WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    We are still talking about what to do for DH's 75th birthday in October. A new brochure for Saga dropped through the letter box this morning. We are tempted by a cruise to Greece. I keep telling him it's his birthday, his choice, but he doesn't really get it. :* He has been to Greece many times, but I have never been. But it's not my birthday. :# It's quite expensive, even for the cheapest cabin, as it's a long trip. But I'm not going to think about that. :noway: One slight problem is that it will be a new ship which we don't know. This would be its fourth voyage.
    Discussion , decision.
    The alternative is a flight to France for several days or a week. Or anything he wants, but he doesn't know what he wants. :sad:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
    Heather <3 Traveling makes your husband anxious, regardless of how much fun the trip is, sometimes to the point that he has a meltdown beforehand. He doesn't completely love dancing. He loves you & doesn't want to disappoint you. But it's HIS birthday. He likes cricket. He likes his men friends and (I think) his daughter. He likes the grandchildren. He likes you. He likes your cooking. What else does he like? <3

Karen in Virginia, looking forward to a Lilliana day!!!

I wondered about this too.

If he feels uncertain about travel, does his 75th birthday celebration have to include travel?

What about accompanying him to one of his multi-day cricket matches? Or if you two really want to include travel, a cricket match in another country. I think the next Ashes are here in Australia ... maybe he wants to save up and come see them here?

My husband likes travelling, and I'll almost always include some travel in my birthday plans, but for his 60th, what he wanted was to have dinner in the revolving restaurant at the top of the tallest building in the city. He'd never done that before and wanted to do it. So we did! .......... and I discovered Lava Cake which I've since learned how to make. :grin:

So ... maybe take travel off the table and see if that makes the decision easier. :)

M in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Pip- Thieves-GRRRRR! We now have a wall of shame and I blast pictures on Facebook. Seems to have slowed them down for now! ((Hugs))

Rvrita- I feel you! Omg! One birthday weekend and my scale is up 3.5 pounds! smh. We can do this!

Kelly- yes, me too on too much sugar. Just messes with my belly. Especially if mixed with alcohol.

On page 9. Yesterday was blessed with sunshine for my birthday and 60 degrees! So much love too!

My fitbit one died! The problem with my fitbit on my wrist is it doesn't count steps if I am carrying or pushing something! So frustrating. Hoping can reset the One!

Heading to work!
    Kylia in rainy Ohio
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Margaret. Many hugs back to you.

Lisa in AR, headed into town. :neutral:
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Caught up! B)

Someone said that one of the great things about this group of ladies is that by sharing, you find out you aren't alone in your experiences. That is liberating for me! So please cent, cry, share away!

Lisa- my husband micromanages-rrrr! It isn't like I just started working with him yesterday. It has been almost 22 years. I think I've got this! Hugs!

Margaret- thank you for the advice on preparing our backpacks.

Two days of warmth and sunshine! Aww! Happy Kylia! Migraine today :( Two storm fronts colliding today. Rain followed by snow. 😪 rain/snow in forecast for next 10 days. It is February in Ohio.

If to get some work done.

<3
    Kylia drinking water and trying to stay dry in Ohio
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all who need them and prayers!

Karen VA ~ Lilliana is so very tiny and cute!

Lisa ~ Sorry you had to go through the trauma your boss brought on. When I was teaching, we had to be observed at least once a year and they always had to come up with something I was doing wrong. I think it was to justify that they were doing their job.

Margaret ~ You have been through so much with your son and have been around some folks near you that are suffering. I think you have come up with some very good ways to keep your sanity.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Pip: I was going to a 24 hour fitness gym for a while when I was still working. It is a great option for people who need to exercise and also be at work on time. Before that I tried working out at the gym evenings, but by then I was too tired to get the workout I needed. After I retired I didn’t need to worry about the morning commute, and I joined the fitness club I’ve been going ever since. :star: I’m glad you got the okay to bring your bike inside.

Terri Richards: Congrats on the sleep and the weight loss. WTG!!! I love the Dust if you Must poem. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Vent any time you need to. I hope your new boss learns to trust your skills and to communicate with you better. :star:

We had an appointment with our financial advisor scheduled for this morning, but DH is not feeling well enough to go. I called in to cancel but was transferred to who knows where. I’ll call in again in a little while.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Had lots to say then mind went blank. Loved the bedroom pic.Glad your Partners foot has no clots. So much more. Foggy brain today.

Skipping my weight in. Eating right plus exercise then weigh tomorrow.

Amber Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Regarding DH, he's so used to thinking about what I want that he doesn't know what he wants! Drives me a bit nuts! :# We will no doubt have a birthday tea sometime with the grandchildren, whatever else we do. :D<3
    Not the cricket season, so that's out. Long haul is out for the reasons Karen mentioned. We've been talking about a quick Europe hop for ages, so I was trying to encourage him to think of HIS preference. I threw Vienna in there as I know it's somewhere he wants to see, but he said, "but you've already been there." :sad: He doesn't now get nervous about cruises, so that's why we discussed that. :D
    If he wants to stay home I'm fine with that, but we do often go somewhere in October as it's both our birthdays. Nice weather for a city break. He is a man of few wants, apart from his cricket and the football on the TV.

Our singing today was fabulous and thoroughly enjoyed by both of us. :D Our classical was Handel.

Hairy Bikers' chicken tonight. With brussel sprouts.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Wow Holy cow.. just one pill.and a small dose at that.. not going to take that again....took it last night.slept almost 10 hrs, got up and took Dan to work and got Alfie out and then came home and went back to bed and slept another 2 1/2 hrs .I just called the Drs and told them I will not keep taking that.No way..
    Hopefully they have something that makes you less drowsy..
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie: Sorry to hear that your sleep prescription was not what you need. I know you're a tea drinker. It occurs to me to wonder whether this is black tea or herbal tea. Black tea usually has loads of caffeine—great to kick off a busy day. There are some lovely teas without caffeine. One of them is Celestial Seasonings SleepyTime Tea and it is nice to have in the evening. It doesn't result in sleep problems for me. I also like their caffeine free Peppermint Tea. I know you need to talk to your DR about the prescription situation. Good luck getting things set up for your best health.

Katla
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie- my goodness that’s not normal they have to prescribe something else!
    Sleepy time tea works for my Daughter. Melatonin think it’s called works too for some.

Amber Tx