WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Karen - Yes, Gatwick is our nearest airport. 30 miles away. I used to love our little Southampton airport, which was really close, but the choices of destination were limited. Car to Gatwick takes just over 30 mins, and by bus and train about an hour.

Saga rang me this morning about my insurance (I am on blood pressure medication), but I wasn't on the same floor as my phone, so missed it. I will ring them tomorrow.

Dancing tonight! :D<3B)

I'm planning to do my roots this afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Heather, yes, the Mississippi, as well as the Viking river cruises in Europe, which are one of the few who advertise on television in this part of the country. And those kind of decisions are exactly the ones my husband and I make. Discuss things into the ground, for weeks, months, years, and then when the right one is there in front of you, and you both agree, jump. Looks hasty, but those decisions have a lot of discussion underlying them.

Karen in VA, I never wear anything but sports bras, as I'm a very odd size, and they're more comfortable. Thanks for the thought, though. :smile:

KJ, thank you for the good thoughts on the work thing. Talked it over my husband last night, and he (for a change) actually got serious and told me if I need to walk away, to go ahead and do that. I don't need his permission, but I do need his support, if that makes sense--we're a partnership and do nothing that is this large without consulting the other. Oddly enough, knowing that I have that ability puts a different spin on things. I'm working here because I wish to, not because I must. I need reminding sometimes. Glad you got a taker for your igloo. :smiley:

However, I am also and obviously quite drawn to change... and I'm coming up on my one-year mark in this job, so all the same grant applications are circling back around again. It's possible that I'm just craving novelty, and my traitorous brain is making me pick fights to make that happen. I shall have to take myself out back and give myself a good talking to.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    o:)<3Iris & Lilliana & Athena <3o:)

Carol in GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Coronovirus- Their going to try HIV drug y Fli drug cocktail to fight it. Seems to have some weird mutations .

Back to 49lbs lost ! Finally! Darn donuts 🍩 lol. Easy to put a pound or two on but forever to get it off!
    Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Margaret Your last post made me teary. I can only imagine the inner despair that behaviorally-challenged young man must feel each day as he struggles to maintain his control. Your words obviously made a difference to him. Poor kid.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Roots done! Natural blonde again, yeah!

My son has just rung to ask us to change our babysitting to Saturday morning as Sunday is scheduled to be gale force winds and pouring with rain. Not good cycling weather! He is going to book Fatto a Mano for us all afterwards.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I just found this group and you all seem like a very supportive group of ladies. I'm well into my 60's and fortunately healthy and want to stay that way! I've lost almost 8 of the 20 lbs. that I AM going to lose. Short lady syndrome here and every pound shows. My husband passed away 4 years ago after 45 years of marriage so it's been a roller coaster of emotions. We all have our struggles for sure. Hope to be a regular here.

Welcome...Please sign with the name you would like us to call you here in this group.

:heart: Margaret
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Debby- Same here every sniffle were allergies or not? Who did we come in contact with? We went to Chuckie Cheese stayed with a nice Asian family who like JR has a same age preemie Daughter so we kept everyone at bay as a team.1 kid sick they get it so easily! The latest flu been hard on kids,luckily their Daughters y JR have only caught twice the 24hr regular stomach flu. Luckily I didn’t catch it...ooor Hubby did twice!

Today Brunch y Dinner (Crystal light peach tea ☕️ )

Decided to make a salad 🥗 y Potatoes
    1.cooked Shrimp fried in a pan of water,pepper,garlic powder, y margarine 🧈 1 tab (1/2tsp).No coating in shrimp ever.

2. Brunch added it to mixed bag lettuce,avocado,apple small one.

3.Dinner making a potatoe with pepper y a tab of margarine 🧈 with the Greek yogurt (sour cream flavor) topping it with the shrimp

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, The Fit and Fall Proof class is apparently modeled on a class developed elsewhere and includes all sorts of things I already know how to do and could do at home if I had the discipline to do it. There was a session with very light hand weights for bicep curls and passing one weight around from hand to hand and raising above your head. Also bouncing and tossing a playground ball with a partner. Stretching with a resistance band. Side bends and forward bends. Probably a lot of this could be found on line. The trick for me was to be there in the class and do the stuff. At home, I always default to dog walking or riding my exercise bike.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Betsy-I’m so sorry about your sister.Prayers and (((hugs))) to y’all,hoping treatment works.My brother was diagnosed with stage 4 tonsil cancer a while back and he is cancer free.
    Debby in Va
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I get my exercise in yoga class, riding a recumbent bike, walking and horseback riding. The classes and bike are consistent. Horseback riding is not as organized. I go when I have an opportunity & DH is doing ok.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Margaret - What a great story in the classroom. I wish more teachers were like you.

Betsy - I'm with you on needing to get back into logging my food, especially after our Donuts and Beer Bowl on Sunday. Sending good thoughts to you and your family regarding your sister.

Jobs- I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that needed to change workplaces often. I rarely stayed at one place for more than a year. I just got bored and needed to move on.

Machka - Loved that photo. It was very peaceful.

I also get annoyed by city noises. We live at the top of a canyon and the emergency vehicles use a road we can see on the other side of the canyon. We hear sirens all the time. It's dangerous because while I do hear them, I don't think to pull over when I'm driving. We also hear a lot of helicopters that are always looking in the canyons from something or someone. I hear a lot of vehicle noise in general as well as very loud car stereo sounds. Those are probably the most annoying.

All that said, we did stay at a lovely hotel in Transylvania last summer outside a small village and all we heard all night long were dogs barking at each other. No sleep at all.

Heather - Your river cruise sounds wonderful. I know several people who have done them and they have all loved them.

Tina in CA
  • Stefhscherr
    Stefhscherr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me to this supportive group!

Stef from Maryland
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Dancing went well, though I was super tired. I'm glad I went. DH found this week a bit easier, though he won't accept that he is getting better at it! Our teachers are really great and friendly. As soon as I hear the music my mood perks up. :D

Got to make sure I'm up in good time tomorrow, so I can get all, or most of my exercises done before I leave to catch the train to see my friend. Hope I sleep tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx