it.
    I lost 30 pounds in 11 months, and basically nothing else in the last 4 months. However, I haven't been able to ice skate due to my knees since November, and I am sure that contributed greatly to my loss in 2019 - sometimes I had 1,000 calories left over in my tracker because of skating.
    I am still keeping very active, just not burning quite as much as with skating.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited January 2020
    Female, 59, 5'3"
    MFP start weight Oct 28.18 - 191
    January goal: 152.6
    May goal: 130.0
    Ultimate goal: 112-115

January 02 - 159.5 - I haven't had a scale for a few days. I thought that it would be worse, but I will definitely take it. Using this as my start weight for the month.
    January 03 - 160.9 - I have some work to do to get off the holiday gain.
    January 04 - 159.6 - I really don't want to see the 160s again.
    January 05 - 159.6 - Hoping to see a drop soon.
    January 06 - 159.8
    January 10 - 161.2 - Going in the wrong direction!
    January 11 - 160.2
    January 12 - 162.8 - Officially back to my April 2019 weight, ouch
    January 13 - 164.0 - Still gaining apparently, I think that this is left over from the 11th when I went out for dinner.
    January 14 - 162.5
    January 15 - 159.5 - Happy to see this number this morning. Back to my starting weight for the month with half a month left hopefully to start to go in the other direction.
    January 16 - 159.6
    January 17 - 159.7 - The weekend is coming up and I always have more time for working out and cooking healthy food.
    January 18 - 159.6
    January 19 - 158.4 - ah, finally seeing a loss will motivate me to stay the course.
    January 20 - 159.0
    January 21 - 161.0 - No reason for this spike, maybe it is just too early in the morning.
    January 22 - 160.0
    January 23 - 157.5 - Well, that is more like it!
    January 24 - 157.5 - Going out to dinner tonight, so will keep the calories to a bare minimum during the day.
    January 25 - 157.2 - After Dinner out, kept the calories in check. Even when I do that, I sometimes I gain 3 pounds, probably because of restaurant sodium overload.
    January 26 - 158.8 - Friday's dinner out now showing up?
    January 27 - 160.1 - There are a few reasons for that even though I am feeling leaner today: No sleep due to cold/flu, I put 4 tablespoons of Black Bean Sauce into my stir-fry last night and didn't know until I tracked it that it was 6,893 of sodium!! I have been tracking my left over calories in the 10-day challenge and in 9 days I had 4,090 left over so really should be seeing a loss very soon.
    January 28 - 160.0
    January 29 - 159.0 - Losing only 1/2 pound per month is not acceptable to me, I hope to end the month better, 2 days left.

Running tally for January Gain/Loss: Loss 0.5 pounds
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,937 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy, Yeah Asian sauces are very high in sodium. I have some "low sodium" tamari sauce and it's 710mg of sodium per TB. The only "sauces" I use on a regular basis is salad dressing. Your weight loss seems to be doing what kind did. When we were both trying to get through the 170's, you finally did and I scaled back and forth through them for 8 months. I think after losing a good amount of weight, our bodies don't want to let go of more for awhile. That could be because of a comfortable set point weight we have reached or our bodies inner workings going through a healing process. We do breathe in, drink in, eat and take in a lot of toxins through product use. Our fat absorbs those toxins.
  • carol4351
    carol4351 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2020
    carol4351 wrote: »
    carol4351 wrote: »
    January starting weight - 175.6 lbs
    January goal - 170 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 140 lbs

1st - 175.6 lbs
    8th- 173.2 lbs
    15th - 171.0 lbs
    22nd - 170.6
    29th - 171.0
    31st -
    Total Loss for January:
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @dawnbgethealthy, Yeah Asian sauces are very high in sodium. I have some "low sodium" tamari sauce and it's 710mg of sodium per TB. The only "sauces" I use on a regular basis is salad dressing. Your weight loss seems to be doing what kind did. When we were both trying to get through the 170's, you finally did and I scaled back and forth through them for 8 months. I think after losing a good amount of weight, our bodies don't want to let go of more for awhile. That could be because of a comfortable set point weight we have reached or our bodies inner workings going through a healing process. We do breathe in, drink in, eat and take in a lot of toxins through product use. Our fat absorbs those toxins.

I don't ever add salt to anything, and had already eaten my dinner when I put it into my tracker. I don't have a stir-fry very often, but have learned now about the crazy amount of sodium in sauce.

I have been fighting off a cold/flu for over a week now, that might also be a reason that my body is holding on to weight, but I think that it is as you say, a new set point. I liked the set point of the 156s in October/November, and I will get back there and beyond with some determination and patience : - )