What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    ro2kmypbjyty.jpeg
    Egg bake, chicken thighs and salad!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    LUNCH: albacore tuna sauteed with a little soy sauce and salmon seasoning mixed with steamed broccoli.
  • nighthawk584
    Dinner: Air fried chicken breast with sweet potato (added a little butter and cinnamon sugar)
    Calories: 525
    Protein: 53 grams
    bu1qz4x2cv3k.jpg
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member
    Cottage pie with quorn mince meat, veg stock, chopped carrots, onions & peas with a sweet potato topping.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Lugaw Filipino version of chicken noodle soup
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Simple, simple today but quality ingredients: pasta with butter and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Steamed artichokes and my idiot proof hollandaise as a starter. I melt 50g butter, the juice of half to a whole lemon lemon and a dash of green tabasco in a large glass or ceramic bowl in the microwave. Put bowl over a small sauce pan au bain marie and whisk in an egg yolk until you reach the desired consitency. If it gets too thick add a few drops of water. Season to taste. The reason for using a large bowl is the fiddliness of pouring hollandaise into serving dishes when you need oven mits to handle the hot bowl.

I got a sous vide stick for my birthday so experimenting with that today. Topside roast is in the sous vide. Will finish parboiled roast potatoes in the air fryer and finish sous vide carrots under the basket of the air fryer. Will sear the roast later either on the stove or in the air fryer on top of the potatoes.

Was a little confused looking up topside sous vide recipes online, medium rare. Temperature varied from 52C to 59C and time from 2.5 hours to 24 hours. I am going for 6 hours at 52C. Maybe I should go for searing in the air fryer because I chose the lowest temperature of recipes online.
  • snowflake954
    Tonight I made whole wheat piadelle (wraps) with swiss cheese, iceberg lettuce and bresaola (salted lean beef) or turkey breast. I heat the wraps up flat alone in a non-stick frying pan, when toasted on one side, flip over and put on the cheese, meat and then the lettuce, fold in half, toast one side and then flip and toast the other. Nice and crispy, cheese is melting.......
  • lifeovpi
    lifeovpi Posts: 121 Member
    Burriros
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    edited February 2020
    Moussaka. Never made it before and I’m tempted to log the time it took to prepare it because I was on my feet for an hour and change. And I’m already trying to think of ways to make it better because it had a metric ton of oil that seemed completely unnecessary.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    coquelet chicken in oven with sauteed green beans and coleslaw salad
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    LAST EVENING: dinner for family/2 nights, Italian style: baked (not fried) chicken parm, pasta/sauce, steamed peas and side salad. Boneless/skinless breasts, thin-cut at home.

TODAY: rainy, cool, January day - fresh loaf of bread. Whole wheat with whey - lower salt, lower cal, lower gylcemic index, more protein than comparable commercial breads and no long list of ingredients. Makes for a great-smelling kitchen. My experience with whey-augmented breads (3 scoops in this loaf) is that they brown more than flour-only loaves, giving a toasty top crust.

stl9feh0e8n1.jpg

9tfwzv3dvbj5.jpg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    No appetite because the antibiotics prescribed for my bronchitis made me vomit earlier today. Not sure if you should take another dose if you vomit 30 minutes after taking antibiotics. Rosti and roast courgette mixed jarred artichoke bits. Last night's leftover onion gravy.
    4k9y5gic1r34.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    No appetite because the antibiotics prescribed for my bronchitis ...

feel better.
  • snowflake954
    Last night --cream of potato and celery soup with freshly grated PR on top. Chicken thighs browned in a non stick kettle--no added oil (leftover bones and skin were simmered later for chicken broth). Tuna salad on toasted crusts of bread.
  • nighthawk584
    Shepherd's Pie
  • snowflake954
    Risotto today. Made with carnoli rice, EVOO, finely chopped onion, celery, parsely, and carrot, white wine, chopped mushrooms, grated zucchini, cream, and freshly grated PR.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breaded and baked chicken breast, topped with a little marinara and shredded mozz cheese (a lazy chicken parm I suppose) with a side of spaghetti with marinara for my husband and daughter, for myself I made green beans in the air fryer.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited February 2020
    Tofu tacos with a pepita lime crema and cabbage, lime, and jalapeno slaw.
  • fattypattyt
    fattypattyt Posts: 8 Member
    Stuffed red peppers with sauteed mushrooms, onions, celery, brown rice and pinto beans. I added left over home made vegetable spaghetti sauce until I got the consistency I wanted. Baked at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Served with a side of roasted beets. Tasty and Satisfying :)