• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    m19014.gif
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Todo"s and "done"
    Done: invest 10 mins VACUUMING dining room, finished and filed taxes.
    Bonus:
    ToDo: BB&B, Woof for gift card, BiMart for oil, pick up P.O. Box, recycling, invest 10 mins cleaning Master&Guest Bds, carry over 10 mins cleaning GuestBth and Living Room, schedule DEXA scan with CHN, Line Dance Shadow to Mini Pet Mart to shop for crate, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, bake bran muffins, call Pat, call Carolyn D. Next week get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.

Finished and filed taxes, hooray! Happy with my decision to have both fed and state taxes withheld from IRA distributions at higher rates (15% fed, 9% OR), results in a nice refund. Kind of like an automatic savings account. It bears no interest but keeps me from having to write out those hated checks to the IRS.

Celebrated with a half bottle of red wine, which led to the spicy cheese crunchies, which led to the chocolates… which led to the expected bump back up in weight this morning. Surprise! 

Tina, my Joe used to ride motorcycles and split the lanes especially during commuter traffic. When he realized his reaction time was slowing, he sold them off and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.
    Karen in VA Thank you for sharing Olivia’s pics. Had no idea tomorrow was her 3rd bday. Thanks be! And Liliana is soo cute upside down, rightside up or even sideways.
    Annie in DE tell us more about your planned dude ranch trip? Something I’d always wanted to do… 
    Samand hoping you can get relief from ulcer pain soon.
    Katla when I want butter flavor but not real butter, avocado oil is my go-to. Good for high heat grilling and tastes good too!
    Rebecca I can just see you bonking your chief with a scepter, wearing your tiara…. And a smile ;)
    Cathy so glad you’ve found dancing… and a partner. Would you share your Mediterranean marinated cheese recipe?
    Welcome Jackiem1231 wish I could go and see Menopause the Musical with you and Michele.
    Machka had I attempted even a tenth of your flights of stairs, my legs would not have laughed, they would have given me a juicy raspberry.
    Allie please try Zicam to ward off any colds. Thinking of your trip.
    Kylia did I read it right? Your Grandson is singing the national anthem at a basketball game? Solo or in a choir? You must be so proud!
    Heather no guilt for taxis instead of waiting in the cold. You have to protect your (and your DH’s) health. Thank you for sharing those pics, Art Deco/Streamline Moderne are my favorite styles. Viv sorry for your bruises. Recycling bins can be very hungry, I fell completely into one once at work. Folk never let me forget…
    KJ the joy on their faces, especialy Miguelito’s. Put a big smile on mine. Thanks!
    Carol ((hugs)) Hope the dreams have brought some comfort.
    Welcome Monte HB Calif. “log daily, and check in, drink water, and find an exercise I love.” Keys to success!

Will sock away half of that refund for this year’s unexpecteds, share a third of the remainder with Joe, and use the rest for my stuff (gifts, wish list items including a chair frame for my exercise ball, a key finder (Tile brand or other) and an older version Dyson Animal cordless stick VACUUM cleaner). Hoping the new toy, with its max 20 mins battery life, will make daily VACUUMING more play and less dreadful. :laugh:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: better than January.
    daily: steps=2134 :P vits=5 log=6 CI<CO=5 CI<250<CO=4 Tumble 5/10=2 mfp=6 outside=2 clean 10 mins=4
    wkly: BB&B x3=3, rx=1 dance=2 pack walk=1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= review 20for20=1
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    I have two of my grands Saturday night. I am excited. I do have to take grandson north to sing the National anthem before a basketball game. Probably will have to go take care of the dogs. But I get to spend time with kiddos.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where it is wearing a lightweight white jacket

>>>

Kylia, this is seriously cool! How old is your grandson?

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Viv Ouch! So sorry you fell.

Heather I would love to have lunch in that restaurant. The three story ceiling alone is breathtaking and uplifting!

Carol I think Machka's post where she says public transportation is how she has gotten around most of her life makes an important point. Most of us (except perhaps New Yorkers & Washingtonians) have NOT used public transportation most of our lives. If we had, it would not be intimidating. Give yourself more credit, sweet lady, you are more competent and courageous than you know.

Kelly That is THE MOST DARLING photo of Joaquin & Miguel. My heart is going pitterpatterpitterpatterpitterpatter. <3<3

Karen in Virginia where my brilliant grandson has managed to finish his classwork despite intermittent electric & internet outages this morning
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: The February 500 sounds like a huge challenge. Good luck. :star:

Heather: Sorry to hear that your DH is having back trouble. :flowerforyou:

Viv: I’m sorry you tripped in the garage. Seems like landing in the recycling bin might have been lucky. Kylia ha a good idea about using ice to help reduce swelling and pain. I remember an old saying—"ice is nice but rest is best.” Seems like ice, elevation and rest are a great line up. Feel better soon. :heart:

Carol in GA: I am so sorry about the loss of your Pom. When we lost our previous dog to a bee sting we started looking for a puppy. It took about three months to find one. He is now an old boy, but is getting along okay with the help of a daily pain pill. :star:

Barbara: I’ve never noticed avocado oil on the store shelves. I’ll look. :flowerforyou::

Yoga today! Yay!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • stltrimom1015
    stltrimom1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cathy in TX – my DH and I are planning a trip to Seattle in the spring also for our 30th anniversary, we’re looking at mid-May. My DS and his GF went a couple years ago and my sister goes out there for work sometimes. Both have said Pike’s Place Market and the Space Needle were things they enjoyed. DH also wants to take the Boeing tour (he may be on his own for that – I’m not really all that interested in it).

Katla – Chihuly Garden and Glass is something else my DS recommended. Sounds like something I would really enjoy.

Marianne – hooray for good news at the doc’s!

Skipped my workout last night. My body was still achy from shoveling snow on Wednesday. It was only 2” but it was the heavy, wet snow and my shoulders and back were still feeling it. I had planned to at least do some yoga last night to stretch things out, but got started on a jigsaw puzzle and before I knew it, it was time for bed. I’ll have to start setting an alarm or timer so the time doesn’t get away from me.

JanetO - eastern MO
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Did a Jari Love DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a yoga DVD here at the condo

Heather – what a trip! The Wolsely looks like a very majestic place. No wonder you like it so much

Viv UK – please take care of yourself

Welcome everyone new to a great group!

According to the scale at the Y, I had a very slight increase in weight. But I know that’s because I had a brownie last night. Honestly, if I don’t snack at night regardless of how many calories I have left for the day, I can be almost always guaranteed of a loss. Now just to do it!

I lost the case for my headphones. I think it probably fell out of my bag and with the high winds blew away. When we get home, I’ll see about getting a replacement.

Vince left for the bowling alley to sub. The guy is here right now to fix the a/c (it wasn’t cooling, he says the compressor isn’t getting the signal to cool.). When he leaves, I may go over and just bowl a few games myself.

Michele in windy FL
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    JanetO - You may think the Boeing tour sounds dull, but I thought it was really interesting. Even if you are not the least bit interested in planes or aviation, it is still a very cool tour....just the sheer numbers they toss out and the size of the facility are impressive and worth hearing and seeing.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Ioooooiiiii
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I’ll see whether I can find avocado oil locally. I haven’t seen it on the shelves, but that is as likely because I wasn’t looking for it. I‘ll write it on my grocery list and see if anyone has it locally. :star:

Janet O: The glass creations are displayed beautifully at the Chuhuly Garden. I think you’ll be glad if you go there. :flowerforyou:

I just finished knitting a new dishcloth. Some of my old ones are getting ratty enough to be put in with car washing bucket. I missed yoga today. I got into the knitting project and forgot to go. :embarassed:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    I'm tucked in..with heated mattress pad and the pup.. going to relax and watch some TV.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm unsure of something regarding the reading of a crochet pattern. Is there someone who can tell me what something is meant? A tube video won't answer my question.

Michele in FL