WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Beth - glad you liked my cheese falling off my cracker. One of my favorite Southern sayings, and honestly a little hard to find a place to use it. :)

Work stuff again:

Beth, Karen VA and everyone, thanks for the good words on the work thing. I hate losing my cool on a Monday morning - it does not set the week off very well. And I REALLY hate the way I lose my cool. I would much prefer to be haughty, maybe even develop a posh accent, and say things like, "Well, I NEVer!" in tones of absolute disdain.

Yeah, no. That ain't happening.

NYKaren - hope the remaining tests are good. You've had enough already.

Katla - Glad Jake's tests went well.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Lisa in AR: DH hasn't had tests recently, and he is not named Jake. He had a colonoscopy last fall and although he has digestive challenges, there was nothing scary in the test results. I'll bet you're thinking of Barbie's Jake, who has had tests recently. :star:
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cathy AMAZING transformation! You have done an terrific job. You look SO happy and healthy!

Happy Birthday Week Kylia!!

Flea So sad about your puppy. I don’t handle losing animals well. I feel for everyone who is going through this!! My Doggies are my kids since the kids have moved on.

Michele Message me when you return from FL and we will make arrangements to meet up if the weather permits. It’s been so mild; I keep expecting a big snow. That snow last week was a pleasant surprise. I was out in it with a friend and we really enjoyed it. I kept singing Christmas songs…lol.

I start babysitting my sweet Iris full time next week! So excited and hoping my body is up to it!! I pulled a muscle in my back on the way to church Sunday night. I ended up barely able to sit for the Superbowl party (squirmy from pain). Spent yesterday on ice off and on, using Lidoderm patches and even giving in to pain pills. It was horrific. Also, was up all night Sunday in pain. It sucks getting older some days – one false move and down for a day +. Today is still uncomfortable, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Still wish my body was 20 years younger!!

KJ Love the igloo. Those kids are so blessed!! Looks like fun (I would enjoy it now)!!

Rebecca You go girl!! Impressive self-control with your diet!

Terri I love your Africa bedroom! That wall is especially beautiful!

So grateful for all of you wonderful women!! <3 Luci in WNC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Indeed NYKAREN, it was an experience I shall repeat once a month. Our pilgrimage to the ramen shop is such a treat with my eldest son! I takes me back to when I would take him to the ramen place at the end of the flightline on Atsugi base in Japan.💖. He was 3 and a great slurper! He is now 30 and though he eats a heck of a lot neater, his smile is still the same.😁
    💖Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ooh today's meal is wild rice, spinach, wholly guacamole, roast chicken! Then my next snack is yogurt. Then finally at 2:30 I will have more guacamole, Triscuit crackers, and a container of applesauce. I will be happy lady!
    💖Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Yes it isnt for sleep it's a new antidepressant and I called the drs office and told them I wont be taking that again .
    Made me totally loopy and not with it at all.. so left a message with his nurse and she will relay and hopefully be able to find something else that works..
    I am out with Trudy.. we are going to happy hour where I will be drinking water thank you very much.no alcohol for awhile
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I'm not really frustrated, just uncomprehending. Of course, if it's a cruise he decides on, we have to book toute suite. :D We both felt that we had been depending on our cruises too much and needed to do something else for a change.
    When I lived in the countryside, I was plagued by noise! Weed whackers, chain saws, builders extending already huge houses, dogs endlessly barking, tractors harvesting, ducks quacking, cockerels, quad bikes, unfriendly farmers, grass being mowed etc etc etc. Here we have peace and quiet and privacy. :D I have stayed in the countryside many times on holiday and had my peace and quiet ruined by dogs barking and agricultural noise like tree cutting. The town is much quieter! :pB) Just a few sparrows tweeting and the occasional bark of a fox.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka would you remind me in which field of study these classes are? Thought it was tech related, but “well worn” powerpoints wouldn’t be adequate for such a rapidly changing field. :heart: the wombats.

It's IT.

I got a Software Development Certificate (a year-long course) in Canada which I did by evening classes between 2000 and 2003 ...

The stuff we're being taught now is very similar to what I learned then. In one case, I was reading a chapter of a book the instructor had posted for us when it suddenly dawn on me that I have the book ... it was a textbook for one of the courses I took between 2000 and 2003.

In the course before the one I'm currently in, the instructor spent 2 or 3 lectures talking about input devices (mice, keyboards, microphones, etc. etc.) which was almost word-for-word what I learned in my very first course of the Software Development Certificate in 2000.

In another course, we were being taught a way of doing things which I remembered I strongly disliked in the SD Certificate courses and which I've never used in any of the IT work I've done. In fact, I asked about it where I'm working now and got blank looks. It's just not used. It wasn't used back in 2000 and it isn't used now. Then I looked up the date of the articles we were meant to read about it, and they were all late 1990s. I gave that course a poor review!

Fortunately some classes have dealt with more current things ... and the whole area of knowledge management has been very interesting for me.

Machka in Oz

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lisa in AR: DH hasn't had tests recently, and he is not named Jake. He had a colonoscopy last fall and although he has digestive challenges, there was nothing scary in the test results. I'll bet you're thinking of Barbie's Jake, who has had tests recently. :star:

My apologies, Katla! Barbie, was glad to hear Jake's tests went well. :)

Mea culpa,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,717 Member
    Options
    Feeling better.but gee got a call have to work 9-6 tomorrow. I rarely get days off now and when I have plans always have to change .. oh well