What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'm really touched by how much love and support I'm getting from many of you, Thank you 🙏❤ It's been very hard lately, emotionally and physically. My life has been "on hold" for almost 6 months. I'm also not the same person that I was before this. Opening up about my battle against cancer has been part of my healing process. When I share my struggles, I do it in Hope's that it makes people see that life is fragile. Sure, I knew that before... but did I really??? No, I had no clue how fragile it was. We need to appreciate it more, love more, forgive more, practice more kindness...you really have no idea how much you can make a difference in someone's life and how our lives can change in the blink of a eye.

I think this is the most moving post I've ever read. I haven't really connected with you here but do read your posts and think you're an incredibly brave and strong person. I wish you all the best with all my heart. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Life just plain SUcKs sometimes.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Yesterday an old friend who lives far from me wrote on Facebook that she misses my weirdness. A couple of days ago another old friend said that I am quirky and funny and have a unique point of view.

It’s good to know people who appreciate me for who I am - especially because I can’t be anyone else. 💕

I often wonder about the psychology of this place... I mean, are we all a little weird? I mean it's not like there are 50k people using chit-chat 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Probably a really small core group of people who come and go comparative to all the rest of the forums as a whole...

Is there just something about this place that attracts people like us to it... Or are we just the ones who found it...

Why are my coworkers playing candy crush and I'm here 🤔... It's kinda almost odd honestly...

It is kinda weird, and I also think about all the lurkers that just read and dont comment.. then I get paranoid...we are kinda in a fishbowl.

And good question about what draws us here. For me I guess it's the people and freedom to say exactly (or almost exactly) what I want to with little repercussions.

I am intimidated by some of the other forums here...like I have a legit fitness question I want to ask, but don't want to get "attacked" or for people to be "mean" to me (I am laughing at myself for being so sensitive!)

I get it. I tried to voice my opinion a couple different times in defense of others and got attacked, even told maybe this wasn't the place for me. Really?? Maybe it's not the place for them? A person definitely needs a thick skin when they enter a forum and speak up. Arrogant people have always been a major turn-off for me and there are definitely some.............
    That's my reasoning for enjoying the chit-chat side of things. :)
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    On another note, I may be stuck in bed again today but my boyfriend brought me some Macarons 🤤

pqwxrxdo32u7.jpg

Your boyfriend is smart!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    On another note, I may be stuck in bed again today but my boyfriend brought me some Macarons 🤤

pqwxrxdo32u7.jpg

Your boyfriend is smart!

He has his moments 🤣 he definitely got brownie points for this.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

pqwxrxdo32u7.jpg

Hey lovely - sorry you've been feeling down 🤗 I'm glad you have a loving boyfriend to cheer you up in the dark days ❤
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I woke up with no eyebrows and almost no lashes 😔 they have thinned out since treatments so I guess I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. This may sound stupid but I think this affects me more than my hair loss. I don't even want to look in the mirror anymore. One more reason to keep staying home.mq0tvpczw9m1.jpg

I can't make your eyebrows and lashes come back nor take away how it feels.. I wish I could. But I can say, whilst it's a low point right now, your hair will grow back and treatments will be over and you'll go on and this will all be in the past, a memory.
    Till then know that you have lots of people who care and are thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and hugs to you 🤗😙💝
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options

pqwxrxdo32u7.jpg

best boyfriend ever... enjoy those team T treats :)
  • lifeovpi
    lifeovpi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's only 3:17?
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Doritos... MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
  • JocyChan
    JocyChan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thinking about if intermittent fasting is a good thing to start doing vs just calorie restriction?
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    JocyChan wrote: »
    Thinking about if intermittent fasting is a good thing to start doing vs just calorie restriction?

I will try to make this brief. In 2013, I started on a weight loss program of low carb, exercise & counting calories etc. I started at 405 and lost roughly 200 lbs by early Feb-March 2015. I gave away all my huge clothes. I went from size 60 to 42. I was able to maintain that loss for about 3 yrs… but slowly got lax with food intake (wrong foods, wrong amounts etc.) and quickly headed to nearly 300 by early 2019. I NEVER regained the 1st 100 I lost and I had promised myself I would NEVER buy any new clothes in large sizes to accommodate the pounds I had re-gained….
    Around May of 2019, I started a combination of Intermittent Fasting (16/8), low carb, increased walking, and yes calorie counting. I switched my diet to largely plant-based but still eat small portions of non-processed meats. Mentally I was ready! I must say this was actually “easier” for me than my last regimen. In 10 months, I have lost over 80 pounds (over 180 since 2013) and am back where I belong – I have another 5-10 lbs I’d like to ditch. I not only love intermittent fasting (that really is just timed eating and never had me “starving”) and I plan to just go with it as my lifestyle. Best of luck (Ps my Hepatic Function Panel showed LDL of 133.00 in Jan 2019 and by Sept 2019 it was only 71.20. (Just bought new pants - size 38)
  • diets_and_daiquiris
    Options
    Whether or not I'm going to fall asleep without getting out of bed and walking down stairs to get chocolate fudge cake from the fridge
  • lifeovpi
    lifeovpi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm bored
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    it's raining here tonight.

it never rains here.

should I call the Police ?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member